Small katana

You own a katana? That is pretty sick!!!

Onto the MOC, I like the look of the hilt quite a bit. I'm not too sure about the blade though....looks to unconvincing to me honestly. Sorry.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

You own a katana? That is pretty sick!!!

Onto the MOC, I like the look of the hilt quite a bit. I'm not too sure about the blade though....looks to unconvincing to me honestly. Sorry.

:tohu:

What do you mean by unconvincing? More pictures can be added if you like.

Don't believe in yourself,

believe in the me,

that believes in you.

I kind of agree, the blade isn't very convincing. I see how you did it, and it's a genius idea for how to do a blade. But there's something off about it.

The hilt actually looks like an incredible basis of a lightsaber to me. If you made that blade longer, you would have an epic lightsaber on your hands if you asked me.

I'll try that and upload pictures of it.

--edit---

Okay, the link now has 2 more pictures in it. One is of the improved katana with a longer and different colored blade (comparison with three other actual katanas), the other shows how floppy and wobbly it is now.

Edited by slushie avenger

believe in the me,

that believes in you.

I look forward to it! Yeah, the more I look at that hilt, the more I like it. I still have no clue how you did it, but it looks awesome!

I sort of just combined the leg parts on the Scopio vehicle. They fit together nicely.

believe in the me,

that believes in you.

A very neat and smooth design. I can see how others think the handle looks similar to that of a lightsaber, and it would make a perfect such weapon if you switched the handle and blade's colors. But it's still a great handle in general, not just for a lightsaber.

The one problem about this as a katana, as easily seen next to your actual swords, is that it lacks the signature curve. It might be hard to achieve this and keep the blade's smoothness, but you could possibly pull it off using something similar to the idea you used to angle the tip. Adding a small crossguard would complete the look.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock