What Kind Of Music Do You Listen To

Larnuu

Usually depends on what mood I'm in, but mostly it comes down to this:

• [*]Rock (Skillet, TFK, Red)[*]Alternative Rock (Switchfoot)[*]Nu Metal (Linkin Park)

Not a huge fan of rap or anything like that. There's SOME electronic music I like (SoulEye) but that's about it.

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

I listen to anything with keyboards in it, and the Smiths. But I'm always open to new soundscapes. :) -Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

I listen to what I consider a decent variety of music, including Irish and Scottish folk music (especially instrumental), Indian classical music, Baroque, some Classical (most of it seems too formulaic to me), stuff from the Romantic era (Stravinsky is, in case you've been living under a rock, really, really awesome), Progressive Rock (Jethro Tull in the early 70s), Folk Rock (Jethro Tull in the late 70s), Blues/Jazz (Jethro Tull in 1968), the rest of Jethro Tull, metal in which the vocals aren't too harsh (grating vocals generally get an instant negative reaction from me), and pretty much any rock that features clever instrumental work and doesn't have vocals that irritate me. Some voices, like Lou Reed's, just annoy me for, as far as I can tell, no particular reason.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

any and everything, to some extent. Folk music from various countries, the various rock styles, 'popular' music (How that gets to qualify as a genre I'll never know), orchestral, etc. I like smooth clear voices, so raspy gravelly voices are a huge turn-off aurally (With the Exception of Rowlff from The Muppet Show, of course)

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

Indie! :P 'Course, I have 14,860 songs, so not all of it's indie..but for the most part, indie's my favourite to listen to. Just cos it feels like it has more substance, I guess. Some of my favourite artists are Andrew Bird, Bon Iver, Bright Eyes, fun., I Am Kloot, Modest Mouse, Neutral Milk Hotel, Okkervil River, Say Hi, Spoon, Steel Train, The Airborne Toxic Event, The Antlers, The Format, The Hold Steady, the Mountain Goats, The National, The Unicorns, and The Veils. Though there are a lot of really fantastic bands that I simply can't list..

Almost everything Mostly Rock, Blues, Funk, R&B (not the new kind... the good kind like Stevie Wonder), some Pop (mostly Michael Jackson), some metal (like early 90s Red Hot Chili Peppers and Guns N' Roses), Grunge (mostly Pearl Jam), some Experimental/Indie rock (John Frusciante's solo stuff), some Psychedelic rock and some Jazz. And Classical, which even though I don't usually listen to on purpose, is very good as well. So a little of everything... except Hip-hop and Death Metal. :P

Edited by Vataki

naw man

• 4 weeks later...

Female vocals. Female vocals aaall the way.The only male vocals I listen to are John Mayer and a few of My Chemical Romance's songs from their album Danger Days.Recently, I discovered that almost all the bands and artists I listen to don't make the same song twice when debating bands in another topic here.Evanescence, Marina & The Diamonds, Florence + The Machine, Christina Aguilera, Lily Allen, Ellie Goulding, Björk.I have very few bands that have a very consistent sound. Bands like Flyleaf, Paramore, The Pretty Reckless, Avril Lavigne, Owl City.As you can see, there's some rock and sometimes even metal in there as well as some alternative pop.It's never pure pop, it's always some weird elements in there. And the pop artists in there are cool pop artists.

Edited by The Change

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find my old post, so I'll just add another, if it's okay.JpopVisual kei (LoveloveloveloveLOVE!) (Rock in japanese with hot guys crossdressing)Nerd music (Chameleon Circuit, ALL CAPS)Anime musicRock (Especially gothic and pop punk)Normal music

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Rock (No, not Linkin Park and Relient K - Pink Floyd, The Eagles, and Steve Miller)Video Game Music (Super Mario Galaxy, etc.)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 3 months later...

A wide selection of metal, grunge, and rock - Motley Crue, Metallica, Megadeth, Linkin Park, Giant, Dokken, Twisted Sister, Slayer, Anthrax, Avenged Sevenfold, Savatage, Shadows Fall, Scorpions, Rage Against the Machine, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Ozzy Osbourne, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Kansas, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, HIM, Giant, Def Leppard, CCR, Chickenfoot, Blue Oyster Cult, Audioslave, AC/DC, The Agony Scene, and Alice Cooper.Just to name a few.

Oh, and Weird Al.

Right. And Weird Al.Dang it... Dead topic Revival. My bad. Edited by Achilles
kopaka_mata_banner.png
^ Credit goes to: Matoro Inika: Toa of Ice ^

An idealist sees the world as it should be, a realist sees the world as it is, and a pessimist sees both.