Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"You've told me, more than once, that being an empath isn't perfect. If it was, you would never wonder what was feeling." The ex-Weapon's response was slow and quiet, and her grip didn't leave the chronokinetic the option of getting up. "Any bias in how you view the outside world is going to be magnified by an order of magnitude when you have to view yourself."

"I don't have the option to see how you think, but I think it is important to remind you that you have Tali. Who you are most likely missing quite a lot."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"I could call Tali. Or she could call me - if we wanted. Haven't heard from her, so I guess we don't." He felt tired all of a sudden. Not physically - Dallas' bed had never seen much use outside of with another Ultimate, and his sleep schedule could best be described as Bruce Wayne on bath salts - but a more emotional weariness. It settled in alongside a light blue filter that had started to seep into the countertop, the walls, even his and Bekah's black jeans. "It's possible. But so is a Phalanx hit squad shimmering to life from the bathroom to finish the job. Or winning Who Wants to be a Millionaire. If you'd asked me when I was fourteen how my life would end up by the time I was old enough to drink..."

The brevet leader of the Ultimates sank back into Rebekah's hug, surly, and kicked his feet up on the counter in an attempt to gain back some irreverence points.

"...I dunno. I wasn't built for sappy . How I feel's how I feel, you can do with it what you want. No point in making a soft, weepy moron of myself."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Wrong." Her grip tightened, chin entrenching itself between his shoulder and head resolutely. Rebekah wasn't gifted with the ability to see exactly how the people around her felt, but she had never been anything but perceptive. "You've discouraged yourself from sappiness. From any displays of emotion that aren't anger or irreverence.It has nothing to do with how you were built, and everything to do with what you've experienced."

"And your chosen comparisons speak volumes." She paused, just for a moment. "You don't think you're mixing the two up."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Pull what? Who says I can't? I can pull whatever I want to pull."

Dallas looked to his left, with the best approximation of the dark-haired woman's usual glare that he had ever mustered.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

And was met, at the very edge of his peripheral vision, with the genuine article; complete with heterochromatic eyes and a faint, unearthly glow. The former Weapon glared back, entirely unconcerned by the chronokinetic's expression. "Don't be petulant. You know what."

"You don't get to lay all of that out, act like you were a puppy that I kicked when I expressed doubt, continue to pout and be surly to this very moment, and then tell me not to worry about it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I did no such thing." The faint irritation in her voice was a stark contrast to the continued tightening of her grip. Her eyes narrowed slightly,almost seeming a little brighter, before she continued; "I expressed rational and reasonable doubt. Because you are not a rational person. In fact, you are stubbornly irrational and impulsive. Both being traits that land you in trouble rather often."

"I express doubt because I want you to be happy, regardless of what you think is or isn't a good idea."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Okay...you've never considered a career in air traffic control, have you babe?" Despite his pouty glare never leaving his face, Dallas' hand moved to Bekah's wrist and gave it a squeeze. "I think it might be the first thing you're not good at. All the mixed signals would totally tank your performance review."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"There's nothing mixed about them. My priority is that you are safe and happy." The ex-Weapon's glare intensified. "Everything I have said is to that end. They are, within that viewpoint, completely consistent and follow a logical progression."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"..You could really stand to make things clearer. Maybe use contractions now and again. Maybe don't sound like Cleverbot when you're telling someone you love them. It might make me act marginally more mature."

Dallas' acting glare split into a cheerful grin - which looked somewhat less bipolar than it sounds.

"If you get lucky."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Really? You'd swear it would be like History 110 for Weapon-X personnel..." Dallas' face grew more relaxed and he finally took his legs off the countertop, like a civilized human being. "Let's give this another try, I love you, Bekah."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"..." Rebekah's attentiveness visibly heightened at the words "ice cream", and she paused before responding to contemplate the question. Weighing the pros and cons. Deciding on what the best course of action would be. Then giving an understated nod. "I could eat more ice cream."

fK5oqYf.jpg