Vector Udd Symbol

UltraHau

My first topic in this sub-forum :) Anyway, I made my own version of the UDD symbol in Inkscape a while ago, and I just posted it on Brickshelf. Comments, criticism, and suggestions are welcome ^_^ PNG versionOriginal SVG Both versions are the same, but some people might prefer to use the SVG image, since it's vector. I license both works under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, so if you haven't read it, here's a quick overview:

• [*]You can charge money for my image[*]You can redistribute my image[*]You can modify my image, and redistribute your derivative image, as long as you license your derivative under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, as well[*]You cannot claim copyright of my image[*]You cannot re-license my image under a different license[*]If you use the image, you must give credit to its original author - that being me :)

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I might sound a little critical here, but I apologise in advance if you get offended :) The picture's not bad. It's not mind-blowingly amazing or anything but it doesn't suck either. It's a very modest looking picture, which is nice. Some little things are that the arch thingies shouldn't be as moonlike as you made it, but shaped more like a number three. And I think the picture should be a little bit wider. Adding some gradients to the picture might give it a little more depth. That said, I am an Inkscape user, and I can say that inkscape is not the most straightforward program. Don't be put down though; this is much better than my early works with the program. Practise makes perfect! KUTGW!

Majhost sucks

No, I'm not offended at all - this was one of my first attempts drawing at Inkscape, with an integrated mouse, no less :) I intentionally kept the picture clean; that way, it can easily be modified and integrated into other images (like my avatar). Also, keeping the image clean made it easier to draw :biggrin: I also agree with you on the arches: They look a little weird, especially the lower half, due to the tools I used to make them (this image is from a while ago; I've found better method now).

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Didnt think you could copywrite the UDD symbol... but any wayIt is very well done, i can kinda see how you did ti. But as said above, there should be more 3 shaped arcs.Its been seen as the symbol of bionicle, so obviously its not completely new, but then i also like how you did it

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Didnt think you could copywrite the UDD symbol... but any wayIt is very well done, i can kinda see how you did ti. But as said above, there should be more 3 shaped arcs.Its been seen as the symbol of bionicle, so obviously its not completely new, but then i also like how you did it

Thanks for the feedback :) I didn't copyright the UDD symbol, I just copyrighted my drawing. In fact, the instant you put something online, it automatically becomes copyrighted as per copyright law; I just made my drawing under different license than a hard copyright. Again, I agree that the arches are a little off - this was one of my first attempts a year or so with Inkscape - so maybe I can make a better version some time. P.S: No, I am not a lawyer ^_^

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Simple, but it could be better. For one, it looks squished, and the nebulae don't really look like they should.

Hmm... squished? I'm not so sure about that - check the SVG version; the PNG version may have been squished a bit. I agree the "bendy things on each edge" (for lack of a better name) don't look right, mainly because this was one of my first attempts with Inkscape, and I didn't use the right technique - I've learned many new (and suitable) techniques since then (around a year or so ago).

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png