Bionicle On Tv

Alyska

I don't know if an anime style would work well, simply because I feel the technical intricacy of BIONICLE character designs might not work as well with an anime style as more organic human characters. Now, I understand that mecha is a very, very significant anime genre, and I haven't seen many shows of that genre so I'm no authority on the subject. But I believe to get biomechanical characters like the Toa to have intricate technical detail, you'd need to use some CGI-based animation, or else they would seem too artificial and impersonal.The CGI character designs, I think, should be something like the style of the first three BIONICLE movies, but less heavily stylized in some respects. The style of TLR probably wouldn't work just because BIONICLE set designs changed so dramatically over the years. And since BIONICLE so frequently has older characters return to the story even when they don't have new set designs, a set-based style would lead to awkward scenes where incompatible set designs are supposed to be understood as equivalent to one another.The animators of the Hero Factory TV episodes would probably have the talent to create a style that works. Even though the Hero Factory episodes remain very close to set designs in many respects, they have more stylization than BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn, especially visible with side characters like Daniella Capricorn, Akiyama Makuro, or Nathaniel Zib.From a storytelling perspective, I think the BIONICLE story would necessitate a heavily backstory-dependent style like the second and third seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender. A more episodic mission-by-mission story like the Hero Factory episodes simply wouldn't have the depth that makes BIONICLE so enjoyable.As for what stories should be told, realistically I'd want to see the story told from the very beginning: the arrival of the Toa Mata on the island of Mata Nui. That's the way I feel it would be most enjoyable, since that's how it was originally meant to be told. This is not a realistic plan by any means because it has no way of promoting current sets (if we were to assume that there were, in fact, sets still out to promote). But I think it would have the greatest authenticity to the reasons I loved BIONICLE: the lingering mysteries that were gradually resolved until we eventually discovered the truth to be far unlike anything we could have guessed from the outset.

Hand drawn animation without any computer editing. It would give show a different feeling then the CGI that dominates the industry.I don't want Bionicle to head into the uncanny valley...

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Hand drawn animation without any computer editing. It would give show a different feeling then the CGI that dominates the industry.I don't want Bionicle to head into the uncanny valley...

The characters are mostly-robotic in design. Uncanny valley doesn't apply for the most part unless you're dealing with characters who are human or otherwise very human-like.Besides, the movies were all CGI. Weren't they OK stylistically?