Is Hero Factory starting a new continuity?

ToaJaller77

Haven't watched it, can't give comments. Which country are you in?

I think HF was already hinting at extended plot lines from breakout onwards... Brain Attack had that unrevealed villain at the end, so yeah, might be the same bad guy. Hopefully, so, I won't like so many bad masterminds to be revealed one after another. I think these recent events (after savage planet) have been planned by a single mastermind...

Do we need a HF Storyline section for this? I don't think this fits inside set discussion... :X

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

Regardless of your opinions on the Invasion from Below episode, there's no reason why it wouldn't fit within the already-established continuity. It features the same characters, in the same universe, and hasn't done anything to retcon the events of the previous episodes. Sure, some of the characterization might be different, but that's something Hero Factory has struggled with from the get-go; it's in no way indicative of a brand-new continuity.

And if you want to stop watching the episodes, that's your prerogative. It shouldn't matter whether they're "canon" or not. If you don't like them, or feel like it's a chore to watch them, don't feel the need to put yourself through that. Personally, I haven't watched the past two episodes; not necessarily because I can't stand them (they're mediocre at worst), but because I haven't been in the mood to do so and can understand the relatively simple story without them.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Even the characterization in "Invasion from Below" seems largely consistent with the characterization in "Brain Attack" and "Breakout". The only meaningful changes are the visual style and the voices. I see no reason to think this is the start of a new continuity.

This also probably belongs in Media Discussion, since it's about the media rather than the sets.

No, I don't think it is. The style has changed, the story consistency is not. (Although at this point, the mystery and unresolved plot points are handled as badly as the rest of the story, so it's hard to label it a "continuity" to begin with, but whatever.)

Edited by fishers64

I just watched it yesterday! :D

Overall the film was quite entertaining, and its nice to see Breeze using her 'tree-hugger' skills again.

And the good points end there, haha.

Heroes get very little development with this episode (Brain Attack even had a little, maybe with Surge?), almost no difference in personality (the voice actors bearly showed any of their characters).Sets get very limited show time (especially the Wave 1 sets; Evo Walker lasted for a good 10 seconds?)

Anyway on topic, this episode had the same amount of continuity as Wave 1 and Savage Planet: the mission ended and thats it; Breakout and Brain Attack acutally left mroe room for continuity: who was behind them, especially the Brains? Will that ever get solved?

Hope so.

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos