The Elusive Robot #3

Ok, just a quick question: Was there another robot somewhere on Bara Magna? Because (correct me if I'm wrong), wasn't the final step in The Reforming for Mata Nui to leave the MU Robot and inhabit another one, and Makuta and him would reform the planet? Or did the GB's expect Mata Nui to get the Prototype working again?

Edited by Aho

He might have been able to do it on his own, or he might have used the prototype. We don't know. The Great Spirit Robot was probably powerful enough to do to job by itself, but having two doing the work probably would have made for a more exact and controlled Reformation.

This never seems to get pinned down exactly. I keep hearing sources that the Mata Nui robot could do it himself, and keep hearing sources that it couldn't. I think the Greg sources say that Mata Nui could not do it himself, but I would have to look it up again.

He might have been able to do it on his own, or he might have used the prototype. We don't know. The Great Spirit Robot was probably powerful enough to do to job by itself, but having two doing the work probably would have made for a more exact and controlled Reformation.

This never seems to get pinned down exactly. I keep hearing sources that the Mata Nui robot could do it himself, and keep hearing sources that it couldn't. I think the Greg sources say that Mata Nui could not do it himself, but I would have to look it up again.

Yeah, I've heard conflicting reports in the past as well… still dunno who to trust on this one :P

I remember somebody said recently that there was evidence in the part of the story where Mata Nui was going for the prototype robot's power source that the Great Beings had intended him to go there.

Assuming that's right, it seems to me that some event happened to make it not feasible to make the third robot and at that point is probably when they took steps to ensure that the prototype would suffice. Probably the Shattering itself was the event, especially if energized protodermis was key in the construction. The Shattering was basically the explosion of all the remaining EP that wasn't placed in the Mata Nui robot, so if they needed more to make the third, that would explain why they didn't.

But all we know for sure is that they didn't make the third.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yeah, I've heard conflicting reports in the past as well… still dunno who to trust on this one :P

Okay, here's a Greg quote:

4. Is the Mata Nui Robot capable of repairing Spherus Magna, like grabbing the three pieces of the broken planet and then fusing them together again?

4) I would say not on its own, no

Now I need to check to make sure it wasn't retconned later, but as far as I know, that's correct. :)

1) Does the Prototype Robot have the same amount of power as the Mata Nui robot?

1b) If not, is that the reason Mata Nui and Makuta had to work together? Because the Prototype/Finished robot alone could not bring Spherus Magna back together?

1) No

1b) Neither one has enough power on its own

Make that two. :P

Nope, can't find anything that contradicts this, so there you go.

Edited by fishers64