TRU Kanohi Mask Holder from 2001

Reya

Hey, I was wondering if someone who owns/owned this could tell me a little about this product. Were the pockets big enough for the masks? Did the entire set fit in the holder without problem? Does it protect the masks sufficiently? I know their are 73 flaps but just want to know a little bit more about it before possibly buying it.

All feedback is appreciated. Thanks. :)

The pockets are big enough for the masks, but it's a tight squeeze for the Akaku. The lenses stick out far enough that they will inevitably stretch out the pouch, if left in it long enough.

With all of the masks in place, the holder is kind of bulky and the profile of the Kanohi can be seen from the exposed top and bottom. I've had trouble with dust making it's way in through the openings, though it mostly settles on the pouches and not the masks. The masks aren't all going to be completely covered, though, so some dust can potentially get to them depending on how you store the case.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

The pockets are big enough for the masks, but it's a tight squeeze for the Akaku. The lenses stick out far enough that they will inevitably stretch out the pouch, if left in it long enough.

With all of the masks in place, the holder is kind of bulky and the profile of the Kanohi can be seen from the exposed top and bottom. I've had trouble with dust making it's way in through the openings, though it mostly settles on the pouches and not the masks. The masks aren't all going to be completely covered, though, so some dust can potentially get to them depending on how you store the case.

Does the holder fold over comfortably when all the masks are inside? Besides the Akaku, do the masks fit in comfortably or is there any noticeable strain on them?

I suppose it would depend on your definition of 'comfortably'. It closes fully and securely but in my experience it assumes a sort of lumpy shape that might be awkward if you are planning to display the case. The rest of the masks fit in well enough, I believe, though there may be some minor straining on some of the wider ones like the Rau, I don't quite recall.

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

It's decent but a lot of my pockets have ripped trying to jam Mirus and Pakaris in there and some are bent at the top from the Akakus. The only masks that fit PERFECT are the noble masks and the Hau. Kaukau even has some problems , Kakama is too wide as well. However, I really like it and the canvas is an excellent material. I only wish that they spent a little more time sizing the pouches