I'm making my return to the forums, slowly but surely!

Welcome to a gallery of 4 MOC's that I have built last summer for the 2014 Bio-Cup! The Bio-Cup is an annual contest held on MOCpages and has, over the years, been one of the most famous Bionicle Building contests on that site.

This year, the main focus of all rounds was playability, and this encouraged through a very diverse range of categories, all thanks to the esteemed judges of the Bio-Cup.

Round 1

The theme for this eliminatory round was to build a sturdy figure, and give it a whole lot of cool accessories and weapons. My entry to this round was Valignor: Enchanter of Dark Lightning. It scored quite highly, and moved me on to the next round.

valignor_1.jpg

MOCpages topic for more about the character!

flickr topic for better quality pictures!

Round 2

The theme for this bracket round was to build a battle-action Rahi, a Rahi with cool action gimmicks and play features. For this round, I built a wasp-like creature called a Burrowing Ja-Rama. The entry won the round and moved me onto the next challenge.

burrowing_jarama_1.jpg

MOCpages topic for more about the character!

function video on flickr!

Round 3

This rather tricky semi-final round had multiple subcategories for the same theme; a titan with an arsenal of hidden weapons. Out of the three subcategories (humanoid, semi-humanoid, and Rahi) I got humanoid, and built a huge Taurian Battle Mech!

taurian_battle_mech_1.jpg

flickr album for more pics!

Final Round

For the final round, the challenge was to build a piloted vehicle that transformed into a Mech/hardsuit/power armor, and was divided into yet three subcategories: aerial vehicle, land vehicle, and water vehicle. My set category was aerial vehicle, for which I built a police helicopter robot piloted by none other than Preston Stormer's younger brother, Jason (headcanon :P)!

helix_enforcer_1.jpg

MOCpages for a better description of the character and his vehicle!

flickr for the full album!

Of course, from the topic tags, you could guess that the final MOC won me the contest!

I found out the results of the last round during my vacation with my family in Italy last week. I was very pleased with the result, seeing as I would not have been able to compete any more, and even though there had been three dropouts in the round (the land vehicle matchup contestants could not submit entries in time, and one of the water vehicle contestants had to resign), I was able to come out on top!

Overall, I'm immensely proud of the former two MOCs, and less so of the latter two. I've already revamped the Taurian Battle Mech. Expect to see pics some time soon. I should say that my photography over the contest has experienced a gradual improvement as well.

Well, I guess that's it for today! Hopefully come next weekend I'll be able to upload more creations. RIght now, though, I'm pretty busy at uni, seeing as I have also arrived 10 days into the academic year :/

Coming soon: my first set of Mixel MOC's (built in LDD!)

Edit: did I mention that you guys can leave C&C behind? Wouldn't hurt to know what people think really...
Adios, amigos!

Edit: I've fixed the sizes to fit the Forum Guidelines. Everything is now under 100 kb (although if I do remember correctly the maximum was 750 kb for all pics in total).

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Wow congratulations on winning the contest! You definitely deserve it with those 4 fantastic MOCs! They are unbelievably brilliant! 

My favorite has to be the Taurian Battle Mech, but all of them are just amazing MOCs!

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Wow congratulations on winning the contest! You definitely deserve it with those 4 fantastic MOCs! They are unbelievably brilliant! 

My favorite has to be the Taurian Battle Mech, but all of them are just amazing MOCs!

Thank you! I didn't really know what to expect from viewers, even though I personally like what I've built.

It seems to me, though, that viewers are rather "allergic" to my posts in general. People hardly leave any comments on my creations, which kinda disappoints me at times. I know that the forums have quite a few members, including myself, that offer helpful constructive criticism; however, hardly anyone ever says anything about my MOCs. I think people are just deterred by external links, though. That I cannot really help, because of the forum rules and stuff.

Again, thanks for your comment, and I do apologize for the rant!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)