Go On, Look At That Bzp Logo...

Phovos

1. Does BZP look Bionicle-y in your eyes? NO2. Do you think it looks Bionicle-y in a new-comer's eyes? Only if they read anything3. Do you think the current BZP banner/logo is lacking in something? Yes4. Would a design-a-logo-for-BZP contest be a good idea? Yes5. What about the current skin for BZP? Could that be more Bionicle-y? Give back Tohu!6. Is BZP lacking in Bionicle-ness in general? Only in terms of web design7. Should I shut up now? YES

aouROFb.png

1. Not really.2. Aesthetically? No. Content-wise? Definitely.3. Well, it's not super amazing but it doesn't really need to be. The forums function just the same whether or not they have a cool logo.4. No.5. I don't really see how a skin could be Bionicle-y without explicitly featuring Bionicle characters, and I'd personally rather not do that.6. Kind of, but is that a bad thing? Bionicle isn't current anymore, and I think we, as fans, are moving on. The changes in BZPower reflect that mindset and that's something I don't mind in the slightest.7. Probably. =Pfightysignature.png

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

1. Does BZP look Bionicle-y in your eyes?Yes.2. Do you think it looks Bionicle-y in a new-comer's eyes?Yes. Newcomers would go to the front page. The front page is still the same.3. Do you think the current BZP banner/logo is lacking in something?The forums one kind of doesn't have Hapori Tohu. I think that's kind of fitting, due to the fact that Tohu posted in first person when the forums came back I'm pretty sure he's not here right now.4. Would a design-a-logo-for-BZP contest be a good idea?No.5. What about the current skin for BZP? Could that be more Bionicle-y?It's fine.6. Is BZP lacking in Bionicle-ness in general?It has less of it, but I don't think it's exactly lacking.7. Should I shut up now?Sure, go ahead, if it makes you feel better.

button.png

1. Does BZP look Bionicle-y in your eyes?Right now? The forums? Not so much, but then again, a lot of other fan-unofficial forum sites I've been on are the same way. Usually the clues are put into the forum titles (ie: Bionicle _____ or Lego ______ or InsertHobby ______). The old format might seem more Bionicle-y because people have been associating it with "Bionicle" for the last nine or so years, and when someone continuously creates that type of association, even the most unrelated thing would become an icon for the hobby. However, there were the forum "Read/Not Read" markers that were Tohu heads, which likely attributed to the Bionicle atmosphere there. (Though, considering what they'd look like here, it wouldn't break the association and this version of the site would still feel "less Bionicle-y"). The front page is probably the most Bionicle-esque, what with the giant Tohu face and the "hidden" bohrok body pieces up in the blue, along with all the graphics. But the front page hasn't changed. (And is still accessible from here, so guests could click over to there and be "oooooohhhhhhh.")

I should mention that LEGO is extremely strict about websites having names that include their trademarks. They're concerned that if a website has "LEGO" or "BIONICLE" in the title, people might make the initial assumption that the site is officially affiliated with TLG, and thus that people might judge the company based on content TLG doesn't actually control. This is why most LEGO fansites and conventions tend to have "Brick" in the title rather than "LEGO". Not that this applies to BZPower, really, since the site would arguably lose more of its identity if it were to change the name it's had for so many years.

• 2 weeks later...

... Only the very front page, with the news.

As I imagine a newcomer would see the front page, yes... if they see only the forums, it would only be by inference.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure if bringing back Tohu would feel right.

:P *shot*

Yes and no. I have highly mixed feelings about those sorts of contests.

I don't know the skin itself even could be.

I would hope not, but I suppose it could happen/be happening/have happened. :|

Nope.

:P

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

1. Does BZP look Bionicle-y in your eyes?The forums? No, not at all. The front page looks more Bionicle.2. Do you think it looks Bionicle-y in a new-comer's eyes?Not the forums. They might get the idea if they saw the front page.3. Do you think the current BZP banner/logo is lacking in something?Hm... if it had a red Hau in it, people may get the idea better (or perhaps an Ignika for total newbies). The forums, well, it'll adopt the logo of the front page, most likely.4. Would a design-a-logo-for-BZP contest be a good idea?Perhaps, I don't know the first thing about making skins, but I know there are some people on here who do, and they may be able to convey a very Bionicle-y feeling to new members.5. What about the current skin for BZP? Could that be more Bionicle-y?Yes, I think so, that skin contest mentioned above could help there.6. Is BZP lacking in Bionicle-ness in general?Not really, there are plenty of Bionicle forums to go around. Another way to look at it is this; I myself rarely talk about the actual Toy line anymore. Maybe that's just me, I could just not be looking in the right places, or I could be losing interest. But, I do think there could be more Bionicle to BionicleZonePower.7. Should I shut up now?No no, continue, Mr. Phovos.-Skar