Incorrect Building

Boidoh

I just now found out that Nocturn's lower arms were not supposed to swing loosely left - right and right - left, instead is supposed to be attached to the thing that connects his two body pieces together.

Lolwut where did you have his arms connected?

I haven't had any of the sets I've purchased in the past 6 years built incorrectly at all. However, I used to have Hewkii and Thok's upper leg armor the same as their allies, despite them shown being flipped in the instructions and images. Before 2006, I used to have the sets built correctly, even the Toa Metru with the body designs, and somehow I built them correctly only at 5 and a half years of age, though I had slight help from my brother and sister but I still managed it mostly by myself. :)

I'm pretty sure the instructions are the only place where the leg armor is flipped. All the promotional pictures have them the same as their allies.

Huh, they do so. I wonder what the reasoning is behind this idea of having one Toa and one Piraka's upper leg armor be switched around? 

I'm going to leave them how the instructions show them to be built though.

I think it's a error in the instructions. I imagine they make the instructions with a program similar to LDD with the renders of pieces, and they had them backwards when they inserted them.

I just now found out that Nocturn's lower arms were not supposed to swing loosely left - right and right - left, instead is supposed to be attached to the thing that connects his two body pieces together.

I haven't had any of the sets I've purchased in the past 6 years built incorrectly at all. However, I used to have Hewkii and Thok's upper leg armor the same as their allies, despite them shown being flipped in the instructions and images. Before 2006, I used to have the sets built correctly, even the Toa Metru with the body designs, and somehow I built them correctly only at 5 and a half years of age, though I had slight help from my brother and sister but I still managed it mostly by myself. :)

I'm pretty sure the instructions are the only place where the leg armor is flipped. All the promotional pictures have them the same as their allies.

Huh, they do so. I wonder what the reasoning is behind this idea of having one Toa and one Piraka's upper leg armor be switched around? 

I'm going to leave them how the instructions show them to be built though.

I think it's a error in the instructions. I imagine they make the instructions with a program similar to LDD with the renders of pieces, and they had them backwards when they inserted them.

I'm still going to keep them that way because it differentiates them from the others, and also because they're in their canisters, so I'm not too bothered to pull them out just for the sake of switching armor pieces around. 

It does suck that some instructions do have errors in them. Because of that, we get the set wrong in some way.

I got all six Turaga on eBay a while ago, and they arrived assembled. I've had them on display ever since, and about five minutes ago, I realized that every single one except for Nuju was build incorrectly...Whenua's neck and Nokama's arms were the biggest offenders, and all of them held their staff in the wrong hand.

Whenua looks a lot better hunched.

IetTsFQ.png

Well, on instruction #4, it says to put that one weird piece facing upwards, but I had it downwards, making his arms move back and forward.

I think that when I was building Toa Metrus, they didn't have right heights. I have built 1 or 2 and then did them without instructions.

Another problem was that I disassembled all bionicles and messed all parts in one pile of parts. Do you know that part of Vahki which let you move both hands with wheel on it's back? There are small yellow/orange pieces, which allows is to rotate. Well, mine 7-year-old version includes blue ones. :D

Edited by Nik333

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic