Most Overrated And Underrated Bands

pls respond

Not to insult but the "They all sound the same" are the words of someone who's never actually given them a good listen.

i have. breaking the habit is a totally dull song that has no notable climax and sounds the same through the whole thing.their more recent songs sound different, sure, but still bad. numb is a poor example because it is an older song of theirs that sounds like MANY of their other songs.there's so, so many bands out there that deserve mention, but slipped through the cracks and never became big. linkin park is sitting under the spotlight in the seat that belongs to those bands. linkin park is a weak, boring band that writes songs that either sound the same as something they've done before, or is new but very bland/annoying.
There are lots of songs that sound the same and have no notable climax. Many of them by many of the bands who you would say "Deserve" what Linkin Park has.How is Numb a poor example, and how is every song of theirs bad (as you seem to be saying)? I've listened to a lot of Linkin Park, and while yes, they do have some bad/bland songs, i must argue that not every song is such. That's what i mean when i say that you've never given them a good listen. If you had, you'd have something better to comment with than the same hate i've seen repeated over and over again.Then again, music is made to make you relate to something. be it an event or Feeling. Maybe i'm biased, because I relate. For instance, some people relate to heavy metal and thus, like it. I for one do not, and refuse to listen to heavy Metal. Not that I have anything against the Genre or particular bands, i just don't like the brand of music. Because I can't relate.The only thing that i'm going to say is that, just like in real life, no one "deserves" anything. People get what they work for, and while yes, less popular bands may be overshadowed by the popular ones, saying that Linkin Park doesn't deserve what they got is like saying someone doesn't deserve their paycheck.They did the work. They caught a lucky break. Whether or not they deserved it in your eyes is irrelevant, because they've worked to keep what they earned.

(Sides with a name like Floater wouldn't you... well expect bad music?) :P

If you think the name implies bad music, you should see the album covers (their latest album has a picture of a jellyfish on it).You can find their music on Grooveshark.
I was replying to BBCCD's comment about how he was disappointed that "The Killers" weren't heavy metal. And that the name of a band should reflect their music.Through that logic, the name "floater" would, in some dictionaries, imply Bad Music.I for one don't care what a Band is called. It doesn't, and shouldn't, affect your expectations of music.I'm sure Floater is a good band, with good music. I wasn't saying they weren't.

Yeah, the Linkin Park hate is overrated. =<

I agree Valenti, considering many of the people hating on it (as said above) have listened to maybe one or two songs of theirs and formulating an opinion from there. While not neccessarily bad, what bothers me is when people immediatly condemn an entire genre or band simply because they don't like one song. If people actually gave more bands a chance, i'm sure most people could find at least one song by every band they listened to.Example of this being the fact that I can't stand Rap music. And yet I listen to Lupe Fiasco and Tinie Tempah. Why? Because while I hate rap in general, they're to rappers who actually write songs that A: i can relate to (it's all about relation with me) and B: sound good, aren't filled with curses, and actually have a bit of a message.
i love when linkin park fans think i've only listened to 2 songs by them and therefore believe i have no say in whether or not they're bad, as if it's completely impossible for someone to not like them after hearing a large number of their songs.
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I can't keep an open mind about music that has almost no variety, be it in themes or musical composition, and has not evolved much. In fact, we can all agree that it has devolved.

listen, i don't listen to any groups with female vocals, but you don't see me saying that there aren't any girls who can sing.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

i love when linkin park fans think i've only listened to 2 songs by them and therefore believe i have no say in whether or not they're bad, as if it's completely impossible for someone to not like them after hearing a large number of their songs.

Look at my post. Now back to yours.Now back at my post.Now back to yours.I suggest you re-read what i posted a few times. I never said it was impossible to dislike Linkin Park. For gods sake, after their newest album, I don't like them. But the only reason i even bothered defending the band is because, as i said numerous times i can't stand needless hate.Dislike them all you want.Dislike anything all you want. I can't stop you and I won't try to. But what I will try to stop, is unneccessary hate.Because in my experience, you can say you don't like something and no one will attack/defend for it.But the moment you hate on something, then you get replies.And besides, I'm not saying for fact that you only listened to two songs. But the way you posted made it sound like you had. And i'm not saying that you have no say in whether or not they're bad In your opinon, what i'm saying is that i refuse to let a whole shwack o' unneccessary hate go without a fight.Like i said numerous times; Dislike them, don't hate on them.Besides, i was perfectly willing to ignore your post in it's entirety up until i read "There are so many bands that deserve what Linkin Park has, and it's LP's fault they don't have popularity, and LP doesn't deserve what they have"Paraphrasing of course, but that was what i got from it in general.-Hawkeye

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

I can't keep an open mind about music that has almost no variety, be it in themes or musical composition, and has not evolved much. In fact, we can all agree that it has devolved.

go listen to rapper's delightand then go listen to runaway by kanye westtell me that was devolution
nhsYE.jpg

Linkin Park was good. Then A Thousand Suns came around. What a buzzkill that was. :P I can only sympathize with haters on the most recent album, because the first three Linkin Park albums were awesome. Especially the first two. Not interested in arguing. That's my opinion. It's that simple.But back on topic, as far as underrated and overrated goes, Imma have to count The Gaslight Anthem as perhaps the most underrated band in existence. Because, quite frankly, it's one of the/the greatest band to have ever existed, and the fact that it's known to essentially New Jersey residents and them exclusively save a sparse few others like myself is a major disappointment. They need more love. Why aren't you listening to them right now? :POverrated? Uh, Eminem, Metallica, a lot (but certainly not all) of the modern pop artists. No real offense to any of the guys, but I too frequently find their quality isn't exactly comparable to their popularity. Meh. I'm a rock fan. :P

exo-toa_battle.jpg

most of eminem's recent popularity comes from recovery, which is half love songs and sucking up. i think he indirectly hit the wrong target audience when he tried to vent those feelings, the teenage girl audience, which naturally skyrocketed his recent sales. god knows if one teenage girl likes it, the rest will follow. note how he's back to lyrics about killing and screwing in his post-recovery songs.i've also wanted to throw foster the people's name out as an underrated group. pumped up kicks got all the MTV coverage but there's still a foster the people fanbase who's screaming 'they have other songs'. compare pumped up kicks 50 million views to don't stops 600,000.

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

...Am I the only one who thinks Linkin Park is kind of getting better? :P Sure, their latest album was really only half an album, only half of which was actually passable, but the good songs that were there -- "Burning in the Skies", "Iridescent", and "Waiting for the End", to name my personal favorites -- were epic."Don't Stop" by Foster the People is pretty good, yeah, but it's nothing too special.In regards to rap: There's bad rap, there's good rap, and then there's rap in between. Rap is made to play to a rhythm. Okay, the lyrics aren't always the best, but neither are pop songs' lyrics (for example, the aforementioned "Don't Stop"). Actually, Linkin Park's older songs included a lot of rap that was pretty darn good. "Kick Push" by Lupe Fiasco and "Heard 'Em Say" by Kanye West are two of my favorite rap songs.I think a problem with having genres is that people begin to assume most of the music within a genre is the same. Stereotypes are unfortunately common, and what's more, they're easy to formulate. Not only that, sometimes good bands or artists don't get the publicity they deserve, so it's hard to find good music in a certain genre with all the popular but not-as-good songs out there.

...Am I the only one who thinks Linkin Park is kind of getting better? :P

Nope. :PA Thousand Suns has grown on me a lot. It's not my favorite, but I definitely rank it above Minutes to Midnight.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Zepplin is one of the most overrated bands ever.I have no underrated except some of my personal favs.

Zepplin? Really?And "most overrated ever" is a big overstatement for the band known as Led Zeppelin, considering that they actually are a very good band. Somewhat overrated, sure. Most overrated ever, no.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• 3 months later...

Looks like I got here right in the middle of a big 'ole de-bate... Oh, and by the way, you all should be honored to witness my first post in over a year.----But first off - Overrated bands:-Linkin Park. I love 'em, but they’re hardly the same caliber as many other bands that reach this level of success, especially after their last album.-The Beatles. A very good band. Not at all the gods of music that many people say they are, though. I have to deal with said people all the time...-Guns N’ Roses. Wildly popular band, despite Axl’s irritating howls. I will give them props for Appetite for Destruction, though.-Coldplay. I was psyched when I got 3 of their albums recently, but after a few minutes I realized why I’ve only heard 2 of their songs get airplay.Underrated Bands:- Yes- Pink Floyd- Led Zeppelin- Megadeth- Devo^ All were very popular back in the day, but today, the odds are that an average _<25 year old person won’t recognize at least 3 of them.- Dokken- Giant- Chickenfoot- .38 Special- Talking Heads^ These are all great bands too, but from what I know, none of them have gotten much credit, ever. Very sad.

He's not saying that your opinion is wrong, but you state your opinion in a way that suggests that you haven't listened to more than a couple of their songs.

Zepplin is one of the most overrated bands ever.

They used to be, maybe, but when was the last time you were walking down the street and you heard them being played on the radio? Stairway excluded, of course.Dead Topic Revival... Sorry, my bad. Edited by Achilles
kopaka_mata_banner.png
^ Credit goes to: Matoro Inika: Toa of Ice ^

An idealist sees the world as it should be, a realist sees the world as it is, and a pessimist sees both.