Baby fire villager!

Toa Jaton

Because these ones sent even smart enough to give themselves names!

Just because every minor character in the new story doesn't get named doesn't mean that they don't HAVE individual names in-universe. It's a storytelling device, not a cultural trait.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

In MNOG, a good 85% of the Matoran you encountered went unnamed. I guess they were also too stupid to name themselves, and thus also should have been eaten by Muaka.

Not to mention more than 90% of the Matoran in the BIONICLE movies. There were hundreds if not thousands of unnamed Matoran in those, and usually less than ten named ones.

It's a ridiculous excuse to hate the story or the character, but for people who want to hate every single thing about BIONICLE G2 at all costs, no excuse is too ridiculous.

Actually, if you go to biosector01, you will see many (mostly ga-matoran) were given names.

That was in Mata Nui Online Game II, which came out two years later. The original Mata Nui Online Game had no names for any of the Matoran except Takua and the Turaga's right- and left-hand Matoran. There were literally only thirteen named Matoran in the entire game. Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 4

Because these ones sent even smart enough to give themselves names!

You do realize we have around five minutes of content to work off of. Only 3 vids have been released. We know almost nothing story-wise. There's really no room to make assumptions of the villagers who have had, what, maybe a couple MINUTES of development?

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

Jala, huki, maku, takua, matoro and others were named from day one.

One point to make here is that it was easier to name villagers in 2001 because they were stealing names from the Maori language. From what I've heard, since that happened there's much more complicated process to clear legal in order to name a character.

Additionally, so far there's been no need to name them. We haven't gotten a game like MNOG that focuses on the villagers; so far, every piece of media has been focused on the Toa.

I would love to see at least the Protectors named if they start to play an important role in story. I don't think it's necessary that that name grace their box, but it would be nice to have names for them if they're actual characters. But for now, with all the focus on the Toa, there just hasn't been reason to.

• Upvote 5

I've spoken to a friend of mine who makes plush toys. Perhaps soon the Two-kua plushie will exist...

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

• 1 month later...

The baby fire villager is indeed so cute! His eyes are big and he is the smallest compared to the other villagers. Perhaps we could call him (G2) Takua because I miss that guy. I wonder if we would get to see more of him from the other Protectors.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Perhaps we could call him (G2) Takua because I miss that guy.

That's why we're referring to him as Two-kua in this thread: generation Two's Takua.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...