The Adventures of Sumiki's Dad 3: Yo Yo Piraka

Sumiki

I didn't imagine that Umbra would be taken out by an uncontrollable, dishwasher-filled bus. :P

I would love to see Vezon's reaction if Team Farm Animals drove that bus into the Chamber of Life to get the Ignika. Then again, Vezon just meeting Sumiki's Dad will probably be just as hilarious. :P

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

CHAPTER EIGHT

the finale

-----After snacking on the toast, Team Farm Animals continued the descent.

-----"We should be there soon," Brickeens said.

-----Presently they arrived at the bottom. A large cavern opened up before them.

-----"That's Vezon, I guess," Avohkah Tamer said. "Let's see what we can do."

-----The distant Skakdi noticed them and began dancing around on top of Fenrakk as Team Farm Animals slowly approached him. The mask pedestal loomed behind the last mask guardian, although it was unclear whether or not the Ignika was actually at the top.

-----"Visitors!" Vezon announced. "Welcome to our little … area. I was thinking of putting in a ball pit."

-----"Don't," Avohkah Tamer said brusquely. "Just … don't. Don't."

-----"He has his reasons," Takuma said.

-----Vezon looked surprised. "So I know his story, but not his name."

-----Xaeraz responded with the dance.

-----Presently the Skakdi pulled out a contraption.

-----"What is that?" Sumiki asked.

-----"Oh, this old thing?" Vezon replied, tossing it in the air. "It's Dorito Dust™."

-----"And just how does one make Dorito Dust™?" Xaeraz inquired.

-----"You see, you crush up some Doritos, put 'em in a tennis ball, put rocks in it—that's very important—and you get Dorito Dust™," Vezon said. "Sniffing it helps clear your sinuses."

-----"Looks like it'd make for a wonderful salad dressing," Sumiki's Dad said.

-----Vezon nodded. "Ah yes, that's certainly true too. Though most establishments don't let you near a salad bar if you're riding a gigantic spider. Something about 'sanitation' and 'company policy' and 'abominations.' I'm like, y'know, hey, not my fault you guys aren't letting me eat healthy."

-----"Have you tried selling the idea?" Valendale asked. "It's gross enough that I think Wal-Mart might just purchase the rights."

-----"Try getting cell phone reception down here. It's even worse than it is up top …"

-----As Vezon rambled on, Pablo snuck past Fenrakk and towards the mask pedestal. The Ignika, of course, was still attached to the back of Vezon's head, so that was right out. It wasn't like Pablo wanted to become a permanent fixture in Vezon's hairdo or anything.

-----"I think the Domino's guy hates me for putting him through all those steps," Vezon continued. "I tip him as best I can, but it's not easy to find something worthwhile. Plus the pizzas are always cold, and dipping them in lava just ruins the cheese."

-----Pablo looked back at Vezon and noticed something on his staff. He pulled out his Binocular Kazoo and zoomed in. It said "Nernst Industries"

-----"Nernst …" Pablo breathed.

-----He snuck back to the rest of Team Farm Animals and whispered what he'd found in Sumiki's ear.

-----"We need to get at that staff," Sumiki said. "Can we distract him?"

-----"Horse head masks?"

-----"… nah, this is Vezon. That's probably normal for him."

-----"This is true."

-----They all listened to Vezon ramble for a while.

-----"I think this is a job for your dad," Portalfig whispered.

-----"I agree," Sumiki said. He walked over to Sumiki's Dad. "His weapon is from Nernst."

-----Sumiki's Dad's eyes widened. "How did he get it?"

-----"I don't know."

-----"Hey! Eyes over here, guys," Vezon said. "I was just about to tell a ribald story about a Ziploc bag."

-----"… Ziploc?" Avohkah Tamer asked.

-----"Yes indeed. Y'see, I was trying to play some CDs on my Chia Pet the other week, and all of the sudden there's this giant Ziploc bag that just floats in out of nowhere and runs right into my spear. 'Course, this being a Spear of Fusion, what does it do but WHAM—fuses right into this thing."

-----It dawned on Team Farm Animals that this was the reason for the Nernst Industries logo.

-----"Could I, uh … see the staff for a minute?" Brickeens asked.

-----Pablo, Sumiki, and Takuma stepped forward, grinning. Xaeraz slapped all three of them simultaneously.

-----"Oh, definitely not," Vezon said.

-----"Is there nothing we can get you?" Pablo asked. "We'll give it right back."

-----Vezon looked concerned. "What do you want it for?"

-----Everyone looked at each other, eventually setting on Avohkah Tamer. "I, uh … need it to complete my cosplay. It'll only take a minute."

-----Vezon paused to consider. "Alright, but on one condition. You've got to bring me some pizza later. I'm starving."

-----"All 777 steps?" Portalfig exclaimed.

-----"It'll give you time to count 'em," Sumiki replied, winking.

-----Vezon bent down and handed the spear to Avohkah Tamer, who spiked it into the ground. An envelope of light engulfed Team Farm Animals, sending them spinning across dimensions.

-----The Skakdi picked up the spear and looked at it as a slow grin spread across his face. Switching the mode to "split," he jammed it between him and the Fenrakk he was fused to, spinning himself out of the cavern.

-----The Fenrakk looked at the Ignika, which was left slowly spinning on the ground.

-----Team Farm Animals awoke back at BrickFair. Judging from the sheer noise, it was clear they had arrived during the public hours.

-----"Sumiki!" Luroka yelled. "You're just in time!"

-----"For what?" Sumiki asked, still dazed.

-----Luroka picked up a massive collection of hats. "HATPIIIIIIIIIIIIILE!"

Sumiki's Dad will return in:

The Adventures of Sumiki's Dad:
The Final Chapter

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

And so ends another tale for Team Farm Animals. I like the callbacks from the previous series. And the showdown with Vezon went as well as it could. (Thank you for not making him too insane. :) )

I was expecting the team to arrive in Mahri Nui after this, but now I can only speculate as to where this all ends. 

• Upvote 3

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png