Jafar and the Genie

Just messing around in LDD and listening to the Aladdin Broadway soundtrack today and made these three.

aladdin.png

For some reason LDD doesn't let me adjust how far their heads go down, so that's the best you'll get.

For left to right, we've got Jafar, Genie walking and Genie "ZIP-ZAP-ZOW"ing.

Think of my genie as the Broadway-Iglehart genie, but not suspiciously Boohbah-shaped.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

This are a nice homage. Are you referencing the Disney version with Robin Wiliams? If so may I ask why you didn't use the Extended Edition's Color painting option to change Genie's head Blue to match the rest of him?

Also the reason the heads are positioned up the neck is because you used an extra neck item in the form of their robes. This effect allows you to change out said item for thicker pieces without having to directly remove the normal head piece. The hat on the other hand is a different story as some hat pieces will block the use of some neck pieces such as certain armor. This is also why you cannot add both armor and a cape to mini-figures even though several actual set such as Cragger and Lavel in Chima do this very thing. It is an error in the code. If you remove the cloaks you will notice the LDD will allow you to lower the head. However you then may not be allowed to replace the robes. Due to the head being completely down.

I have had to choose between either Armor or a cloak in some of my LDD MOCs. Instead leaving one or the other off the set entirely or merely place it next to the wearer if possible.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf
  • Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Nice idea with the genie out of the bottle piece choices. :)

About the necks, you might be able to cheat (depends on how the cape pieces work, unsure) to get the heads lower. Try putting a vertical lightsaber blade piece nearby (or some such thing), and attaching something like a wrench piece to it (something gripping the cylinder). Then select both a head and the gripping piece, and slide the gripping piece down on the bar. That will give you more precision control (normally). I've used this to move heads closer to torsos before, but not that I recall with those specific pieces.

If that doesn't work, you can always somewhat hide the issue by changing the angle of your printscreens to look down on the characters a little so the gap is less obvious. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yeah that could work Bones, though I think what could happen is he head piece would fade out meaning it can't be placed in that spot. It is weird how LDD works. unless I am missing something certain sliding and flush parts wont connect in the LDD because they don't actually connect. A good example would be the Ball parts. They can sit on an empty space in the LDD but try and put them on a flat piece or a studded one and no go. Another good example is the sliding function of the Saber Tiger truck that comes with the Phoenix fire temple. I had to replace the flat 1x8 piece with a studded one so that when I moved the Model that section would not get left behind.

Anyway... Ben,

I did not know that about the Broadway show, or the actual Lego release(?).

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

The genie from LEGO Minifigures isn't the genie from Aladdin, but rather a generic djinn.

As for the Broadway show... from what I've seen, it's AWESOME! It's got all the songs from the original, new songs that were supposed to be in the movie but got cut for time, Jonathan Freeman reprising his role as Jafar, and it won a Tony for James Monroe Iglehart's performance as the Genie. It didn't receive too many great awards from critics, but critics, more often than not, can't see genius if it was standing in front of them singing it's little heart out.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I was curious since I might want to use that cape piece myself in the future -- yes, it helps, but it doesn't go all the way down, just about halfway between the default connection and the cape. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Really? It's the same program, so it should work. If you want, you can send me the file and I'll send it back to you moved down. Or maybe my explanation wasn't clear on how to do it?

They can be uploaded to brickshelf. :)

Off topic: Bonesiii, you got a new picture underneath your title, what's the member title you achieve after 19,800 posts?

On topic: There's not much to say about these figures since they're not custom figs with customized decals and gear.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Whaddya expect? I'm working with LDD here.

Not the best argument there Ben. Being in the LDD is the reason you should be able to have customizing gear and alike. However only if you wanted to. Me for example I basically make digital versions of the sets I either already have, or want. Then I mess around with them and do stuff like change color. For example I made the Chima Eagle vehicle sets then recolored them to be Phoenix colors(Red/orange) and titanium to see how they would look. You know they really do look good in the Phoenix colors. I should post them here to see what others thing...

Onua.png