Alien Spearman

Huichelaar

cb50d51be1.jpg

Hello, I'm new here. I tried to make something using mostly black and white pieces. Actually all the white pieces in this creation also come in dark turquoise. I hope to build this fellow IRL once I get my hands on the pieces in dark turquoise (and the other ones I still lack).

Anywho, I'm not exactly sure about its back and its lower arms. What do you think? For a more full view of him, a few pictures of his legs, arms 'n torso:

01be4f302e.jpg

I've thus modified the legs and feet a little.

d63153a594.jpg

Edited by Huichelaar
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for the replies. I think I've figured out how to upload the .lxf file, it requires premier membership doesn't it?

I'll try to add a few more different angles of this guy.

I'll be planning to build this guy, I'm just afraid the shield will be too heavy to be held up. I often tend to make shields and weapons too heavy.

And even if I do finally finish this guy, it'll be way later down the line, sorry.

Thanks for the replies. I think I've figured out how to upload the .lxf file, it requires premier membership doesn't it?

Nope! You could use Brickshelf. It allows you to upload basically any type of file.

As for the MOC, it looks pretty solid! The shield is great, and the upper arms look really good too. My only concern is the legs - they look pretty stiff, but that may just be LDD... I'm interested to see in-hand pictures.

Keep up the good work! Oh, and welcome to BZPower! Hope you enjoy the stay. :)

I've altered the legs, I think they'll bend easier now, but LDD makes hinging impossible if it requires multiple ball joints to move.

Anywho, how long does it usually take for brickshelf to send a confirmation e-mail? I've been waiting for over 8 hours since registry.

Anywho, how long does it usually take for brickshelf to send a confirmation e-mail? I've been waiting for over 8 hours since registry.

Check your spam folder. I waited a month before realizing I should've peeked in there :P

Nope, empty, any other recommended uploadsites? I've retried on another e-mail account and neither inbox nor spam had a new message.

Nope, empty, any other recommended uploadsites? I've retried on another e-mail account and neither inbox nor spam had a new message.

For .lxfs? Brickshelf is the only .lxf file hoster I know of. There may be others, but if there are, I'm not aware of them.

Can't you use LEGO's official gallery?  I've posted a few .lfxs there.  For example: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/eb963081-87f1-4b55-9d37-846e7325061a?index=1&categoryId=64929898-c52f-49d8-b106-c0c36314093c&searchword=RAKRONDEWL

Edited by Rakrondewl

For .lxfs? Brickshelf is the only .lxf file hoster I know of. There may be others, but if there are, I'm not aware of them.

Can't you use LEGO's official gallery?  I've posted a few .lfxs there.  For example: http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/eb963081-87f1-4b55-9d37-846e7325061a?index=1&categoryId=64929898-c52f-49d8-b106-c0c36314093c&searchword=RAKRONDEWL

Alrighty, it says it's pending, I'll wait until it's approved and see whether I can give a link to it here.