Theories Proven Wrong

I remember early on thinking that when Mata Nui did awaken, he would be Toa-sized and wear the Kanohi Vahi. I suppose this was partially fulfilled by the Bara Magna storyline, just with that being a new body rather than his original one and him wearing the Ignika rather than the Vahi.

When I read the end of The Final Battle I seriously thought Makuta had become omnipotent-it was pretty intense until the whole "their universe is inside a giant robot" thing sank in.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

As a kid I had this rather far-fetched Bionicle meta theory.

Basically, I thought Bionicles actually existed and have made contact with humanity, but were kept a secret.

I thought Bionicle was so very different from anything else Lego made ever before (as a kid I didn't know about robo-riders or slizers) that they couldn't have come up with it on their own. I thought an international committee contracted TGL to produce a product line based on the new aliens they have made contact with in order to establish plausible deniability.

Basically, if images or footage of "actual" Bionicles would ever be leaked, governments could just go like "Hey, those look like those plastic toys. This is probably just a prank by some fans". 

I swear, for years I genuinely believed this, and thought that Bionicles were among us in disguise, using Komaus and Matatus to hide their presence. 

I was a weird kid.

:kakama:

• Upvote 4

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Basically, I thought Bionicles actually existed and have made contact with humanity, but were kept a secret.

I thought Bionicle was so very different from anything else Lego made ever before (as a kid I didn't know about robo-riders or slizers) that they couldn't have come up with it on their own. I thought an international committee contracted TGL to produce a product line based on the new aliens they have made contact with in order to establish plausible deniability.

Basically, if images or footage of "actual" Bionicles would ever be leaked, governments could just go like "Hey, those look like those plastic toys. This is probably just a prank by some fans". 

I swear, for years I genuinely believed this, and thought that Bionicles were among us in disguise, using Komaus and Matatus to hide their presence. 

I was a weird kid.

*I exhale a sigh of relief upon learning I'm not the only one.*

I thought something similar, only a long time ago, and there were BIONICLE fossils somewhere in South America or Africa.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I was a weird kid.

I thought something similar, only a long time ago, and there were BIONICLE fossils somewhere in South America or Africa.

Any chance you were influenced by this at a young age?

• Upvote 1

Oh, I remember a really weird one.

I used to think all of the 2001 Toa masks were for different Toa. The first part of their name, the elemental prefix, determined the color, and the second part determined the shape. So I thought there was a whole legion of Toa like Gahu, a Toa with the blue Hau, or Popaka, the Toa with the brown Akaku.

I was weird.

• Upvote 2

I was a weird kid.

Actually, I've never seen that site before. Pretty neat, but I always disliked any fan-fic mixing Bionicle with the real world, which is surprising considering my own theory which mixed the two  :P

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Oh, man that Mata Nui website... I love it. It's just so interesting and really an ingenious marketing technique.

I thought that Metru Nui was kinda like Onu Koro. The Toa opened the gates and kinda went to the center of the earth. Man was I wrong.

Oh, I also thought the 2009 poster featured Matoro :P

Edited by The Hordika

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

Oh, I remember a really weird one.

I used to think all of the 2001 Toa masks were for different Toa. The first part of their name, the elemental prefix, determined the color, and the second part determined the shape. So I thought there was a whole legion of Toa like Gahu, a Toa with the blue Hau, or Popaka, the Toa with the brown Akaku.

I was weird.

That's actually an awesome concept.

Actually, no. I didn't see that until a few years later. Edited by Master Inika

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!