Rpg: The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Destiny

Blessed Blade

This what ya'll do all day?

Username: –JC-Character Name: Jacyk CoverGender: MaleAge: 1218Race: Half human, half dragon. This gives him some interesting powers. Bleeding and pain, for one thing. He is immune to them. Not in the sense that he cannot be killed, but in the sense that he feels absolutely no pain, or discomfort, from either. He instead, becomes stronger. Testosterone is released on an epic scale, and this, coupled with the epic strength his dragon blood grants him, allow him to enter a berserker state, until he has destroyed all in his path. The fact that this is exhausting doesn’t change how terrifying he is. He is extremely endurable and, while can be kept at bay relatively easily at a distance, it is difficult if not impossible to best him in close quarters combat.Default Equipment: Jacyk’s only weapon is his spear- a five foot long black pole with an electric blue, razor sharp, jagged edge for a head. Electric blue is more than a illustrative anecdote, however. The tip is literally turbocharged with static electricity, enough to the point that the spear head is capable of delivering painful bursts of electricity to the point of contact.Bio: Jacyk has a colorful past. Whether or not he was born with dragon blood or if his dad was extremely daring remains to be seen- what it has resulted in is a warrior who ages ridiculously slowly and is very impervious to normal ways of separating a man from his head.Why hasn’t Jacyk seized power for himself, despite his apparent dislike for authority? The answer remains in the aforementioned head of Mr. Cover. He is impatient and unambitious- two traits which condemn most power grabs. He simply doesn’t want to lead anybody. His goals in the army are relatively small, too. While tempermental, courtesy of his dragon blood, Jacyk Cover is not stupid. He recognizes the two biggest factions and realizes he would be stupid not to take at least one side, if not both. Joining the Army meant he had a little bit more to destroy, though.Faction: The Army of DarknessCharacter Description: Jacyk is tall, standing about 6’2”, and while he possesses incredible strength, he does not have a steroid-level muscle tone. He is not exactly lean, but hides his muscle tissue relatively well. He dressed modestly, disliking restrictive armour or clothing. He has short, but shaggy black hair, fair skin, and a crooked nose that looks like a piece had been removed. He wears two thin, black crystals over his eyes, kept in place by a thin, wire frame, essentially, he wears black aviators.His clothing is thick, black leather, which cuts off about halfway down his biceps, and baggy leather pants. He does little else for clothing, other than a short, wicked looking black cape that hangs to the end of his back. It seems to have a cosmetic effect only.

ICAs Sarah stumbled back, a blur of darkness erupted from behind her, firing from the shadows behind her like a cannon ball. It connected painfully and powerfully with Orion, sending the Knight falling back. Aran tensed, stepping forward, as the foe revealed himself.He was tall, and clearly strong. He brandished an electric blue spear, crackling with power, and a savage grin was on his face. "Lil' lady back here didn't ask for no beatings, gentlemin'."OOC: lazy IC.

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

IC: SarahSarah sighed at the new arrival. "Why are you here?" she said, slightly annoyed. For some reason, she had never gotten along with anyone else in the army. "I don't remember requesting any help- in fact, I usually don't like it. Besides, the three Knights are part of my mission, and I'm sure Dark Link wouldn't like it if you killed them."

IC"Don't want no help? Fine, I'm on team Knight then." The arrival's voice was deep and guttural, but still lighthearted was the clear tone it sent. He didn't seem to care. He was here to do some damage. "Nah, it is fair and just. You couldn't handle the one, what's your plan for the other two?"

IC: Sarah"Hmph. I was planning on taking out the knights- not killing them, just temporarily incapacitating them. The other two- The large man and the smaller Zora- are the ones I'm after to kill. And, although these knights may be skilled, they won't be able to handle my power." She then used her powers to set her sword aflame. "Earler, I was just trying to slightly weaken my opponents- now like this, taking them out will be no problem."

i will stubbornly refuse to call him by name until i introduce himICIncapitate? The man begrudgingly thought. I can do that, I guess..."By the way, I'm-"---Maha. Right on ya, boss.---Jacyk was probably angered by the fact that Sarah didn't respond to him. Truth was, there was no way she would've been able to even hear him. While the two Soldiers of Darkness were in conversation, they had seemed to neglect the fact that the Knights, and Aran, were still in the room, and by no means incapable. Maha had leaped into action. Taking similar steps to when he had dealt with the Tile Worms was unnecessary- Sarah was right in his sights, and because of this, he could leap into her head and unleash shrill, supernatural screeches that could've left a lesser creature deaf as a corpse. While mostly inaudible, the spirit made sure to include some vengeful taunts.Kill us? He screeched, hysterical with laughter. YOU COULDN'T KILL A DEAD GUY! No friend will save you! No firey tricks will do you any favours! YOU'RE NOTHING! AND YOU KNOW IT!"Maha, easy." Aran whispered. His weapon was beginning to rattle in his hands, but the spirit couldn't hear him. He was having too much fun.

IC: SarahSarah noticed that Aran seemed to be taliking to his weapon- which seemed to be vibrating and pointed at her. "So, this is what you can do?" she said to Aran. "You can use your weapon to... Project your thoughts, maybe? I'm sorry, but that seems a bit too unfair," she said, as she lashed at Aran with her flaming sword.

OOC: JC: Not usually. xDToD: One reason I kinda want you to drop the whole Lana fight, is because you've been neglecting Amy since you got back, in favour of trying to utterly kill Lana... Despite the fact that everyone else is getting away. =P-==IC: Orion==-Orion frowned, and swung out quickly at Sarah's flaming sword; however, shortly after the clash, Orion quickly dropped his sword with a mutter, as the heat ran through the blade quickly. Orion growled, and slowly backed up, attempted to kick his own sword back, in an attempt to keep it on their side, even if it's just a typical sword.

OOC: For the sake of moving things along, I'm going to have Algernon intervene. Also waiting on an Ingo IC, Pit.IC: Algernon (leaving Kakariko Village)Before Kraenir could follow up with another attack, Lana was snatched off of her horse from the other side by Algernon, who had turned back to help once he saw that her horse had been wounded. Keeping his own horse moving as to not lose momentum, he swung around and spurred it after Lealna's horse, leaving the village behind and entering Hyrule Field. Without a word, he shifted so that Lana could get situated behind him, focusing on catching up with Lealna for now.

... guess the whole hysterical screeching wasn't too distractingLOL K FIGHT SCENE LET'S TICK SOME PEOPLE OFFICSarah's motions became understandably sluggish as thick, heavy, ice bracelets materialized around her wrists, giving the fleshy snowman ample time to parry the blow, then retaliate by thumping the flat of Maha powerfully against her head with the force of an Arctic wind.---Orion would be given no time to fetch his blade. Sensing movement, as if his prey hadn't gotten enough, the dragon knight snarled and lunged. The back of his spear his ideal instrument, as if he wanted to beat his meat just a bit more, he whipped hard on the knee of the distracted knight, bashing it to the ground and likely causing a world of hurt.

Edited by ~JC~

IC: SarahSarah picked herself up, her ears still ringing from the impact- and the screeching noise earlier. She noticed the ice bracelets, and easily melted them off. She knew to watch for ice this time- she would melt it as soon as it would start appearing- and to watch for Aran's incredibly strong blows.

OOC: Well, that resolves it in any case. XD

Kraenir/Kakariko Village, Fighting the ArmyIC:

Kraenir swore, knowing that he lost his case. They had managed to get away. Tearing his shirt off and wrapping it around the injured horse's leg, he sheathed his swords and began to amble back toward the inn. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Amy, and immediately changed course to walk to her. When he got within a few feet, he asked, "Are you alright, Amy?"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: Thanks Promised Land. =D-==IC: Ingo==-Ingo, however, shot his foot up and grabbed the foot, even as it headed down toward his face, his iron grip pushing the foot away, even as he began to stand up once more."Do not interfere." Ingo stated, the look in his eyes still the same as before.-==IC: Amy==-"Yeah." Amy said with a slight frown, not knowing what to do now.-==IC: Orion==-Orion barely blocked the blow with his shield, however, the blow shook his arm, seemingly nearly breaking the bones, as Orion stumbled back, noticing he had kicked his sword back after all, and grabbed for it, attempting to use his shield to block any further blows, even as he did so.

OOC: Submitting profile.Username: BasiliskCharacter Name: Mordane HawkcroftGender: MaleAge: Twenty-SixRace: HylianDefault Equipment: A curved well-maintained sword and set of black robes, along with a set of books on necromancy. He has the ability to animate small numbers of the dead to serve him, as it stands he can animate either four small creatures or two medium creatures or one large creature. He is a weak melee combatant and unable to hold his own against most opponents.Bio: Mordane is interested in two things, one of these things is a vested interest in staying alive for as long as he possibly can, the second is the art of Necromancy, the magic of the dead. He intends to defeat death itself by using his magic’s to preserve his body for beyond the normal limit, no matter the mean’s he must use to do this. He has a fear of death and tends to flee when it looks like his own precious hide is at risk.He acquired his fear of death at an early age, growing up as a street urchin in the cities, he knows firsthand how easily it can come and the variety of forms it can take. It could be starvation, dying slowly as your stomach digests itself, or it can be murder, meeting an unfortunate end in the alleyways. It could be a fall, a quick start and a sudden stop. He saw all of these forms by the time he was fourteen. He vowed to himself that death would never claim him, and sought out even the barest rumors of a magic that could halt the reaper itself. What he found was necromancy, in an old broken temple, dedicated to some long forgotten cause; he found a book of spells. He embraced necromancy whole heartedly, and now travels the land to find yet more artifacts regarding it to increase his power. Faction: NeutralCharacter Description: He typically hides his face beneath a hood, but when it is visible, he appears to be a pale through well-nourished Hylian. He has a few scars about his body from his childhood on the streets, as well as one long pale one across his face, from an encounter with a mugger. He is not particularly muscular and tends towards the thin side. He hair, colored black, tends to be messy. Combing his hair tends to fall low on Mordane's list of priorities. He cut's it occasionally, but never all that well.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Near Kakariko Village, Outskirts)Mordane was, to put it kindly, very very unhappy with his current situation. For the past few months he’d been tracking rumors of a crystal, glowing with necromantic power hidden in some old tomb within this area. He’d been the area for months now, having rented out room at a nearby inn and he had found neither hide nor tail of this artifact.As it stood now, he was in the middle of clearing, a few books scattered about him next to an emptied sack. He’d been pouring through them for hours now, looking for hints, looking for some clue he missed. “Nothing on top of nothing! “ He growled to himself, fully aware this wasn’t exactly a sign of mental stability, he nonetheless continued on. “Months of work, packs of wolves outrun and I end up with nothing. Nothing!”He shook his head. These books were a godsend, they contained the lore of some long lost cabal of Necromancers, and he believed the locations of their greatest treasures. By matching them up with local rumors and legends, he’d thought he could divine the locations of these items. He was clearly wrong about that, or he was quite bad at reading for content.Both of these were a distinct possibility Mordane admitted to himself. For all his pretensions at knowledge, he was still a dabbler, not worth much compared to the Necromancers that had penned these books. Biting down on his lip, Mordane struggled to contain his budding frustration. He had to focus….death was waiting for him just around the bend, and he needed the knowledge of those that had come before to face that foe.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Ic: SirisSiris was facing the large flame monster that had been summoned by Sarah. He had managed to slice it a few times- but not enough to do any real damage. He had to try to take it out while Sarah was still slightly out of it. He then thought to get close by using his shield, and then attacking with his sword. He went in, knowing that even with his heat-resistant shield, he would only have a few seconds, but that was all he would need. The then stabbed the creature, seemingly significantly wounding it, bringing it to the ground. He then cut at it a few more times while it was on the ground, and flames came from wherever he cut. After enough times, all the energy from the monster came out in flames, and all that was left was a pile of ash.

"Good... Apparently it definitely was your guitar. As they were rather desperate to get it, I assume it's a very bad thing that they did so... And we can't do anything about it. Argh... I guess the best thing to do would be to get the belongings we still have and head to my home... if you're still okay with that."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

-==IC: Amy==-Amy nodded, and began to walk back toward the hotel with Kraenir; however, as they headed there, the sky began to darken, despite it being the middle of the afternoon at the latest, and no-one from the Army around any longer."... Good job." Called out the employer who hired Kraenir, from behind the mercenary.

ICWith a few deep breaths and calm thoughts, Mordane threw himself back into his research. “Alright, let’s see, Sevran the Bane’s second passage….” He muttered to himself as he leafed through one of his necromantic tomes. Finally, near the end of the book, he found the passage of text he sought.Just as he was about to start reading, his stomach growled, demanding a different sort of feast. Mordane, his eyes still stuck to the page like glue, absentmindedly reached into his pocket and popped a small biscuit into his mouth. His supplies were running low, but he wasn’t about to let a little thing like that stop him from finding this artifact.

In a flash, Kraenir he gently yet forcefully pushed Amy forward, spun, on his heel, and drawn both swords. "Yeah, about the job. Being a villain sucks. Instead, I decided to help an innocent teen not possibly get killed. Or have her precious possession stolen."

NOI WANTED A NECROMANCERi quit this rpg sucksICJacyk chuckled as Orion winced, savage was his smile. Intimidation was his tactic. He'd toy with this Knight for a bit, but whether or not he would obey Sarah's wishes remained to be seen. He decided not to give the Knight any time to recover. Roaring furiously, a deep, inhumane roar that sounded demonic, draconic, he smashed down, harder than a badminton's. Slashing with a spear is nowhere near as effective as stabbing, but with his dragon blood fueled it. Harder offense than a strike team fueled it. The desire to hear a crush and a snap fueled it.---Aran hesitated. Sarah was the enemy, but he was not used to fighting women, and she looked a lot less threatening without flaming blades. Boss! She wants to kill you!"You're right." Aran muttered. "You're always right."The ice slowed her down. He noticed that, and used it to his advantage. In leaps and bounds he cleared the distance between him and her, zig zagging like a gunman was behind him, and pivoted off ice towers he'd bring up, leaving a dozen in his trail. He landed in a kneel a meter away from Sarah, then leaped up, twirling as he did, spinning his weapon at intimidating velocity. OOC: If that was worded too awkwardly, he's holding it straight out and spinning his body, and the weapon with it, while in midair. Very over the top, that is correct.

ICA less-goal oriented person would have been more concerned about the fact that two armies were clashing all over the land. Mordane wasn’t, needless to say, that concerned. He may have been relatively young, but in the terms of cynicism he might as well have been one hundred years old. The Knights of Hyrule made a show of “defending the Kingdom” against the “dark forces”. But Mordane knew the truth, to him, they were just like the Army of Darkness…except with a better propaganda machine.Growing up on the streets had taught him many important lessons, not the least of which was that armies all operated on the same principle: “Kill the best, buy the rest”. The war mattered very little to him, whoever one, the end result would be the same. So he ignored it entirely, instead focusing on his books.And his quest for unlife-everlasting, he’d have time to worry about politics’ when the reaper’s blade wasn’t against his throat.OOC: Don't worry, I'm sure there's plenty of sorcery out there for you. Minion-oriented spell casters take a variety of forms after all....

Edited by Basilisk

OOC: I welcome any and all Necromancers, though you might eventually have competition. =P-==IC: Agahnim==-Agahnim shook his head with a knowing smile, as he vanished, and reappeared behind Kraenir, creating a shadow barrier to separate them from Amy."Are you really certain you wish to fight me?" Agahnim asked quietly, as he calmly looked at Kraenir.-==IC: Orion==-Orion, however, wasn't a pushover either; and pushed off from the ground even as he dove to grab his sword; forcing himself into a roll even as he moved, just barely avoiding the powerful attack, as he spun around, and dug his feet into the stone bricks that were used for the floor, attempting to slow his momentum, even as he looked up. He had grabbed his sword, which was good, and readjusted his grip on the sword, even as he dashed forward toward the newcomer.

OOC: Necromancy! Necromancy for everyone!IC“Nothing. Worthless. “ Mordane muttered as read through the passage for what felt like the fortieth time. Whilst it was a fascinating treatise on the nature of death and the consequences of dealing with the magic of the dead, as well as the implications of doing so, it was of no help in Mordane’s quest. There was scarcely a mention of the crystal he sought.He sighed. He’d have to go into town and work the rumor mill. Lovely.

Edited by Basilisk

ICSurprised was the best thing Jacyk could muster to describe his feelings about not feeling any recoil when his spear hit the stone. Distracted as Orion bolted away, he didn't even notice that he had upturned a few bricks in the blow until he stumbled onto one. An eyebrow raised behind black crystal lenses. Like a skilled hockey or badminton player, JC stopped typing, pondering whether or not real-world metaphors were valid in an RPG so unlike our world. He shrugged, for he was unsure as to what the Zelda equivalent of a hockey player was, so he continued the IC.Like a skilled hockey or badminton player, Jacyk Cover fished the bricks onto the end of his spear, and vaulted them towards the charging knight, one by one for a total of three projectiles launched, all at a relatively even spread, all at a threatening velocity.

Kraenir/Kakariko Village, Speaking with AgahnimIC:

Kraenir, now that he was sure that this guy wasn't after Amy (out of spite), slowly turned to look him in the face. Then, with a smirk, he said, "Oh, I want to fight you with everything but the logical side of me. That part is currently keeping my hands from moving, because I'm sure that a show of aggression will quite quickly get me killed. So, you have Amy's guitar, what are you here for? To kill me?"

Edited by Ballistic Jello Pickles

-==IC: Agahnim==-"I was never after the guitar. I am not affiliated with that 'army' at all." Agahnim stated, and frowned."I am here for the girl, the Chosen One." Agahnim stated, a sword of shadows appearing in the palm of his hand.-==IC: Orion==-Orion, surprised, only barely raised him shield in time to block the first two bricks, the second of which tore a hole in his shield, which forced him to dodge to the side quickly, since he wasn't certain of whether he could actually block anything more.

ICMordane sighed, this was getting him nowhere fast. He gathered up his tomes and placed them in pack, muttering to himself all the while. He had come to this area with high hopes and the promise of ever-greater necromantic power bouncing about in his mind. Now it seemed he would leave empty-handed.

At that, Kraenir tensed again. "Well then, I will have to sacrifice my life for the sake of an innocent young woman. You are obviously not well-intentioned, if intuition tells me anything.

OOC: Geez, you don't log on for three days... Can I get a quick recap? Mainly of where we're at with stealing the guitar and what's going on in the Zora temple?

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

-==IC: Agahnim==-"I would think I am... But not everyone knows of why I would do such things." Agahnim, and shrugged."Give it your best shot, though."OOC: Korkoa: We finally got away, so we have the Guitar.And as for the Fortress, we're fighting against Sarah, and one of JC's new characters(A new one, not the spear wielder) showed up to help Sarah.

Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

ICThe tearing metal put a smile on Cover's face. It was not just progress, it was foreshadowing."That was foreshadowing." His mouth echoed his thoughts. "Call that your torso in a few seconds."He was blasting forward in a few seconds after, Orion still rattled, spear raised but pointed downwards. His velocity was once again, intimidating, but he didn't seem intent on irritating Sarah just yet. He didn't aim to maim. If anything, he just wanted to rattle Orion's skull a bit more.

IC: SarahSarah got up, seemingly as if she was in a dream. She then held out her sword at Aran, and in a cold, emotionless voice, she said: "Your actions have deemed you to be a threat to this vessel. All necessary actions will be taken to stop the threat." Her sword them burst into flames, with the flames even going partially up her arms. This time, it seemed that she would go all-out against this enemy.OOC: Thought of an idea to clear up a few things, wasn't expecting to do it so soon, but this seems like it might be a good time to do it...

OOC: Between me and JC, we seem to make a good team in forcing people to advance plots quicker than expected. =P-==IC: Orion==-Orion, however, was prepared this time, and rolled to the side. As Orion was preparing to get up, however, he jabbed his sword upward at Cover's torso, intending to deal some damage at the soldier recovered from the attack that had been aimed at the Knight.

OOC: Kraenir desperately needs magic. XD

"The problem with this situation is that I will die, if your flashy effects are anything like they look, and then you'll capture Amy either way," responded Kraenir with a resigned look. Then, with a sigh, he burst into a fast combination attack, slicing, stabbing, slashing, and cutting from every angle he could, as fast as he could.

OOC: I can get on board with that. You've already lost out on saving one of the 7 people. Two are in danger, and a third is being fought over now. Two are left. Both are Mage Apprentices, so if you rescue one or both, you might be able to learn a little magic. You'll probably need help, though. =P-==IC: Agahnim==-Agahnim simply rolled his eyes, and blocked the first blow, and as he did so, created a barrier around his weapon, that then surrounded him, blocking him from the rest of the attacks."At least you realize your uselessness." Agahnim stated, as he generated a ball of energy in his hand, and launched it toward Kraenir, not intending to deal much damage to the mercenary.

Yep, this guy was a skilled mage. Grunting, Kraenir hit the ball of energy with the flat of his blade, aiming to see if the guy could handle his own energy being deflected back at himself. Or it would just dissipate, either way.

Kinda sort important IC, so all two people involved in the Knights vs. Darkness fight in the temple, pay attention. Blade made me do it I didn't want to I told him no but then he said he'd tell my parents so I had to...ICAran tensed, leaning back, prepared to take Sarah on. He didn't have to be.---Orion made a poor decision that indirectly worked out very well for him. His blow did find a mark, if not a favorable one, in the side of Cover's ribs. It grazed the skin. This, normally, in a more Jacyk-favoured arena, would've been the worst possible move the Knight could have made. But it wasn't.The second blood coursed out of the cut in his skin, Jacyk roared. Not in agony. Not in pain, no. Not quite in triumph, either. See, the roar was symbolic. The roar initiated the end of the line of not only the fight between him and Orion but, in a more favourable arena, the fight between the Knights of Hyrule and the two members of the Army of Darkness. But what it symbolized, like a lot of symbols, was irrelevant.The roar was loud. Distracting. Aran would've looked over, had Sarah not been so immediately threatening. Maha was the first to notice just how loud it was, as he wasn't giving Sarah much attention, his mental attacks having failed. Were he in a physical form, he would've winced.It wasn't loud like it had been before- that had been voluntary. This roar pushed the very fabric of the dragon knight's vocal cords, rattling his throat, and all around him. This was more like a sonic boom of a roar. And it dragged on. And on.The impending shockwave shook the room, letting loose all sorts of old, crusty bricks, and stones. The roof collapsed like hail, a sizable boulder crashing inbetween Aran and Sarah, and shattered into dust from the fall, rattling him loose of his trance as the building collapsed. Nobody in the room had much time.