Did Teridax Think He Was Doing The Right Thing?

Eh, you got some of that a little backwards. The civil war and Teridax's less than reasonable way of ending it happened a good five hundred years after he put an end to the Barraki's uprising and began planning his takeover.Also, the Makuta did create legitimately helpful Rahi, from the ussal crabs that helped the Matoran's day-to-day work to large, carnivorous beasts that balanced out the ecosystem in some way. So their initial complaint about not getting the credit they deserved is actually kinda legitimate, they probably did deserve more of a thanks. Doesn't make how they handled it right, of course.

If I couldn't see it, do you think the Matoran could?
I think they could've seen it, but just never said anything to Teridax or the other Makuta. I agree with theory that Teridax rejected the ideas of good and evil replacing them superior and inferior. Teridax probably thought Mata Nui was a poor leader and thought he'd be a better candidate. Not to mention Teridax, according to BS01, Teridax was one of the smartest beings in the MU. Teridax also had an ego problem and was arrogant. In short Teridax took over because he saw himself as superior to everyone else and thought he should rule the MU.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Eh, you got some of that a little backwards. The civil war and Teridax's less than reasonable way of ending it happened a good five hundred years after he put an end to the Barraki's uprising and began planning his takeover.Also, the Makuta did create legitimately helpful Rahi, from the ussal crabs that helped the Matoran's day-to-day work to large, carnivorous beasts that balanced out the ecosystem in some way. So their initial complaint about not getting the credit they deserved is actually kinda legitimate, they probably did deserve more of a thanks. Doesn't make how they handled it right, of course.

If I couldn't see it, do you think the Matoran could?
I think they could've seen it, but just never said anything to Teridax or the other Makuta.
"Behold the Ussal Crab, this revolution in Rahi! It's docile, actually Matoran compatible, and increases cargo hauling efficiency! Bought to you by the Makuta, the smartest creatures in the known universe!" Pause. "Makuta. We help Matoran."No, more likely the Ussal just showed up. The Matoran assumed divine providence and chalked it up to the obvious divine power on hand...Mata Nui. The Makuta likely didn't know that the Matoran would adopt the Ussal as useful either. As for ecosystem balancing, that might have been noticed by a few Onu-Matoran, and even if they did notice Rahi appearing to balance stuff, they wouldn't have known that the Makuta were making them. Most Matoran didn't even know what the Brotherhood did, much less care. Even if the Brotherhood came out and said "We made these, can you give us some credit?" they would have been laughed off. It's easier to give to credit to an unknown divine force than to a group of black giants in armor when the the black giants in armor are supposed to be helpful, but Mata Nui is already helpful.The Matoran didn't notice the efforts by countless beings to maintain their existence and status quo - they noticed when things went wrong. We tend to notice things more when they go wrong more than when they are going right - same would likely go for them. It would be completely out of character for Makuta to ask for recognition - they felt they should be recognized without them having to ask. They were expecting recognition from a group that didn't know that the Makuta needed to be recognized. Eventually they blamed Mata Nui for not telling the Matoran to recognize them, and accordingly went after him.

I'm pretty sure the Matoran DID know the Makuta were directly responsible for Rahi. They knew of the Brotherhood for pretty much the whole time it was around, and I can't imagine they'd simply wave off such powerful beings as "those guys who could obliterate us but sit around and do nothing." Especially those like Chirox and Mutran, who even after being reassigned to protection duty kind of ignored their areas to continue Rahi experiments. Chances are those Matoran knew well what they did.

rahkshi_symbol.png