Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Zoe

The girl blushed. "O-oh. Um, it was nothing..." A sheepish, not-so-innocent grin appeared on the girl's face. "P-please don't tell Mom and Dad!" she squeaked, cringing at the thought of getting into even more trouble. "Pollyanna was just trying to cheer me up! So she started blowing bubbles, and Esmeralda just kind of sneezed, and then there was fire everywhere! B-but it's all fine now! I put it out! Please don't be mad...!"

Esmeralda slowly slinked back under the bed. While it was true that no serious damage had been done to the room, the carpet still had a few small blackened spots.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Colette==-

The aura wielder could not help but giggle, as she patted Zoe's head reassuringly. "It's fine, accidents happen. I just was curious, since it seemed odd." Colette chuckled for a few more moments after, though noticed that her sister was acting a bit odd. "It's been a long day, though... hasn't it? It feels like it to me, at least." The girl scratched her head, as she began to think for a moment. "How about I let you get some rest, then we'll play tomorrow?"

IC: Zoe

"Sounds good," Zoe said, giving her sister another hug. "Maybe we can even find Ryan, and continue the adventures of the Spectacular Aura-Girl!" She giggled, seeming at least somewhat back to her usual cheerful self. She was definitely tired though, for a yawn escaped her lips shortly afterwards. She patted the Poliwag on the head. "Thanks for cheering me up, Pollyanna. Just... try to steer clear of Esmeralda with those Bubbles." She giggled again, then wandered back to her bed with another yawn. "Goodnight, Collie..."

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Evan Tierra

Before she knew it, Gnip was struck by Scizlite's impressive attack. But instead of roaring in pain, the Garchomp merely froze in place, feeling her ability to stay conscious fade. Even as Scizlite drew away from the mighty creature, she somehow remained upright, despite what happened. It was as if her will to stand tall and proud, despite her loss, was that strong. Evan put his hand behind his head, and grinned broadly at the sight of his friend losing so well.

"I most definitely lose now. My friends have been defeated fair and square. I have no pokemon left, therefore....."

Evan then gave Jenny a very proud smile. He was very impressed with the strides his girlfriend had made with Gnip, and in the past. He felt no shame in losing like this. He and his pokemon gave it their all, and they had no regrets. They only thing they did have....was fun. The trainer smiled warmly as he spoke again.

"You win completely, Jenny Hakuda. Despite losing, I just can't help smiling like this!"

-==IC: Jenny==-

Jenny stood in shock, as she panted from the adrenaline. A moment later, she regained her composure, but felt herself shaking a bit from the fight and what had happened. She nodded with a smile, even as Scizlite collapsed a few minutes after the fact. She recalled the out of breath bug, and giggled.

"You fought very well too! I don't think I would have won if not for that poison..." The girl laughed, catching her breath in the meantime. "I think I still have a lot of improvement to make, too. I noticed a few things that nearly cost me the match a few times; like Sandlite, or while fighting Lazengann and Hippowdon... Very good match, though!" Jenny giggled some more, as she walked over to where the spectators were. "Well? How was the battle?"

-==IC: Chloe==-

Chloe, meanwhile, had simply watched the last rounds of the fight in amazement. So many combinations, on both sides, that made her want to experiment as well. However, when Jenny asked the others how the battle went, all she could do is nod.

"It was very nice! I was surprised at the outcome, but Gnip was amazing! I want to try fighting her sometime..." The psychic giggled, and waited for the others to answer. Ryan gave a simple nod. To Chloe, Ryan seemed to be acting a bit odd, but she didn't give it much thought.

IC: Xander and Sylph

Bravo! Xander exclaimed. Fantastic! Truly magnificent! He grinned softly at Chloe. You want to battle Gnip? You're a madwoman!

Sylph giggled at Xander's theatrics. "It certainly was exhilarating! What was that move Gnip used? Heaven and Earth? How did you come up with that?"

Jenny, congratulations on your win! What will you do now that you've taken on the best?

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

-==IC: Chloe/Jenny==-

Chloe giggled at Xander's response, as Jenny thought for a moment, scratching her head. "Well... for one, we'll get back Ellen and the others. After that, I have no real clue..." The girl seemed a little shocked still, but she flashed a smile after. "I'm gonna keep training, though. I'm sure there's still things I can do better, and there's always better people out there." She didn't add that she still wasn't sure half of it was just a fluke that the strategy would work.

Chloe, on the other hand, waited for Jenny to finish explaining, and thought for a moment. "Hmm... Xander, you wanted to practice things, right? Well... how about getting an example of some of my in-battle skills? There's one power that's easier... shown than explained." The girl giggled, as she flicked a Pokeball into the air, sending out her Gallade in the process. "I think it'd be better back at the Alamo, though, since Evan and Jenny can heal up at the Pokemon Center and all... And I think that would be fair to their team to be healed sooner than later!"

"Heaven and Earth is a technique we devised with Gnip's rather interesting roar in mind." Evan replied to Sylph's query before turning to Chloe. "I'd like to see that, when we fight in the future." The trainer returned the very still Gnip to her poke ball as he approached Jenny. He too felt the rush of adrenaline from the fight and had to express himself further.  "Despite your need to improve, you are still amazing, Jen-Jen." Evan replied happily. "A far cry from what you once were....."

IC: Xander Cruize

I'd be up for that, sure! He grinned. I was just thinking that I needed to give you the Evan Tierra-style greeting. As long as we can trade techniques later, yeah?

Sylph grinned. "Fair warning, though. We've been battling together a long time. We may come to a draw with seriously seasoned combatants like Evan's Lazengann or Aria, but we aren't in the habit of losing."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

IC: Guinevere - Stacy's Mansion

Guinevere watched Shannon move with internal worry. She stopped herself from using Psychic to support Shannon because standing on your own legs again was an important part of the healing process. The Gardevoir did feel bad however when Shannon fell on her face and Guinevere didn't react in time. Then Guinevere heard something that surprised her.

Hmm? You... too? Oh, right. Your injuries.

And then the subject of how she got wounded came up. Not a pleasant topic, but not one she was unwilling to share.

My trainer and I were heading towards his childhood home. And right when we reached the church that sponsored it, I saw someone holding a device. When I saw him activate right when my trainer opened the door to the church, I panicked and threw myself in front of him. Then bombs went off, my fears realized, so I used Psychic and my body to shield him from the explosion.

Guinevere trailed off for a bit and looked off into the distance. She snapped out of it soon after to finish her story.

Then I woke up in a room at the Pokemon Center and was brought here.

IC: Jamie - Four Island

"That sounds fine to me!" Jamie "I have two Pokemon ready right here. Come on Lucan!" The Vanilluxe shivered at the call and the call's implications. "We will show them what you've got!"

The Vanilluxe slowly made his way forward, drops of vanilla-like ice rolling down his faces out of nervousness. Pelleas decided to lean back on a nearby tree. His time would come soon enough.

"Alright, pick your Pokemon and make your move!" she called out, a smile beaming on her face from anticipation.

That felt really good to say.

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

-==IC: Yellow==-

The woman nodded, as she had Omny take the field first. The Omastar was a risk, but she wanted to try him out first. "Alright, lead off with Hydro Pump!" Yellow appeared to be a lot more focused on the fight now, as her Omastar focused a stream of water that was aimed right to Lucan. She thought to herself that she probably would have led with Chuchu, had it not been for Lucan's reaction to the Pikachu, and wondered why that was...

Alright then. Sylph, get us back to the Alamo?

"As you wish," she responded as she wrapped them all in the psychic veil and teleported them.

As the teleportation ended, Chloe noticed they were back in front of the Alamo. She followed the rest of the group to the Pokemon Center station in the main building. As she walked, however, she contemplated what had been said about Sylph's power, but was determined to give it her best shot regardless. After the girl made a brief stop to drop Ryan back off at the infirmary, she made her way back to where the other three and Sylph were, hoping that things would go well.

"Alright, looks like there's an arena here!" Jenny pointed out, as Chloe got back to the group. "I think these might be more suitable for a practice battle than where we were... After all, we were mostly that far out because of the earthquakes."

Chloe made her way to one side of the field, as Alvis wordlessly followed beside her. He gave a silent query to the girl, who simply nodded, and stood on the trainer's spot on the field. "Um, alright, I'm ready when you are!"

IC: Xander Cruize and Sylph

Xander grinned as Chloe led them into the arena. She seemed eager to test herself against Sylph. He could respect that. Battling was fantastic after all. He sent a soft query to Sylph, who shook her head.

Xander nodded in understanding. She knew best how to utilize her power, after all.

"Alright then!" he shouted across the field, "Hope you're ready because we sure are!" He couldn't help wondering what this technique she was going to demonstrate was; if it was better shown off in a battle, he wondered how safe it was.

"Alright." Chloe gave a confident smile as Alvis got into a battle-ready position. She sent the command for Psycho Cut telepathically to begin with, as the Gallade vanished from the spot where he stood. He reappeared behind Sylph quickly, and aimed to slice out with his elbow-blades as soon as he appeared. The Gallade was curious about whether they should use the technique yet, and Chloe shook her head silently. "Not yet; I want to see this power first..."

They hadn't fought another psychic in a while, but the old instincts were still there. As Alvis vanished, Sylph took two quick hops forward and spun. The blades passed within inches of her, and she retaliated with a wave of Psychic. This was mostly to distract from the ball of purple energy that was forming in her hand.

Xander grinned softly. "Need to be a bit more creative than that old trick!"

Edited by Carbevoir

Evan watched the battle unfold with undisguised glee. He wondered who would end up being the better of the two, especially considering Chloe's power and Xander's experience. Either factor could tip the scale of this match ,and that only made the Agent more excited. Beside him was Gnip, who watched as well. Despite being defeated in her last battle, she was grateful for the experience. It only meant that she could get better. She held no grudge against Scizlite for beating her, especially when both of them gave the battle their all.

Chloe watched as the attack was out predicted. She nodded as Alvis took the psychic burst, and used the moment to use Swords Dance. The two watched carefully through the spinning energy blades, as Sylph generated a ball of energy herself. Trainer and Pokemon communicated briefly, noting that it did not appear to be a Shadow Ball, as it looked a bit different. Alvis grabbed one of the energy blades quickly, and cautiously made his way forward. Chloe decided they would use their technique after Sylph's attack, since that would likely be a good way to judge their strength.

-==IC: Colette==-

"Good night..." The aura wielder gave her sister a smile, as she walked out of the room. When Pollyanna had gotten out of the room as well, Colette closed Zoe's door, and walked downstairs. She wore a worried frown as she descended the stairs, however, and made her way to the living room, where she found her mother sitting. "Hi..."

Molly looked up from the book she was reading and smiled at her daughter. "How's it going, sweetheart? Did you talk to Zoe?"

Colette nodded in response, but her worried look didn't change much. "Yeah... I don't know how well that went, though..." With an uncertain look on her face, she explained about how she had told Zoe about the things that had happened, and how her sister had basically acted in denial over it. "I'm worried about her... I don't know what else I can do for now..."

Molly set down her book and beckoned for Colette to sit in the adjacent chair. "Sisterhood, much like parenthood, is both a blessing and a burden," she said quietly, as a wry smile crossed her face. "Especially when Zoe is involved. You haven't lived with her quite as much as we have, but you've probably seen how she can often be off in her own world." Colette nodded slightly, knowing what she meant. Molly cast a glance up toward Zoe's room. "I keep telling myself it's just a phase; that she'll grow out of it eventually. But I think she got my stubbornness. She turns thirteen this year, but I don't think she wants to grow up." She looked back to Colette. "Now I'm no aura reader, but I'd be willing to bet that she's scared. Scared of the responsibility that comes with maturity. She might not have been ready to hear you pour your heart out to her. You're her Collie. Her idol." The woman shook her head with a heavy sigh. "Maybe your mission will do her some good. Give her some time away from you; time to realize that you aren't just here to play silly games with her. But frankly... I'm not sure there's much you can do for her except lead by example. She'll grow up eventually."

The aura wielder scratched her head for a moment, as she thought over what she had been told. "Maybe... I just, I worry that in this case it might be either her being more mature or... not." The girl rubbed her arm, as she thought over that. "I don't really think anyone should face a decision like that, especially not that young." Unsaid words left an implication that she was talking about someone other than Zoe at that moment.

Molly looked away, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. She was quiet for several moments. "Colette..." The woman bit her lip as she hesitantly looked back at her daughter. "Am... am I a bad mother...?"

Colette frowned uncertainly as she considered that thought. She rubbed the back of her head for a few moments, slightly uncertain how to react, and what her exact feelings on the matter were at that moment. "... I... don't know precisely... but I don't think so..." The girl still seemed a bit uncertain, but sighed. "I mean, there's many different sides to things... and not everything can be known when the decision's made." She sighed, as she looked to her mother again, a small smile on her face.

"You did what you thought was best... you couldn't have known how things would happen. I... I don't really... blame you, either. I wish things would have turned out differently, but... at the same time, I know I couldn't do a lot of the things I can do now if they had... and for all I know, a lot of it might have happened the same way otherwise." The aura wielder sighed again, as she rubbed her arm once more. She had some more things she wanted to say, but felt guilty now about what she had already said.

Molly nodded, although she seemed somewhat distracted. "And... what about Zoe? Do... do you think I raised her properly? Or is what she's going through... could that be my fault somehow?"

"I don't think that's your fault either." Colette sighed at that, as she scratched her head. "If anything, the fault's probably my own... after all, you said it yourself, I'm her idol." She smiled ruefully, as she closed her eyes, thinking about how she should have handled it better. "I just hope things can work out..." She opened her eyes for a moment, and seemed a little conflicted. "Can you watch out for her, though?"

Molly gave a reassuring smile. "Of course, honey. I... I'll admit that your father and I haven't always... been there for her. With all our Liberty missions and such. But I promise I'll do better. Anything I can do to help, I'll do it."

Colette nodded, as she stood up. "Alright... I think I might train for a little while, now..." Although the talk had gone well, she still felt a little awkward about what had happened. She also had another reason for wanting to train, as although she wouldn't admit it, she felt as if she needed to get stronger, her and her Pokemon, if things were to go well during the mission.

Molly looked at her in surprise, obviously caught off guard about that. "Training? At this hour?"

Colette nodded, a bit distracted. "Yeah... I'll try not to be too late." She gave a weak smile that indicated that might be later than she was trying to make it sound like.

Molly looked about to protest, but then relaxed. "Well, I won't stop you," she said with a somewhat guilty smile. "Just be safe, alright?"

Colette smile in response, as she nodded. "Alright..." The girl felt bad for the situation they were all in, but waved as she tried not to let her guilt show. She said good night to her mother on her way upstairs to get the rest of her Pokemon. As she attached the Pokemon to her belt, she sighed as she wondered if she could have handled any of that night better.

A little while later, the aura wielder made her way out of the house. She wasn't entirely certain where she would head, but tried to find somewhere that was deserted. The darkness of the night was cut through by her aura sphere and the streetlights, but Colette didn't complain. She was uncertain whether there would be enough time to train if she only did so during the day. She reached an abandoned park in the east end of the town, and then set her backpack on the ground, pulling out some wearable weights she had brought back. As she put them on, she again went over the events of the night, and shook her head. She sent out her Pokemon and smiled as her Magikarp and Clawitzer swam around the nearby pond, and the rest ran around on land.

After a while, Colette panted as she put her hands on her knees, the aura wielder attempting to catch her breath. She decided to try to run as a warmup, but wondered if it was doing anything but making her exhausted. Nevertheless, the girl kept up with her training, and took a break from running to try and work on her aura powers. She picked up her backpack and recalled her water-bound Pokemon, as she headed in the direction of the beach. When she got there, Colette set her backpack down again, and gave Kammy a target to hold in front of the ocean. As she prepared herself, she thought back to the fighting on Seven Island and everything that had happened there. My clone used some more advanced things... I need to try them out, I think. The girl took a deep breath, as she formed an aura sphere in her hand, and held it out to the target.

Colette tried to focus on her attempts to make the ability work, but every time she thought she was close, she lost a 'grip' on the Aura Sphere and sent it flying instead. The girl grit her teeth as she panted, wondering what she was doing wrong. She formed the sphere once again, gripping her right arm with her other hand for more balance, as she tried to focus on making the sphere flatter; more like a blade. She thought she saw the energy waver, but yelped out, as it was sent flying once more. She fell backward to the sand, as Kammy yelped out as well and ducked into her shell, only peeking out after the oval blast had flown overhead.

"Why can't I get this to work...?" Colette laid back all the way, and looked to the stars. For the moment, she felt a little defeated, as she felt like she had been trying for over an hour for very little results. However, she slowly pushed herself to her feet and clenched her fists. "I'm going to get better... I have to." She searched her thoughts for something that might help, but paused for a moment. Wait... maybe I should try something else. The aura wielder smiled at that, and nodded to her Wartortle. "Kammy, change of plans! If I can't figure something out, and it's annoying me..." The girl pushed her hands forward, as they began to glow with energy. "Then I'll work on something else, and come back to it!" Kammy looked at Colette in surprise, but nodded, as the water turtle began to organize training sessions among the trainer's other Pokemon.

As Alvis used Swords Dance, Sylph unleashed the Moon Blast attack at the Gallade and danced backwards. The same strategy that she had used against Aria might work here. Keep her distance, make the opponent come to her, and pepper them with attacks the whole time.

Xander watched, still grinning. "You've got this, Sylph!" He couldn't wait to see what trick Chloe and Alvis had up their sleeves to make this battle more interesting.

Chloe smiled, as she snapped her fingers. The Gallade put his arms together in an X pattern, as a barrier of energy formed from most of the existing energy swords. Alvis felt as if the energy from the Moon Blast was threatening to break through the Protect, but it still held up, and as the attack dissipated, so too did the barrier.

"Alright..." Chloe spoke for the first time during the fight, and held her hand forward, as Alvis did the same. "Are you ready? Synchronize!" Trainer and Pokemon both pulled their left arm back, as they moved their right to the side. Dashing forward with a higher speed than before, Alvis spun when close by, and attempted to slice out with Psycho Cut at the Gardevoir quickly with the energy blade he had kept, and his own elbow-blade. Meanwhile, Chloe was still performing the motions as well, a confident smile on both of their faces.

"Synchro- What?!" Xander was stunned as Alvis suddenly put on a burst of speed that he hadn't shown before. Sylphtried to step back, but was unable to avoid the Psycho Cut. While the psychic energy wasn't extremely useful against her, the physical attack still left her reeling.

She attempted to retaliate with Dazzling Gleam, but the Gallade's elbow blade hit her before she could gather the energy. Staggering back, she lost her balance and tripped over her heels. She landed hard on her back, the breath exploding from her lungs.

What was that? she thought, dazed.

"Are you alright?" Chloe called over, as Sylph appeared to take a heavy fall after the second attack. Alvis glanced between the downed Gardevoir and Chloe, but was still on guard for the moment, in case Sylph got back up with an attack. The trainer was uncertain whether to keep up the attack, but told Alvis to wait for the moment, since she didn't want to attack an opponent who was already down.

Evan's eyes widened at what he had witnessed. He had definitely not seen Chloe use something, let alone anything, like this before. From what he could see though, Chloe may have linked her mind and movements to her Gallade. Judging from how things were playing out, he bet he wasn't far off. He considered the benefits of such an ability. No delays in commands, no need to verbalize said commands, among other things most likely. The Agent looked on as Sylph had fallen, clearly in surprise at what just happened, as he wondered what would happen next....

Edited by Hades

"I'll call that a quick win for you guys, I think!" Xander grinned. "Usually, getting the opponent on the ground like that is the end of a battle for us. Sylph, you okay babe?"

The Gardevoir got up slowly. A sullen expression was written on her face as she dusted herself off. "Nothing injured but my pride, I feel. What was that?" she asked Alvis. "You moved so fast and hit so hard."

"Yeah! Synchronize? That's awesome!" Xander grinned. "You've got to teach us that!"

Chloe giggled with a small smile as the two seemed surprised and amazed by the technique. "Admittedly, I kinda learned that by accident... Basically we link minds to like 99%, and I can supply power to Alvis, I think the thing I read said?" She scratched her head, and shrugged as Alvis nodded to Sylph to back up what she was saying. "I'm not sure. It's seemed more powerful recently, though, as I've been growing more confident in my abilities, so it might be right. I basically used some of the power to move faster... I think. Still, I feel..." The girl trailed off, an uncertain look on her face. She felt like there was still something she was missing. She shook her head, though, and smiled again.

"Maybe another look at that might work to try and help out? If so, we'll use Synchro from the start." Chloe wondered if that was the extent of Sylph strength as well, but she had a suspicion that there was more to her power than had been shown so far.

IC: Jamie - Four Island

Jamie had been waiting for this moment (whereas Lucan had been thinking of ways to put it off as long as possible).

"Left-Lucan, use Ice Beam to stop the Hydro Pump," Jamie called, revealing that bit of information right off the bat.

The face of Lucan that was closer towards the beam opened his mouth and spewed forth a blue bolt to meet the Hydro Pump. As only one head was producing the beam, its power was not enough to overpower the stream of water, merely delay it, but in Jamie's eye's that was enough.

"Now, Right-Lucan, use Ice Beam to attack Omastar!"

The other face shot a similar beam over the colliding icy-light and water, towards the Omastar. Right after he did so, the Hydro Pump broke through the other Ice Beam and struck Lucan. As a result of it colliding off-center, Lucan span a bit while crying (though technically, he'd already been doing that since the Hydro Pump broke through).

IC: Miriam/Bounty/Goldhawk/President James Pierce - Hoenn Conference Place, Ever Grande City

A bead of sweat rolled down Miriam's face. She had heard of the Signs before, but she had nothing on them prepared. In fact, she had nothing on the demographics of the people who died in Castelia.

How... How did I overlook that? That tower was... No... I have no reason to believe what he's saying. That's why he changed the date. I didn't have time to consider it. Nor do I have the capability to call the bluff. I... I don't have a response.

Fortunately, someone else did.

"That is quite simple, Mr. Pierce. Hoenn should be worried, because he already took over Hoenn without them noticing. Nine months ago. When he put you in office."

The voice had come from a man wearing a suit that looked expensive enough to be called overcompensating. He had more or less rushed into the room, and yet he acted like he wasn't late. He partially failed at that because his proper position was next to Goldhawk but he had ended up next to Miriam. However, something about him, his face, his bearing, seemed smug. He looked like he'd read the ending of the latest entry in a very popular book series months before anyone else and was about to spoil the ending. And this was in light of already dropping what she knew already to be true, but unable to say.

That may have been good news, but it still rubbed her the wrong way.

"You're absurdly late, Mr. Arthur." she said quietly. She had never known him personally, but she knew of him.

James didn't recognize the woman admonishing him, but he understood the annoyance. "My apologies, I had to something to look into. And I am pretty sure you will like what I found," he responded with the same volume, so that Pierce could not overhear.

Edited by Valorous Angel Minun4

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

The Kalos trainer nodded. "Sounds good! I'll go for a round two. Sylph, think you can?"

"I didn't get hurt badly. I think that against this technique, I'll have to get mean." She smiled. "I apologize in advance, Alvis."

Xander chuckled. "So, we take our starting positions again, yeah? You use Synchronize from the get-go, we win anyways, then you show us how to use that technique?"

-==IC: Yellow==-

The Omastar winced as he felt one of his tentacles freeze up. "Don't mind it; return the favour with an Ice Beam of your own!" Yellow commanded, as she held her hand forward. The Pokemon seemed slightly more apprehensive of that fact than his trainer seemed to, but sent a beam of icy energy toward the frozen dessert Pokemon. The general temperature of the area appeared to be taking a drop despite the summer heat, thanks to all the ice moves being flung around the area, but Yellow didn't seem to take much notice.

Chloe nodded, though seemed a little uncertain about the confidence Xander was giving off. She couldn't tell if it was warranted or not, but... "Alvis, let's be careful when the fight starts back up. We don't know what they have in store for us." The Gallade simply nodded in understanding as the two took their positions once again.

Chloe breathed in, and felt her mind synchronize with Alvis' once again. The two got into their battle ready stance once again, and then nodded to Sylph and Xander. To make use of the time, they summoned a Swords Dance to start off the battle this time, and grabbed two of the swords. However, recalling what happened last time, they stayed in one place until Sylph made the first actual move this time.

IC: Xander Cruize and Sylph

Shall I? she asked Xander, her face blank. The trainer nodded, his face serious.

"Do it," he ordered calmly. Sylph seemed to glow as she unleashed a barrage of Psychic attacks directed at and around Alvis. The barrage blasted the ground, digging out divots and furrows in the earth as it struck.

Chloe and Alvis frowned as the attacks headed towards the Gallade. Chloe nodded, as Alvis vanished from the area, and appeared out of the current range of the attacks. Noting that they would not want to be hit by those attacks, the trainer directed the Gallade to go onto the offensive. Alvis attempted to dash toward the Gardevoir out of the teleport, and prepared to slash out at the first opportunity they got, keeping a Protect in mind in case he needed to be defended at close range.

This attack allowed by Blade.

Sylph had expected Alvis to teleport away from the attacks, and countered by doing the same. As Alvis lunged forward, she vanished and appeared in the devastated area he'd just left. If a barrage wouldn't work, she would have to try a different tactic.

She wrapped energy around the Gallade and flung him into the air. When he was at the apex of the arc she snapped the energy back down, slamming him into the ground with force.

Chloe winced as Alvis was slammed into the ground. She took a moment to catch her breath as Alvis stood up and looked at Sylph. Yeah, we can't take that too many times... The girl thought of an idea, and nodded slightly. The Gallade vanished, seemingly in a teleport, however, he appeared from Sylph's shadow and attempted to use a combination of Shadow Sneak and Close Combat to try and get a hit in quickly, as Chloe felt more and more determined to get this to work...

Sylph frowned, trying to find where Alvis went. She found him just before his attacks hit. She weathered them, flinching a bit. Since she had him close, however, she unleashed another barrage of psychic energy.

Xander stayed silent. Chloe and Alvis were strong, but not as strong as some opponents they'd faced. If it weren't for that Synchronization, Xander was pretty sure that Sylph would have ended this by now.

A barrier went up in an instant as Alvis quickly used Protect to block through the psychic blasts. Stronger... Chloe furrowed her brow as she tried to concentrate. She felt her focus growing stronger on the fight, as it was like her and Alvis were both blocking the attacks. We need to be stronger... The green glow appeared in her eyes, as she focused solely on the fight, and breaking through.

"Now!" Chloe yelled out, as Alvis pushed back on the barrier, intending to send the force of the psychic blasts back on the Gardevoir that summoned them. Meanwhile, energy began to radiate from Alvis for a second, before forming more into tendrils of energy from his head and shoulders, which neither seemed to notice as they were solely focused on getting through the Gardevoir's guard, and then dealing a hit.

OOC: Synchronize - Grade 2

Sylph deflected the energy being forced back at her, taking a few minor hits in the process. Stronger . . . she frowned. Alvis had just gotten more powerful. It was time to end this, before he got even more dangerous. With a growl, she attempted to wrap him in Psychic again. Rather than throwing him into the air, though, she would try to hold him in place.

Her left arm came up and she took a deep breath. She'd done this twice since leaving Kalos, and both times it had backfired, dealing damage to her as much as the enemy. Third time's the charm, she thought as she unleashed one last barrage of psychic missiles.

Chloe winced as she felt Alvis get grabbed by the psychic energy. Something didn't feel right to her. As the attack was launched, however, Alvis and Chloe both mutually made the decision to stop Synchronize, so when the attack hit, it wouldn't hurt her badly. Even still, the trainer collapsed to her knee when the power was deactivated. She put a hand to her head as she watched the last bit of the battle through swimming spots, and winced outside of having a link as Alvis collapsed to the ground after taking the psychic blasts. The girl forced herself back to her feet, as she recalled the fainted Gallade.

"Good... battle." Chloe weakly smiled, her hand still up to her head as she nodded to Xander and Sylph. She wasn't entirely sure what to really think about the result, as she had a few mixed feelings, but still smiled. "You did pretty good..." The girl winced again, however, as she frowned, a bit puzzled. Did I go too far with that last effort?

Sylph was panting as the battle ended, sweat dripping down her face. She gave a weak grin. "That was good, yes . . . You two are surprisingly resilient."

She felt the need to sit, so she sat. Xander chewed his lip and walked forward. "You girls okay? Let's get you inside to rest, sound good?"

Sylph nodded. "Please, yes. Though, standing sounds like a bad idea at the moment."

Xander nodded. "Understood. Chloe, mind if I teleport us there?"

Evan noted, during the aftermath, that Chloe definitely seemed like she had exerted herself a little much with that last burst of power. "Could it be that she doens't have the hang of it?" The Agent thought curiously. He'd have to ask her later. Meanwhile, he couldn't help but feel that Xander had seemed a tad cocky at the start of the second round. "What did you feel about that battle, Jenny?" Evan asked the red-haired girl curiously. "I feel that both sides did fine, but could have also done a lot better....."

"Alright, hold on." Xander sighed, focusing on each of the people in the group, picturing the place they needed to go, and imposing his will. There was a lurch, and they all appeared in the pokémon center. Xander stumbled a bit with a gasp at the energy that had taken from him.

He unclipped Sylph's ball from his belt, returning her before walking up to the counter.