The G2-exclusive characters’ roles in G1

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! As you know, there is something that both G1 and G2 have in common: the Toa Mata and Makuta Teridax (aside from the different names). G2 has a lot of characters that were never introduced in G1 (why not recycle some characters to feel much more classic? I get that the Toa Mata are the main protagonists to begin the story with and Makuta is the main antagonist, but more familiar people would be nice, like the Turaga and Matoran). It’s like The Amazing Spider-Man movie series in 2012 and 2014. Now, I know that both G1 and G2 are different universes, but have you ever thought that G1 having its own versions of the G2-exclusive characters and vice versa? Well, it goes like this: a character named Lockdown from Transformers: Animated (a TV show) appeared in Transformers G1 despite not first appearing there (this happened in the comics). So, here are how I think the G2 characters’ roles in G1 be: 

1. Okoto and its locals are from Spherus Magna, specifically on Aqua Magna (that could explain the organic bird in that cancelled game called Bionicle: The Legend of Mata Nui). 
2. The Okotans are a sub-species of Agori with much shorter lifespans. 
3. Umarak the Hunter, Ekimu, and the Elemental Creatures are the creations of the Great Beings. 
4. Okoto would be the inspiration of the island of Mata Nui when the Great Spirit Mata Nui was put into a coma, the Energized Protodermis leaked and then created the island, which looked like Okoto. The Great Beings must’ve thought of that for Mata Nui’s camouflage system. 
5. Ekimu’s mask making and Umarak’s role as the Hunter must’ve been ideas that the Great Beings gave to the Great Spirit when they created Matoran (Matoran mask makers in Metru Nui) and Mata Nui created people who would become the Dark Hunters. Ekimu would also be the template for Artakha, like some kind of prototype. 
6. The Elemental Creatures became templates for the Element Lords, Toa, and Rahi with elemental powers, and the Elemental Creatures’ ability to combine with people must’ve inspired the Av-Matoran’s ability to combine with Toa and Makuta. 
7. I would like to think that if Pohatu and Kopaka would somehow make the Red Star crash land on Okoto, that would be interesting. 
8. Okoto could be used as a place for some of the Great Beings to test out some of their creations. If the Great Being were to come back to Spherus Magna, they would land on that island. 
9. G2’s Mask of Time is the upper half of the mask while G1’s Mask of Time looks like the lower half. In G1, the reason why the Mask looks like the lower half of it because it’s split into two halves. During the Core War, the Great Beings were thinking about making the complete mask, but they thought that it’s too dangerous, but they split the materials for it into two piles, each for one of the halves of the mask to lessen the risk of destroying the Matoran Universe, as the Mask cannot do the destruction when in non-broken halves. They used the first pile to make the upper half and then put it in Okoto for safekeeping. They never used the second pile because the Shattering was coming near, so they gave Artakha the pile. After the shattering, he was concerned about the mask, too, as both the Great Beings and Artakha knew that whether the mask is complete or come in non-broken halves, it could still destroy the Matoran Universe, so he decided to use the pile to make the Great Disks to even lessen the risk more. 

So, there. Anyone thought about this?

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

2 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

(why not recycle some characters to feel much more classic? I get that the Toa Mata are the main protagonists to begin the story with and Makuta is the main antagonist, but more familiar people would be nice, like the Turaga and Matoran)

Because a new iteration of an IP shouldn't be literally the same thing a second time. It's what's wrong with all these garbo Disney reboots; they're just the same movie again for no good reason.

Now, I know that both G1 and G2 are different universes, but have you ever thought that G1 having its own versions of the G2-exclusive characters and vice versa?

No.

Well, it goes like this: a character named Lockdown from Transformers: Animated (a TV show) appeared in Transformers G1 despite not first appearing there (this happened in the comics).

Yes, because Lockdown was cool and people liked him, so he was inserted into the IDW continuity. None of G2's characters are as memorable, well-written, or popular as TFA Lockdown. In fact, the character component was possibly the weakest part of G2, where it was actually one of the strongest aspects of TFA. On top of that, TF G1 still has story material being made based around it; the same cannot be said for Bionicle, so aside from the potential canonization contests Greg may hold in the future, there's no real point in just slapping more lore on it without due cause.

1. Okoto and its locals are from Spherus Magna, specifically on Aqua Magna (that could explain the organic bird in that cancelled game called Bionicle: The Legend of Mata Nui). 
2. The Okotans are a sub-species of Agori with much shorter lifespans. 

Why? We have the Matoran, Agori, and Kestora; we don't need more species of colorful short guys in G1 lore.

3. Umarak the Hunter, Ekimu, and the Elemental Creatures are the creations of the Great Beings. 

Why? What purpose do they serve? What do they add to the lore? Who cares about these specific characters enough to want them in G1? Again, Lockdown made it into the IDW continuity because he was just that popular.

4. Okoto would be the inspiration of the island of Mata Nui when the Great Spirit Mata Nui was put into a coma, the Energized Protodermis leaked and then created the island, which looked like Okoto. The Great Beings must’ve thought of that for Mata Nui’s camouflage system. 

Or--and this makes more sense--Mata Nui is shaped the way it is because that's how Metru Nui is shaped. The GBs don't need inspiration for a buncha island shapes; there's a bajillion islands in the GSR that DON'T look like Okoto, or any other island we know of, for that matter.

3 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

5. Ekimu’s mask making and Umarak’s role as the Hunter must’ve been ideas that the Great Beings gave to the Great Spirit when they created Matoran (Matoran mask makers in Metru Nui) and Mata Nui created people who would become the Dark Hunters. Ekimu would also be the template for Artakha, like some kind of prototype. 

Or the GBs are eccentric nerds who just made stuff in the GSR because they thought it was cool. None of this adds anything to existing canon. Umarak doesn't even have any logical connection to the DH's--one's a single guy who hangs out in the shadows and hunts endangered animals, the other is a band of mercenaries with an edgy name.

6. The Elemental Creatures became templates for the Element Lords, Toa, and Rahi with elemental powers, and the Elemental Creatures’ ability to combine with people must’ve inspired the Av-Matoran’s ability to combine with Toa and Makuta. 

Why did they need a template? HOW would they be templates? The ELs are humanoid, and they don't even correspond to all the same elements. And the Av-Matoran ability to snap to larger beings' backs seems to be a total accident, not an intentional choice by the GBs.

7. I would like to think that if Pohatu and Kopaka would somehow make the Red Star crash land on Okoto, that would be interesting. 

Here's a better idea: we DON'T contrive needless plot threads and overcomplications to overcomplicated lore and just have them land in some existing area we already know is gonna be a problem, like the DH's new HQ or something. Then you can answer some questions about what known characters have done to cope with the end to the war and the destruction of the GSR.

8. Okoto could be used as a place for some of the Great Beings to test out some of their creations. If the Great Being were to come back to Spherus Magna, they would land on that island. 

That makes too much sense for the GBs to do anything of the sort. These are the Great-stinkin'-Beings we're talking about. You think they'd select a testing ground for their experiments instead of just going wild?

9. G2’s Mask of Time is the upper half of the mask while G1’s Mask of Time looks like the lower half. In G1, the reason why the Mask looks like the lower half of it because it’s split into two halves. During the Core War, the Great Beings were thinking about making the complete mask, but they thought that it’s too dangerous, but they split the materials for it into two piles, each for one of the halves of the mask to lessen the risk of destroying the Matoran Universe, as the Mask cannot do the destruction when in non-broken halves. They used the first pile to make the upper half and then put it in Okoto for safekeeping. They never used the second pile because the Shattering was coming near, so they gave Artakha the pile. After the shattering, he was concerned about the mask, too, as both the Great Beings and Artakha knew that whether the mask is complete or come in non-broken halves, it could still destroy the Matoran Universe, so he decided to use the pile to make the Great Disks to even lessen the risk more.

There was no Vahi before Vakama made it, so you're saying he just HAPPENED to make the mask to act as the perfect bottom half to the top half the GBs ALREADY designed? Artakha apparently didn't make the disks with the intention of forging the Vahi in the first place, so this idea falls flat in general. In fact, the Vahi's story importance up to its inception revolves around the uncertainty of its feasibility and plans around making it for the first time, so you're undercutting that with this idea of yours.

• Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I have to second Kek's opinions. If you ask me, G2 belongs as far away from G1 as it does from HF.

(Which, just to be clear, is far.)

• Like 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I thought this thread would be about how characters from the reboot like Izotor and Harvali could be worked into the original lore. Granted, I never payed attention to the reboot, but wouldn't they just be normal matoran of Ice and Air, respectively? As I recall, there were also elemental entities on Mata Nui and the Matoran Universe, like the Vatuka and the fire creature Vakama fights. This isn't strictly canon, but there is a lot of concept art of the original toa fighting said elemental creatures, showing that, at the very least, the basic concept existed.