Okay, so recently, I've been having some problems with LEGO Digital Designer 4.2.5. It was working fine when I updated it on Wednesday (Jan. 25 2012). But since yesterday (Jan. 28 2012) I've been seeing this when I load it up:lddissue1.pngAs you can see, all my recent models are broken. When I load up a creation, I see this:lddissue2.pngWhenever I try to place one of these broken bricks into the creation, they import successfully, but are invisible.Stuff I've tried:-Reinstalling (Three times now)-Restarting my computer-Running in Compatibility ModeNone of the above have worked. Please help!(If relevant, my OS is Windows Vista)

Edited by JacKiril: Eternal Flame

mlfw1826_medium.jpg

Brony, HERO Factory fan, BIONICLE fan, artist, writer... I'm an extraordinary guy.

Looks like some of the components got removed or are corrupt. Try reinstalling it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Try completely uninstalling the program, then reinstalling it.Does it happen with everything, or just your recent models? And does it happen just when you click on it from that welcome screen, or does it happen from the File>Open box as well?

banner.jpg

Try completely uninstalling the program, then reinstalling it.Does it happen with everything, or just your recent models? And does it happen just when you click on it from that welcome screen, or does it happen from the File>Open box as well?

Happens in all those circumstances. And it's not just my recent models. Everything.And what do you mean by 'completely uninstalling it'? I've tried reinstalling it countless times and no dice.(Don't mean to sound rude by the way, thanks for the feedback) Edited by JacKiril: Eternal Flame

mlfw1826_medium.jpg

Brony, HERO Factory fan, BIONICLE fan, artist, writer... I'm an extraordinary guy.

Have you tried Safe Mode, because if that doesn't work, go ahead and reinstall LDD and file a report with LEGO Customer Service.This is what I'm getting:20120129-302PM.pngOS: Windows 8 Developer Preview 32 bit Evaluation Copy. Build 8102.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Have you tried Safe Mode, because if that doesn't work, go ahead and reinstall LDD and file a report with LEGO Customer Service.This is what I'm getting:-snip-OS: Windows 8 Developer Preview 32 bit Evaluation Copy. Build 8102.

Tried. Neither works, sadly.

mlfw1826_medium.jpg

That's strange. And you've uninstalled it and reinstalled it? Hmm. I'd say file a report with LEGO Customer service then. :

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Completely uninstall=delete LDD from the Program FilesOr just use the uninstaller.--CV

Tried. Failed.*sigh*Nothing I've done's worked. What could I have done? I don't recall doing anything that could've broken it.The last thing I did before it broke was import it into my Steam games library, but I don't see why that'd break it.It crashed on Startup, but it's done that plenty of times before then and it was fine then. Edited by JacKiril: Eternal Flame

mlfw1826_medium.jpg

Completely uninstall=delete LDD from the Program FilesOr just use the uninstaller.--CV

Tried. Failed.*sigh*Nothing I've done's worked. What could I have done? I don't recall doing anything that could've broken it.The last thing I did before it broke was import it into my Steam games library, but I don't see why that'd break it.It crashed on Startup, but it's done that plenty of times before then and it was fine then.
That doesn't make sense. There still is a copy of it in C:Program FilesLEGO Company right?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Tried. Failed.*sigh*Nothing I've done's worked. What could I have done? I don't recall doing anything that could've broken it.The last thing I did before it broke was import it into my Steam games library, but I don't see why that'd break it.It crashed on Startup, but it's done that plenty of times before then and it was fine then.
That doesn't make sense. There still is a copy of it in C:Program FilesLEGO Company right?
Exactly what I did:Deleted C:Program FilesLEGO Company (LDD is the only LEGO thing I have installed ATM so it's no worry)Deleted LEGO Creations from My Documents (After backing them up, of course)ReinstalledStill no worky. :

mlfw1826_medium.jpg

Glad you got it working.For future reference JacKiril, simply edit your first post when you have an update, and just use the report button to request a topic closure. You always want to avoid double-posting in this forum.Thread closed.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]