Lotr Project Preview: The Fellowship

Nuju Metru

In lieu of LEGO's recently released images of their nine Fellowship of the Ring minifigures, my hand has been forced. Hence, this preview! Here are my figures of the Fellowship - all of which were designed, if not completed, before LEGO's announcement that they would be making LOTR sets. (To those of you who aren't yet aware, I ironically assigned myself the project of designing full LOTR sets this past summer. After I'd already funneled away lots of time and money towards this end, lo and behold, LEGO goes and declares their intent to do exactly the same... since I can't think of any way out but forward, my project continues). There were a number of really interesting (and now evident) parallels between my and and LEGO's minifigure design processes, which of course serves to bug me a bit...But enough whining about unfortunate coincidence. Here's my Fellowship!6819360957_0b0c91fb75_z.jpg(Flickr Set for more pics and other previews)More detailed photos, and the photos of the complete Fellowship of the Ring sets are forthcoming! Thanks for viewing!

test2.png

Dude, I know I already told you this, but those are awesome! Yes, I can see similarities with Lego's official batch, but that just shows that you put as much effort into their designs. While the larger figs are cool (luv Gandalf's staff) I really like how you managed to give each of the hobbits personality.Excelent job, and I can't wait to see your full lineup of Fellowship sets. :D:music:

Nice,except the collectable minifigure Elf ears don't go well with LEGOlas-yellow ears and flesh head.Everything else is good,except that Gimli's helmet doesn't look like the one from the movies.Maybe using one of the Dwarf helmets from Castle?-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Nice,except the collectable minifigure Elf ears don't go well with LEGOlas-yellow ears and flesh head.Everything else is good,except that Gimli's helmet doesn't look like the one from the movies.Maybe using one of the Dwarf helmets from Castle?-CDP

The elf ears are actually painted flesh-colored; it's hard to tell in this picture, but they aren't yellow. As for Gimli's helmet, I found this one to be more accurate than the castle ones.

test2.png

Well, on the upside, you already have all the cool figs, while the rest of us have to wait for the official sets, like soldiers of Gondor waiting for Sauron's strike to fall...Ok, enough referencing. Amazing job! Boromir looks especially cool here. You need to show Aragorn a bit more though ^^ But yeah, everything I see here is top-notch. Can't wait to see what sets you'll come up with.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png