Sumiki

Brickeens

I feel it is only appropriate that I comment here.It's fantastic artwork. It's a lot more simplistic than your previous drawings, such as the ones displayed at BrickFair '11, but that's not a bad thing - it's just a different style, and I'm actually kind of digging it. I can imagine this as a set much more than I could previous depictions, for some reason.I really like the way you depicted my left (injured) leg. It gives off the vibe of this twisted, deformed sheet metal or something.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Really awesome. It's simpler than your other drawings, but I like it. It adds a "comic-book" style to it. However, I would do more with the mouth, it looks a bit like he's got his mouth in the shape of in "O". I like the fact that he's holding one of his disks. When I first saw the character on your blog (not this one, the first one you ever posted), I thought they were tubes from his neck to his back. I still kinda see him that way.The "patched up" look is great, especially the left leg. It looks like it was hit by something that sheered away the metal. The top of the "tear" also looks vaguely organic, giving the impression of uncovered organic tissue.This is great.

@Sumiks: Thanks! Glad you like it.@Paleo: Oh yeah, I forgot to include the grill on the mouthguard. It does look odd left like that.On the style, this is actually drawn in the same style as all my other pictures. What's actually different is that I inked this, and then erased the sketch lines, which leaves the drawing looking a lot cleaner. As far as detail goes, this is just as detailed as my other drawings. The others are just full of extra lines.Thanks!

I really really enjoy your art style. It's slightly abstract, yet set-like... and most important, it works.Something I'd love to see from you someday would be a fully coloured pic. (maybe as a challenge or something).The proportions are fine, the pose is too. It's a bit static, but that's okay.Overall, it's a really great drawing. ^_^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I really really enjoy your art style. It's slightly abstract, yet set-like... and most important, it works.Something I'd love to see from you someday would be a fully coloured pic. (maybe as a challenge or something).The proportions are fine, the pose is too. It's a bit static, but that's okay.Overall, it's a really great drawing. ^_^

Actually, to be honest, it kind of (kind of!) looks like your style. :DThe style is really cool in general, but Sumiki's head looks a little.... err..... dented. <_<

beta.png

COMING SOON

I really really enjoy your art style. It's slightly abstract, yet set-like... and most important, it works. Something I'd love to see from you someday would be a fully coloured pic. (maybe as a challenge or something).The proportions are fine, the pose is too. It's a bit static, but that's okay.Overall, it's a really great drawing. ^_^

Thanks very much, Taka. And yes, I should definitely do a colored picture. Yeah, the pose is a bit boring. I should really draw things in more interesting positions.Thanks again!

The style is really cool in general, but Sumiki's head looks a little.... err..... dented. <_<

Thanks, but where does his head look dented? Edited by Brickeens