King Mathias and His Royal Guard

BrickPharaoh

52671673100_37b99d7845_z.jpg

King Mathias and His Royal Guard by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

"At long last, His Majesty is crowned! Long may He reign!"

Initially built as a spiritual continuation of the Knights Kingdom 2018 collab, this build has now been assimilated into my UK 2022 convention lineup. My display was called: CCBS Kingdom Figures. The build started off with a janky looking prototype of King Mathias, where the challenge was to sort out the appearance of the shoulders. Once I had the concept figured out, I trialled several iterations before I was happy with the end result. The throne draft came together thanks to a spontaneous handful of visits to my local PAB wall and some yet-to-be-sorted BL orders. It was left at 70% done in early 2021, when I first posted an earlier version of this design. Then in 2022, in the week before my first UK Brick Festival (May 2022), I hashed out the Royal Guards, which I aimed to keep simple yet detailed. Finally, the base, initially coming together during one of the slower events I was displaying at, was used to incorporate the entire build. Again, another spontaneous PAB wall visit was the source of all the white tiles I came to possess.

Overall I am quite happy with the end result, and will be taking this along to some more 2023 shows before retiring it for next year. I would send it along to the US convention circuit but I don't think it's too feasible for me right now.

Here's a link to an Instagram Reel to show you a full 360 view!

:tohu:

Edited by BrickPharaoh
fixing title typo
  • Like 3

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• BrickPharaoh changed the title to King Mathias and His Royal Guard