Good Or Evil?

Mr. House

To all the fiction writers out there, which alignment is more fun to write/RP?I personally prefer evil/anarchistic characters. I guess I developed a taste for them during the the Locus Abeo saga in the BZPRPG.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Evil are fun because many like to side with the mysterious darkness and complex character deficiencies that lead one to that state or alignment. Or people like to do bad things.Good is harder, since to make an interesting story and character, one cannot just "fight everything evil because he is on the good side." Building up the moral conflicts, character defects, and presenting opportunities for them to overcome themselves and grow. As for neutral, very difficult. Mainly can be viewed as side characters who are active in the story, yet weigh both sides.Personally, I prefer the antagonist or an-hero.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I find that evil characters tend to be more interesting simply because they usually have quirks and flaws that otherwise wouldn't be included in a character. Take my character Greed in last year's BZPRPG: he was interesting because he was always focused in himself, regardless of circumstance. His character flaw made him fun to play and to read about.On the other hand, good characters are often less interesting because they tend towards being stereotypical. Too many people try to make their good characters "too good" by removing all flaws, and this makes for a static, bland character. Creating a good character with a credible reason for being good is what makes for an interesting character. As Tahu Nuva 3.0 said, one cannot just "fight everything evil because he is on the good side." Good characters need to have flaws and conflicts to overcome, otherwise they are no longer relatable.Take my character Kyara for example. She's good partly because that's who she is, but also because she is tormented by the memory of a day she lost control of her powers and incinerated a village of Matoran. She's good because she desperately wants to atone for the murder of so many innocent people. That's a lot more interesting than a Toa who just goes around being good for the sake of being good.To sum it up, both types of characters can be interesting, but whether or not they are interesting rests solely in the execution of why they are affiliated with their chosen set of morals. Evil characters are, in general, easier to make than good characters, but both can be rewarding to write and play.