Good Or Evil?

Fantasia

Good or Evil?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Writing about a character with some mix between the two would be the most interesting for me... which isn't necessarily the same thing as being neutral.But there's a lot more to a character than whether they are good or evil... being purely an archetype of either would be boring. edit: So far the vote is tied 5-5 between evil and neutral. No surprise there. Why do we have good characters again? :P ~QMark

Edited by QuestionMark

le-koro_concert.png

Talking Over an Ocean - Hahli and Amaya are best friends.

Evil, by far.There's just something I like about writing for evil characters.I've noticed, personally, that evil characters are often more unique than heroes, as heroes tend to come off a particular 'template'. Not saying that there aren't villains who are just plain villains, just saying I've noticed more unique villains than unique heroes.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

well i must say i find it funner to write about neutral characters since they can usually be swayed to either the good side or evil side. i must say see the dark hunters as a neutral party. the reason i say this is that they will fight on either side depending on who pays the most. now i must say if the dark hunters had not been pushed into a partner ship with the OoMN i think it would have been interesting to have the shadowed one send some dark hunter to help the brother hood for the right price and send some dark hunters to the OoMN for the right price then the dark hunters would be on both sides of the was. just a little theory i had,

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I love villains and antagonists. They're so much more compelling to write for because I feel they usually have a lot more room to move. Why are they evil? What are their motives? What to they hope to achieve? How do they react to others?Whereas with heroes, they're kinda just "well, we gotta stop the bad guys 'cause what they do affects us somehow..." That's not to say heroes are dull, persay, but I just think that a hero is only as interesting as his villain.

plop

Oh, without a doubt neutral. In The Best Kept Secrets, the characters I enjoy writing for most and developing are Xavor and Zhorya. Being neutral offers an external view on the plot, with characters who aren't interested either way. They then have their own motives for getting involved and intervening, and are never guided by morality.Of course, I don't believe in the concepts of good or evil anyway, so all my characters can be considered neutral. I purposefully have "good" characters committing acts of atrocity and "evil" characters displaying acts of kindness towards others. There are no villains or heroes in life, only what the viewers perspective sees.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I voted "neutral" -- but I mean "morally questionable." Neutral is the wrong word, IMO, as it implies they don't care about anything, they're just around. Makes them sound boring, but a morally questionable character definately cares about things, and might do whatever it takes to get their goals, but isn't clearly evil. But... might be. :evilgrin:I like writing about all kinds of characters though -- and good need not be boring because they still have flaws and make mistakes, and sometimes do the wrong thing -- for the wrong reason. Same goes for evil; they need not be predictable either. But morally questionable enables me to make the character a mystery in any way I want to. And the element of mystery is what to me makes stories the most fun.In my current epic Endless Blue for example my favorite character to write about was the one nicknamed Toggler, probably the epitome of "morally questionable" I've written so far. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

All three are fun to right about. Here are the reasons why.Bad guy- Evil guys have a darker past and there darker past is fun to write about.Neutral guys- They offer more freedom to right about.Good guys- With these guys u can write about more heroic happenings with them.

Edited by TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 2.0

• 3 weeks later...

Gray is infinitely more intriguing, infinitely more realistic, infinitely deeper, and infinitely more fun than either good or evil. These have their points as well, of course, as do inherently good with a few evil attributes and inherently evil with a few good attributes, the latter two being the type of character I prefer to write about. But neutral was the closest choice.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?