i am not happy with Nintendo currently, if you know what pokedroid is (was) you know why.so i am not interested, plus its expensive, and i haven't played my ds much since that incident

Edited by bumblebee

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

The Kingdom Hearts game will definitely be intriguing; and will be my first game that I play from that series. Hopefully it's friendly to new players, though I know most of the story of the others; enough to not be too confused. =P

Yeah you said it brother.I don't think I'll be getting a 3DS. I tried a demo one out once, and it hurts my eyes to look at it.

Xemnas: You can turn off the 3D effect, or choose how strong the effect is... That's what the slider's for. I'd recommend giving it another shot, since demo units tend to be slightly awkward to use anyway, especially for something like the 3DS that has a pre-determined distance that you can view the screen at best.

I almost bought a 3DS until I played one, the 3D effect gave me a bit of a headache after a few minutes. And without the 3D, it's really just a DS with a different game lineup. That said, there's quite a few games coming out I'd love to play. Paper Mario, SSB, etc. I might end up having to buy one once they all start coming out. Speaking of which, does Paper Mario 3DS even have an expected release date yet?

kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: ImaGonnaGetYou

There's really now reason to own a 3DS now unless you don't own LoZ:OoT or SF64 or an older DS/DSi model, but I got mine right at the price drop and don't regret it one bit. I have DoA: Dimensions, but don't play it that much, but I love playing my older DS games on it, they look so crisp on the original resolution... I mainly got mine to beat the Holiday rush, really want to get Mario Kart 7 on release (I've done that with every MK Since Super Circuit), and I want to pick up a copy of Devil Survivor... I'm also looking forwards to a lot of games next year... Also: anyone have BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II? I'm just wondering if It's as bad as they say... I've played Calamity Trigger on both XBox and PSP and liked the XBox one better (controls were far superior), so I'm thinking of getting the PS3 version of CS, but then I'd have to spend some extra money on the DLC included in CSII, just wondering about the controls/gameplay, otherwise I might pick it up...

I'll invest in one once they bring the GBA game slot back. :P

Yeah, though I kind of want to just get a GBA, since the DS can't connect to a Gamecube. I'll probably just stick with my original plan and buy a DS, (if I don't have sufficient funds by then,) then when I have sufficient funds (aka a job,) buy a GBA, then trade in the DS and get a 3DS. I'd probably buy the GBA before the 3DS, but it's not worth it just to connect to the gamecube (which I'd only use for Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the Gamecube, and only for the tiny chao garden.)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I'll invest in one once they bring the GBA game slot back. :P

Yeah, though I kind of want to just get a GBA, since the DS can't connect to a Gamecube. I'll probably just stick with my original plan and buy a DS, (if I don't have sufficient funds by then,) then when I have sufficient funds (aka a job,) buy a GBA, then trade in the DS and get a 3DS. I'd probably buy the GBA before the 3DS, but it's not worth it just to connect to the gamecube (which I'd only use for Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the Gamecube, and only for the tiny chao garden.)
Aren't they selling GBA games through the 3DS's online store? Because if they are, they'll never bring the GBA slot back because they'd lose a ton of potential profit.
kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

They're already losIng money. :PMaybe if they brought the GBA slot back, they'd make money.

Expecting them to put a GBA slot in the 3DS is like expecting them to put a slot for N64 cartridges on the Wii. The same goes for expecting the Wii U to have Gamecube compatibility. Nintendo's consoles are backwards-compatible with the previous generation of console, not earlier. That's why they make games from two generations ago available to download for a minimal price. Get over it. :t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

I say currently its worth it if they dont make a "3DS Lite" I can put so much videogame music on that thing... And the 3D doesnt bother me most of the time. Although the current line up isnt that great Super Mario 3D land and Mario Kart 7 make it almost a good current line up IMO.And, the 3DS does not have any GBA games excluding the 10 ambassadors got. Hoping for Oracle of Ages/Seasons on 3DS.... ~PowerMiner~

They're already losIng money. :PMaybe if they brought the GBA slot back, they'd make money.

That would probably make current customers angry, and it wouldn't drive sales enough to turn a decent profit (I haven't met a person who doesn't use an emulator for anything pre-DS) If Gameboy Advance games were still being produced, it would be an entirely different story, but game companies only keep their hardware backwards compatible to a certain point to milk as much as they can out of their last generation. Now that the GBA is ancient history as far as the game industry is concerned, there won't be a GBA slot unless they're pandering to Nintendo superfans who more than likely already own a 3DS and every Nintendo handheld before it. A less speculative point on why they won't being that they've already dumped enormous amounts of cash into the 3DS as it is, and making changes to the existing hardware (making it bulkier and adding more parts as well) would make them lose even more money per sale on top of the money they'd spend planning, prototyping, and producing. I don't know why I typed all of that but I feel it'd be a waste to delete it. But tl;dr Nintendo puts backwards compatibility at the bottom of its list of priorities. More news at 11.
kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

Expecting them to put a GBA slot in the 3DS is like expecting them to put a slot for N64 cartridges on the Wii. The same goes for expecting the Wii U to have Gamecube compatibility. Nintendo's consoles are backwards-compatible with the previous generation of console, not earlier. That's why they make games from two generations ago available to download for a minimal price. Get over it. :t::b::3:
... Who said I wasn't over it?I don't really care if they do or do not. Like I said before, I'll probably get a vita.

They're already losIng money. :P Maybe if they brought the GBA slot back, they'd make money.

Except there's no reason the Wii U shouldn't be able to use Gamecube games, since it's disk based, unlike the N64 games.And honestly, it comes down to Nintendo wanting to make a little more money on their handhelds by cutting a feature, and then making a lot more money by selling the ability to use those games via a shop.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

• 1 month later...

That reminds me, I need to get the preview video for that.Interesting concept, and I'm awaiting it, as I only played like two seconds of the original, since I never had a Gamecube. =P I wonder if that'll use the Slide Pad Expansion? You have to admit, it'd likely make things slightly easier, since I heard about the C Stick being used for the vacuum in the original.

I hope not. I do not want to purchase the Circle Pad Pro.

Although the current line up isnt that great Super Mario 3D land and Mario Kart 7 make it almost a good current line up IMO.And, the 3DS does not have any GBA games excluding the 10 ambassadors got.

Actually, we are STILL waiting for those GBA games. The full list of games has yet to even be announced.