Small Red Rahi Moc

PooZy

tadaaaspider1.png_thumb.jpgUndersideBackIn chainsSideIt's a very simple moc, I'm waiting for the snow to melt so I can take pics of my larger stuff outside.The design is very simple and sturdy, there are spaces on the body that allow for chains to be added (or anything else).it's a spider! Only four legs because I couldn't fit eight on the small body :CEdit: Image thumbnailed due to file size. Please keep images in BBC to 100 kB.Click on the thumbnail to view the original image.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

sigpic2.png

wow so small yet so vicious looking. may i ask what piece you used as the main body? reason i ask is i cannot identify it.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

wow so small yet so vicious looking. may i ask what piece you used as the main body? reason i ask is i cannot identify it.

The main body is just two of those 2x plastic tube/sheath pieces that you get in a lot of technic sets
yeah i kinda of figured it out after i looked at a different angle.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I like this. It's cute, and has an overall nice build.From what I can tell, there's a small axle running horizontally underneath the Metru red Rahkshi head. That tiny little portion just feels like it's missing something ... some mini-mandibles? An eye or two?You may want to expand the concept to an eight-legged arachnid. I think the sac on its backside really helps to evoke the "spider-like" sense, and four legs doesn't do it justice.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I like this. It's cute, and has an overall nice build.From what I can tell, there's a small axle running horizontally underneath the Metru red Rahkshi head. That tiny little portion just feels like it's missing something ... some mini-mandibles? An eye or two?You may want to expand the concept to an eight-legged arachnid. I think the sac on its backside really helps to evoke the "spider-like" sense, and four legs doesn't do it justice.

I'd love to give it some more legs, but I can't fit them on unless I make the whole design larger to accommodate for them :{Also the space under the Rahkshi head isn't an axel so I can't fit any eyes in, unless ofc there was some other piece I could use instead - I'll have to do some routing around.

sigpic2.png

This is the kind of design that makes me want to immediately go dump out my BIONICLE pieces and start building (in the hope that I might be able to create something half as good :P ).Seriously, this is amazing. The shape of the body looks so organic, like the creature is preparing to pounce (a Jumping Spider?). It's also nice to see someone put some serious effort into constructing a well-built rahi MOC. A lot of people try really hard on humanoids then just stick a few Vahki limbs onto a torso when making animals.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

Aww it's so cuteAnyways, nice use of parts and good aesthetics. It's only got four legs, but then again, so did the Visorak, Fenrakk, etc. It's a shame that I can't go into specifics, because judging bits of it alone that are innovative ignores how well everything looks together. I think the major flaws would be the mandibles, that look less nice and kind of lazy, and the proportions of thorax and abdomen

aouROFb.png

That's actually awesome! Well done sir.Great job on the shaping and the pose: the upwards slant really suits the insectoid nature of it. Also, the Rahkshi head was an excellent choice for a head. The small holes look a lot like eyes.Cool MOC, definitely caught my attention :D-FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

I always love simple MOCs that are being well managedthis looks really nice, i kinda agree with sumiki about making it eight legged, and you also create the whole body really well although i didn't see the rakhshi head's hole like an eye like felix did, :dontgetit: , anyway, still a nice MOC, my suggesion is try to make the stomach (or whatever you call it in biology) a bit bigger and rounder, (i'm reffering to that part with red nuva shoulder on it), other than that i didn't see any problem with this thing, somehow his no-eye state doesn't bother me at all :P

Wow, very well done. In regard to making it have eight legs, you could elect to use system/Technic, instead of Bionicle/Technic. Using droid torsos and/or limbs, perhaps some half-width lift arms, etc. you could have eight smaller legs attached via four connections on each side. There seems to be enough room, too.However, you may not have the pieces or the means to get them, so I think four is fine. Maybe some more articulation in those four, and without the grey, would be better. Yet overall, this is an excellent little MOC that reminds me of those little spiders that used the Pakari and Onua claws. I want to build it!Also this could be Fenrakk before he became so big.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva