Best BIONICLE Ambiance?

I remember playing MNOG and intentionally playing slowly so that I could listen to the music as long as possible. The Le-Koro journey, before Taipu gets kidnapped by the Nui-Rama, is the main scene I wanted to last longer. Some of the music, like the Toa before going to confront Makuta, takes so long to really get going that, if you click through without waiting, you'll miss the best beats altogether.

The 2007 BIONICLEstory.com music, though, was probably the most relaxing to me. I'd just vibe in my room and keep it open in the background. It sounded so relaxing and underwater.

I guess as an honorable mention, the music in the G2 "The Legend" video was also pretty relaxing, if a little forgettable.

If anyone has the Bohrok-Kal CDs, their music sounded epic and mysterious as well, and was an aesthetic for BIONICLE that was not drawn upon later.

• Like 4

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the Le-Koro music is super good towards the end. But my absolute favorite must be "the old fusa path" from MNOG 2. It is verry similar to the music that plays during the little cutszenes from MNOG 1 at the end, where you make your way to the Kini-Nui and every member of your team helps in a different cutszene. I love the sond of both, but the old fusa path is way more relaxing and loops, so you can hear it as much as you want. I downloaded the music from BioMediaProject and listend to this song for almost an hour at a time.

Edited by IgnikaTV
  • Like 1

I think my favorite is the Chronicler's Company music (Journey to Kini-Nui) from MNOG - that always comes to mind in terms of BIONICLE ambiance. Mostly stuff from those early flash movies as well for the Bohrok and Kal.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

1 hour ago, T.B.O.C said:

I think my favorite is the Chronicler's Company music (Journey to Kini-Nui) from MNOG - that always comes to mind in terms of BIONICLE ambiance. Mostly stuff from those early flash movies as well for the Bohrok and Kal.

Good choice. I believe the Chronicler's Company cues were reused (isolated) for the long walking sections in MNOG II, and I thought they fit that role just as well.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

On 6/19/2023 at 4:42 AM, Master Inika said:

Good choice. I believe the Chronicler's Company cues were reused (isolated) for the long walking sections in MNOG II, and I thought they fit that role just as well.

See, for YEARS I swore I'd heard it in something else, but wasn't sure. I played MNOG II a lot as a child but didn't get anywhere with it (mostly on account of being like 5), so I spent a ton of time around Ga-Koro and some of the little walkways around. Glad to hear I was actually remembering correctly.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

• 3 weeks later...

I know my favourite was one of the Onu-Koro ones. Took me a minute to place exactly where it fit in the game, I wanted to say it was the one that plays near the Le-Koro dig site, but I couldn't remember for sure. I just went looking on YouTube though, and found it again - yes, this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yy8u-D0Ud0

It's always been one of my favourites, it's just... such a great ambiance piece, I really like it.

• Upvote 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 1:52 PM, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I know my favourite was one of the Onu-Koro ones. Took me a minute to place exactly where it fit in the game, I wanted to say it was the one that plays near the Le-Koro dig site, but I couldn't remember for sure. I just went looking on YouTube though, and found it again - yes, this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yy8u-D0Ud0

It's always been one of my favourites, it's just... such a great ambiance piece, I really like it.

Yeah, thats also one of my favorites, the first half is just mythical and a little unsettling, but the second part just is so relaxing and really pulls you into a world of fantasie. And its just really fiting for its place in the story.