are you a collector or a mocist?

I am literally non of both. I'm trash at mocing and I don't possess many Bionicle products. I am only a fan because of the story and the cool community. I enjoy hanging around and watching what the fandom is up to and not really participate in anything important. But the rarest Item I own is probably one of those infected Tahu-Nuva Masks that came only in the bundle with all 3 books from 2003. I just found it in my bow full of pieces and didn't even know that it had any worth at all.

I think I have a foto:

20230614_202826.jpg

Edited by IgnikaTV
I misspelled something
  • Like 1

Collector. I know this is a somewhat abrasive statement, but MOC's always seemed stupid to me. I realize that's a wild statement from an adult who collects Legos ("What? you BUILD with them? what are you, 12? You're supposed to put them in a drawer and only discuss them.") 

There's something psychological for me about finishing a collection of something I have nostalgia for. Like, so much stuff is out of my control, but this 259 kraata grid looks complete, so its one thing I have control over. Never really valued the aesthetics of builds. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 11:30 AM, IgnikaTV said:

I just found it in my bow full of pieces and didn't even know that it had any worth at all.

cool! those are worth about 10$

On 6/14/2023 at 11:30 AM, IgnikaTV said:

I'm trash at mocing

PRACTICE! I was bad and 7 months later I'm much better. Best of luck!

1 hour ago, The Archivist said:

finishing a collection of something

yeah I can feel you. I got the 6 bohrok and I'm just so proud of them for no reason. 

1 hour ago, The Archivist said:

259 kraata grid

do you have the shoes kraata?

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif

Collector for sure. I never seriously moc'ed when I was younger, and don't have any time for it now unfortunately. I'll occasionally play around with parts when I have some free time though. I very much like to see MOCs though! I feel like I see tons of really inventive and creative new ones often now, which I really enjoy. It would be fun to get better with for sure! I need to take inventory of all the new fun parts that have been invented in the past few years though - I find myself quite unfamiliar with them at times.

As for rarity? I guess prototype coloration parts are my genuine rarest. I believ e I've talked about them a few times, so pics below. Won them in a raffle here on BZP about 13 years ago. Crazy how time flies.

image.thumb.jpeg.680283c177b4b688809179257ad392f7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8d7cd9606e9612e45cfef00e66736d95.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.267f963d2481d65d302b9ab7e58c1bde.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2e06ec5c362836a07cb0543fc19cb86c.jpeg

Other than that - not too sure? I have two European misprints, but I hardly count those as rare. Red Ruru and Brown Matatu - and not even gotten for terrible prices! The other stuff that might be considered rare are just harder to find sets. CIB Kardas, Ultimate Dume, Voporak, Icarax, Karzahni, Lesovikk, etc... Besides a small handful of sets that are missing boxes, I maintain a CIB collection, which I know isn't always too common. Do complete collectible collections count? I have all the original 72 Kanohi and all 72 Krana.

I also have a short mold Tahnok foot. Don't think that's rare per-se, but it I haven't seen short molds of near any part commonly (besides that pearl light blue Toa foot in one of the parts canister sets).

• Like 1

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I'm retired buyer but not a builder. I did modify certain sets such as adding a axle that fixed a fatal flaw in Kopaka Uniter shoulders. The https://brickset.com/parts/4121667/double-cross-block double cross block that connects the shoulders to the body does not have any support. I have seen the things crack often and by design those on kopaka will crack from friction.

You need a

2x Half technic bushings (those thin things)
2x 3 length axles
1x 5 length axle

Step 1- open kopaka's uniter's by detaching his chest
Step 2- Slide the both sockets shoulders off his body, replace the upper red axles with a 3 length axles and half bushings. Then slide each should onto the back pieces. The sockets axleholes should both be lined up with the unused axle hole on the unity piece and have a fraction of the 3 length axles sticking out for support and wont slide off
Step 3- Close the chest

However i dont have one of these for added support https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=11478#T=C

Edited by (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-)
  • Like 1

I’m a bit of both, I guess.  I’ve been slowly trying to add old sets to my collection.  I’m not going for a complete set of Kanohi, Krana, etc.; I’m just interested in the sets lol.  

As for MOCing, I do enjoy tinkering with various parts and taking MOCs to BFVA.  I haven’t built many BIONICLE specific MOCs in a while, though.  Maybe I should get back into it lol

• Like 1

~Daler

• 1 month later...

I started as a collector, a couple of years ago I decided to rebuild all my old bionicle sets. After that something resurfaced and I wanted to find all the sets I couldn't buy at the time. Only recently have I started building mocs, using both construction and system parts