I Wrote a Guide to Bionicle Collectibles (Kanohi, Krana, Prototypes, etc)

Posted (edited)

Hello! I'm a collector of Bionicle collectibles. Kanohi, Krana, Kraata, Kanoka, Rhotuka, etc. I got frustrated by the lack of centralized information on what to collect and random information about the pieces. So I wrote one to hopefully include all of the info in one place.

I've attached the full PDF but I also took a few screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about.

Idk, hopefully it helps someone. Very glad to be done with this. Open to suggestions/corrections but it's gunna be a while before I ever think about this again. There's no good picture of a ton of the collectibles, so I took them all myself. Stole the rest from the wiki. 

EDIT: In case the link doesn't work I hosted it on a PDF hosting site. https://www.hostize.com/v/t8sfUN6zbE/collector-s-guide-to-bionicle-pdf

image.png.b0b98d40535c536acf9d82e3fc57ddc7.pngimage.png.cec2353527af9f7c602ae3738f7e45dd.png

Collector's Guide to Bionicle.pdf

Edited by The Archivist

Posted (edited)

The link doesn’t work 👍

That being said, I think the big reason there isn’t a big centralized source of this kind of information (other than the Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic over in BST) is because prices fluctuate and some items are a bit too rare to assign a hard price. Interested to see what you’ve got once you get that link working, though!

Edited by Aiden
Minor grammatical error
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aiden said:

The link doesn’t work 👍

That being said, I think the big reason there isn’t a big centralized source of this kind of information (other than the Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic over in BST) is because prices fluctuate and some items are a bit too rare to assign a hard price. Interested to see what you’ve got once you get that link working, though!

Huh, weird. It works when I hit the button but not on other computers. I tried re-uploading it and also put it up on a pdf hosting site. Thanks for letting me know

Yeah I was hesitant to put prices in there, it means I'll have to update it. But I get a lot of "how much is this pile worth?" questions so I tried to make it usable for those people? But yeah I'm not sure it's the right call as it does date the guide. 

Edited by The Archivist

Posted (edited)

I'm in agreement with @Aiden, a document like this gets dated pretty fast. However, it is nice to see all the info compiled in one place like this and as you mentioned, it's a good starting guide for sure. Couple ideas/corrections:

Hope some of this is helpful!

Edited by Darknut

Pretty interesting read! I will say, you mixed the images up for the movie kraahkan and ultimate dume mask. Also missed a decent amount of protos, but that’s understandable. I wish that trans green mohtrek wasn’t a 1/1, that’s my white whale right there.

Yeah, this is super cool, even if the prices change over time, having all the different collectables in one place and a rogh idea, how much its gonna cost you is helpful.

And over all I just love reading about these sort of things, so even if the prices aren't accurate, I like it very much!