Three Female Hero Factory Mocs

Aanchir

Hi there. Long time since I posted a MOC topic. Anyway, these are some various LDD MOCs I built since as early as last summer. I have never made a MOC topic for them, but since they're older MOCs and happen to all be female (always an interesting challenge) I figured I'd post them together.All pictures and thumbnails link to the full-size image.First is the least attractive IMO, the villain MOC Angelique. It was mostly an experiment, and the end result looks neither very feminine nor very villainous. It also has a heavy reliance on Technic which frustrates me, since it detracts from the smooth aesthetic I was going for.

5802240168_8d2b5f4e88_b.jpg

The next, and the only of these I actually built in real life before building on LDD, is the Hero Sophia Blaze. She was built entirely using parts I had with me at college at the time (September of last year), but I think the end result is very feminine. The main flaw is that the waist looks somewhat gappy.

6141651225_ac1c0578c9.jpg6142204826_4caf5cdab7_t.jpg 6141651335_fb472897ed_t.jpg 6141651385_151a7ec7bc_t.jpg

My most recent Hero Factory MOC, built earlier this year, is an unnamed Civilian Waitress. She was the result of my dabbling in trying to create a civilian Hero Factory MOC and coming up with an armor combination that vaguely resembled a fancy dress. She is the only of these three that involves any parts in colors that they do not appear in in real life-- the bow on her back uses the Ninjago blade piece 98141 in Bright Red, while in real life it is only known to exist in Warm Gold, Silver Metallic, and Medium Lilac.

6807821467_f4c0f457c2.jpg 6807821535_6745afff71.jpg

I appreciate any and all comments or criticisms!

Edited by Melorussophobia

I like the waitress one the most, as its skirt and tray really look good and blend with the character. I like how the mugs look, and how they could actually be held like items by a Hero set. The back of the waitress could use some pieces so it is not so exposed. The female hero indeed has a feminine look to her, and she definitly has the hero build. Unfortunatly the feminine look is the only thing that sets her apart from the regular sets. (But if you were going for that look, then you succeeded!) The villian's wings and legs look good, but the chest armor piece was much too blocky to fit with her build. The villian could use some touch up, as the armor on the upper torso and arms are lacking.All in all, these are some good MOCs (The waitress being the best, masks off to you on that), just add some armor here and there.

"Wait, a hundred ships to one starfighter? It'll be a slaughter!

"That's the spirit!"

No! I mean MY slaughter!"

-Alex and Grig from The Last Starfighter-

I agree with Pridak in that the waitress looks best IMO. It blends well with Hero Factory, and matches the styles we've seen so far in Hero Factory civilians. The mugs are a nice addition, an I can imagine them drinking some high quality, expensive oil there. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I like the waitress the most,as we haven't yet seen any MOC's of HF civillians. it also adds a feel to HF that "it's not just a world full of Heroes and Villains".-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

wow i love the wings on the first one but i really really like the maid one i don't i've seen anything like that before so kudos to you and i especially the way you have a tray there.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

It's sad for me to say that my favorite part of your MOCs here is the mugs. Very nifty.The waitress is good. The dress looks too bulky IMO, especially with the front armor piece. But it's still a decent attempt, and I feel your pain, having tried to create decent dresses using Bionicle elements. However, the rounded armor works very well for the torso, nice job there.The torso on the hero is also okay, but I wouldn't call it very feminen. Still decent tho. And the wings on the villian are nice, but the torso is a little messed up on it. But nice job on these three, and the waitress is easily my favorite of the bunch. :):music:

• 2 weeks later...