Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

IC: Hotwire was beginning to realize he didn't like this Trigger fellow very much."This is the survival of the planet we're talking about here," he said exasperatedly. "Not survival of the individual. Every single one of us is living on borrowed time, and we understood that when we signed up for this team. If all you're here to do is grumble prophecies of doom, then please do us a favor and run away until you find someplace 'safe.' There aren't very many of those left anymore, so you'd best have some superhuman stamina."

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

IC: "Look," replied Trigger. "I don't give a znap what happens to you and your megablockn' planet, alright. I'm only in this for the money. If you don't want to listen to an experienced professional whose actually done jobs against Paradox and slide over that crevasse only to have multiple Stromlings brutally stab you to death I ain't goin' to stop you. There's plenty of jobs elsewhere in the universe and quite a few people who would pay good money for my services."

IC: "And if that's what he wants to do," Rockford interjected, walking over. "Then I'm all for it. Hotwire's one of our most prestigeous agents and has been with us for nearly half the war. I think he can handle himself even without a leg."Trigger sighed in an annoyed tone. "Eh. Your funeral, buddy."Satisfied with his actions, Rockford looked back to his PDA, looking to see if Semick was going to respond anytime soon. Nothing yet."Anyways, I believe I heard someone mention a need to contact Ospery about something. I have radio contact via my PDA, so-""Andrew, you're alright!" said an interrupting Martian voice. Rockford turned to see Laxus hurry over to some other agents near the cliffside, the Elite Agent among them."What, did you think someone else sent that message out?" Andrew responded with a smirk. "How'd you do out there?""Managed to tag along Rockford after Mur's IP got destroyed. The latter sacrificed himself to finally give that Stromling Ape his due retribution.""Oh... poor guy. At least he died ensuring our own further safety."Laxus turned to one of the other agents alongside Andrew, his eyes widening as he saw a ruged-looking Minifig staring at his toes. "Woah," he uttered. "Zach, is that you?"Rockford's attention was caught, reconizing the name that had been floating around after the last two All-Agent Messages were sent out. "Heh, yeah," the Minifig muttered. "I may not be a Stromling anymore, but I do look a little different.""Understatement of the hour!""Indeed," Rockford interjected, approaching the group. "You look like you've been fighting the Dinos nonstop since the first attacks on LEGO City. Name's Rockford, I'm commanding most of the ground teams right now. You might've known that, though.""Yeah," Zach said, looking a little awkward with conversing. "Sorry, I don't think we've met before.""Quite true. But that doesn't mean we can't make aquantinceships now." Rockford took the battered ex-Stromling's hand, noticing slightly how it felt metal and slightly twisted, and shook it. "I know this must be hard for you coming back to us after all you did under the Malestrom's influence. But let me tell you right now that I hold no grudges against you, and that I personally welcome you back to the Dino Attack team. Any agent that doesn't will have to deal with me, among many others."Zach smiled a small smile, obviously suprised at Rockford's approach. "Thanks alot," he said. "Though I don't think it's going to be as easy as that to jump back in with you guys.""I understand that. Trust me, I was a lawyer before all this, and I know how to help people with regrets like yours. I helped Dust himself to try and fit in with us. Now, let's try with some of the basics. I know there's alot about your condition that could use improvements, but is there anything major you think you need.""Eh... yeah. I don't think I need a medic and all, but..." Zach glanced at Andrew, who gestured at the former's eyes and right hand. "... but I do need some glasses or something and possibly a bit of help with my prostetic hand." Zach pulled his hand out of Rockford's and held it up, showing off how it had seen better days."Not a problem." Rockford turned towards one of the agents observing the scene. Appearently Zach was starting to attract a crowd of observers trying to get a look at the agent-turned-Stromling-turned-agent. "Get us some of the eye and prostetic doctors here stat! Tell them Zach needs some help."

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

IC: Trigger lit a cigarette and watched coldy as his fellow agents discussed. At that time he felt like he was the only sane man among them. Not one individual seemed to be able to comprehend the fact that within seconds of arriving they would be quickly slaughtered by the Stromlings waiting on the other side.There was a part of him simply wanting to get out of here find work elsewhere, but he knew the money was good and that was why they brought him here to begin with. He'd seen worse after all.Finally, he looked back to the other agents. "Look," he said. "I'm a mercenary, alright. I've actually taken several jobs against paradox. Unfortunately, if I told you just who employed me and why I'd probably have to kill you. The point is, if anyone knows what we're dealing with it's me, and I'm giving you a choice. You listen to me, or you go on your megablockn' ziplines and everyone gets slaughtered within the first 30 seconds achieving nothing."Cabin was shooting a strange glance toward him. "You know, I think he might have a point," she said.

IC: Rockford looked away from Zach for the moment and approached Trigger. "You know, that reminds me quite a bit of how Dust spoke to us," he said. "Though I'll give you credit, at least you realize what's important and not distracted by some personal quest.""Is that meant to be an insult or compliment?" said Trigger, taking a breath from his cigarette."It depends. Trigger, I haven't met you before, and I don't think many of us have. And while you may be right that we haven't fought the Malestrom in its fullest form, do know that we have several teams of agents already in that temple, including several highly experienced and veteran fighters, and call them naive and foolish, but I say that if we fight as a team with total determination, I'm positive that even the Malestrom-""Etcetra, etcetra!"Rockford gave Trigger a stern glance and grabbed his PDA. "I don't like your attitude, and by my abilities as commander, I should have the right to disregard you and continue with our team's plans, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt." Switching back to the commuicator function, he contacted Semick."Before you ask, Rockford," Semick immedately said, "I'm almost done up here.""Good to hear. But I'm actually wanting you to help with something. We've got a man down here saying we're acting stupidly just charging into the temple, and feels like he could give us some proper advice. Want to engage in some conversation with him?""Put him through, let's see what he has to say."Rockford offered Trigger the PDA. "Go on. We'll hear what you have to say."

iC:“Hertz, what are you doing.” Said Naomi slowly.He still held her hands in his but his smile wavered. “I’m asking you to marry me Naomi.”She withdrew her hand and turned away. Hertz jumped to his feet and turned her around so she was looking at him.“Naomi, what’s wrong?” he stammered.Tears trickled down her face. “Why are you doing this Hertz?”“Because I love you Naomi!” he burst. “I thought you loved me too!”Tears where now pouring down her face. He backed away and shock his head but Naomi grabbed his shoulder. “I do love you, but I will not marry you.”“No.” whispered Hertz. “No, no, no,”His eyes where watering now too, and although Naomi put her arms around him he brushed her away. “I thought we had something together.”“We do.” Cried Naomi. “I have never felt this way about any guy before but we only started dating three days ago!”Hertz just shock his head and walked around the balcony. This could not be happening. What a fool he had made of himself. Naomi was crying because of him, he had never wanted that. “We hardly know anything about each other.” Continued Naomi between sobs. “Do you know where I’m from? What my parents do? My favorite color?”Hertz shock his head. He wanted to remain strong but he new he too would break down any moment.“I don’t even know you name!” yelled Naomi. “How am I supposed to say yes when I don’t even know your name?”“It’s Charlie.” Muttered Hertz.Naomi moved around and knelt down beside Hertz. He was trying hard to not cry. He would not cry in front of her.“Hertz, I love you so much,” she said. “It’s so strange feeling this way about someone I hardly know, but I do. I just want to know you more.”“But isn’t that feeling enough.” Said Hertz, “I could not stop thinking about you when I was away. I knew that that you where the most spectacular women I’ve every met and I never want that feeling to go away. I want to spend my life with you Noami.”She brushed the tears from her eyes and frowned. “Hertz please don’t please don’t make me feel guilty.”“But I love you Naomi.”“I LOVE YOU TOO HERTZ!” she yelled. “Don’t make this so hard for me! I hate doing this to you but I know that if we say yes we don’t know would could happen.”“Does it really matter what happens Naomi. We’re never know if you don’t try!” Hertz said as he took her in her arms. “I just want to be with you.”“I’m afraid Hertz. I’m afraid I’ll hurt you more then I’m hurting you now.”Hertz pleaded and he looked her in her eyes “Come on Naomi, we can…”Naomi looked away and pushed Hertz back. “Please just…go.”He got the message. Standing up he looked one more time at the women he loved. She lay on the flour crying to herself and he longed to reach out and take her in her arms. He held out his hand to brush her hair but thoght twice and withdrew it to his side.He still struggled to control his tears. He brushed them aside and turned to walk away.Hertz vowed to try again, he would win Naomi over one day. He hoped that she could learn to trust him and that they could be together.But now she needed to be alone. It hurt him to see her this way but he thought this is what she needed. In the meantime he would deal with his own emotions. He had been rejected by the women he loved and that was something he would have to deal with on his own time.Hertz picked up a bag. He would go to the temple of creation and help whatever way he could. She would be his reason to come back. She would be what he dedicated his fight too. He would win her over one day and he hoped she could learn to love him as much as he loved her. OoC:Well I was considered joining the Space Police RPG but I’ve tried doing two before and it just does not work. I’ve been playing this for awhile and I have to priorities. If I joined I would have to divide my focus and it’s hard enough keeping up as it is! No offence avmatoran. Once Dino Attack is done I can look into playing a new game.As for the minifigures I appreciate your input Atton. I’ll get around to building them in the next few days but in the meantime I would like you to return the favor.I don’t know the name of that digital design program that Brikman and Peasbody have been using but I think it is the only way to get an image of Naomi.I would want the legs and body from the series 1 NurseThe hair form the series 2 disco dudeAnd the head from the series 3 hula girlIf someone wants to build her it would be certainly make me happy.

That is all

IC: Trigger quickly took the PDA out of Rockford's hands and placed it to his mouth."You listen to me, and you listen good," Trigger said sternly. "I'm only going to say this once. You're walking into a deathtrap. While your boys were busy attaching grappling hooks and all that znap I actually took a look at the other side of the crevasse and I have reason to believe we got an army of about a couple thousand Stromlings on the other side just waiting to kill us all. Now I've actually done some work enough in this field to know that one Stromling is hard enough to kill and when at the heart of the Maelstrom's power they're nearly invincible. If we go over there on grappling hooks, all that's going to happen is your guys are all going to be slaughtered within seconds before you even reach the mist. The only way to deal with them is to destroy the source of power, and unfortunately that's going to be rather difficult, given it seems to be inside the temple."

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Okay, now I'm just confused as to where this Stromling army is, given that, in the process of setting up the ziplines, agents have already been to the other side of the crevasse. Are you implying that they are holding back, or is Trigger overestimating?Either way, it seems that logic and rational thought mean very little to him. :PIC: "Well then," Hotwire interjected, "I suppose you'd suggest we take out their source of power, which requires going over on grappling hooks. Which, by your account, is futile." Trigger glared, and Hotwire removed his hat in mock veneration. "I bow to your vastly superior powers of reason.""Look, kid," the mercenary growled. "All I'm suggesting is--""Don't 'kid' me," Hotwire snapped back. "I have had one rotten 4+ of a day, and to be perfectly frank I don't give a flying znap whether I'll still be alive at the end of it so long as I know there are people fighting for the safety of this planet. And as such, your portentous oracles of doom do nothing to deter me."

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Okay, now I'm just confused as to where this Stromling army is, given that, in the process of setting up the ziplines, agents have already been to the other side of the crevasse. Are you implying that they are holding back, or is Trigger overestimating?

OOC: It was supposed to be referring to the Stromling army that Palmer summoned earlier outside the temple and gave explicit orders to leave no survivors, which for some reason everyone seemed to fail to notice (hence the reason I had Trigger do so). Also, I was under the impression that at this point, they were still setting up the lines and hadn't actually crossed yet.Essentially, the logic Trigger proposes is taking into account some of the science brought up in the earlier autopsy by Fuchs (since he's not a scientist himself he's not very good at explaining the details), and the theory is that the Maelstrom controls and takes care most basic needs of a Stromling (that is to say things like eating, sleeping, etc.). It is also capable of healing, as we've seen as early as the mutant dino rampage on the rear guard camp (remember Zach's confrontation with Clint and Holly?). The theory is that a Maelstrom's control of these basic needs is stronger when a Stromling is closer to the source of its power (so Stromlings will heal faster). Right at the heart of its power (in this case, the temple itself), they aren't literally invincible, it's just that the Maelstrom heals them much faster than normal, making it very hard to inflict lethal damage. Combine that literal instant healing factor with enormous numbers and you've got yourself an unstoppable army.

OOC: Ah, I'd forgotten about Palmer's army. So what you're saying, I assume, is that they are trying to stay hidden until the team actually moves in?And I completely understand everything about Stromling biology, etc. What I'm taking issue with is the fact that Trigger is essentially contradicting himself -- 'Don't cross the crevasse because you'll be killed instantly. Instead, destroy the Stromlings' source of power.' Destroying their source of power requires crossing the crevasse.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: Ah, I'd forgotten about Palmer's army. So what you're saying, I assume, is that they are trying to stay hidden until the team actually moves in?And I completely understand everything about Stromling biology, etc. What I'm taking issue with is the fact that Trigger is essentially contradicting himself -- 'Don't cross the crevasse because you'll be killed instantly. Instead, destroy the Stromlings' source of power.' Destroying their source of power requires crossing the crevasse.

OOC: That's kinda what I was thinking, yes.As for Trigger's statement, the contradictory nature is somewhat intentional, as he's basically emphasizing the one problem that everyone else has overlooked. Crossing the crevasse will get everyone killed, and thus nothing will be achieved, yet the only way they can stop them requires destroying the source of the Maelstrom.

IC: Semick processed this "Trigger's" words. He knew absolutely nothing about this agent, if he even was one, who was not only being ruder than Dust or Stranger on one of his more grouchy days combined, but was saying out of nowhere that there was an army of Stromlings waiting around to ambush the team."Bluetooth, can you get any good readings on the Stromling forces around the area of the temple?" Semick shouted behind him."Eh, not really," Bluetooth replied. "The combined elements of the sea-mist stuff, the temple itself, and whatever Stromlings are around is messing up the readings. I can't verify anything this guy is saying.Semick took a look outside at the "island" the temple was located on. It was rather small, barely containing the temple itself on its radius, and the only agents he could see were the ones who were tending to the zip-lines on the other side. Sighing gently, he pulled his mic back to his lips. "Now listen to me, Trigger. I only take orders from agents like Reptile, Hotwire, Rex, and the commanders back home. What I'm getting from you is being taken only as advisory."Now let me note a few things. I'm currently in one of the T-1s hovering around the temple area, and while our TALON-9 systems are a little messed up from the shear amount of Malestrom energy present, we can see visually that there is no Malestrom army on the outside space surrounding the temple's island, unless they're squeezed into the shadows like clowns in a car."In any case, your comment about being unable to advance in is unfounded. We've already sent several teams to the island and into the temple, and the reports I'm getting is that they're already in the middle of the place helping Rex's team fight off Stromlings and XERRD scientists. Crossing this crevice to the temple is clearly not a problem, so getting in there to neutralize this 'source of power' you speak of."Even if you feel that this was all simple luck, and that further attempts to reach the temple on our zip-line/bridge crossings will end in massacare, here's something else you should know: I have organized our T-1s to prepare to stragedically fire upon the temple to open up the ceiling to our cover firer and surveillance. If necessary, I can even alter my plans to fery our men across to the temple directly into the battle area. I believe that would be a viable solution, even if it isn't the best one."Now, feel free to comment once more, or offer us some alternative solutions to getting inside the temple, but if you have nothing left to say, I must politely ask you to step aside and let me, Rockford, and our ADO allies do our job."OOC: I think we might be a little confused about the island this temple is on. How much open space is there on it besides this temple? I've been led to believe this building takes up most the space on it, if not all of it.

OOC: that guy, that program PeabodySam and I have used is LEGO Digital Designer, conveniently downloadable from the LEGO website. However, while I think the piece palate has the disco hair, it doesn't have the nurse uniform or the head you specified.Perhaps Palmer's army is spread out, hiding in the shadows in the temple or something? Because I too assumed the island the temple was on was rather small.IC:Zach looked back down at his feet as Rockford turned away and he was met with the stares and whispers of curious agents who wanted to see the Stromling that had once tried his best to kill them all."Hey," he heard Minerva say. "What's wrong?" He lifted his head and turned to her."I suppose it feels strange," he muttered. "Just molding back into the team like nothing happened. The Maelstrom tried its hardest to convince me I'd be completely ostracized from everyone else if I became a Minifig. I half-believed, but decided being a Minifig was a million times better than being a purple monster, regardless if I was shunned by everyone or not.""Well, clearly the Maelstrom isn't as smart as it thinks it is," Minerva said with certainty. "Now would be please stop dwelling on this? At least until the Maelstrom is defeat?"Zach smiled weakly. "I suppose." He allowed himself to be quiet as he listened to this newcomer, Trigger, arguing with Hotwire, Rockford, and was now starting in on Semick. He didn't appreciate this man's pessimistic attitude, especially since the fate of the planet was riding on the success of this mission."Excuse me?" a man suddenly said, tapping Zach's shoulders. "Are you Zachary?""Yes, I am.""And you need glasses, right?" Zach nodded. "Well I had a friend who died in the fight at the temple and he happened to wear glasses. His body is being sent back to the outpost right now and I figured you could try on his glasses. See if they work for you." He held out a pair of spectacles in his hands. Zach took them, quickly adjusted them so they would fit around his head, and placed them on his nose.His vision cleared up fast. However, the lenses were marked up with several scratches, obscuring his vision slightly. However, for the sake of being able to see clearly for the upcoming battle, Zach could settle with these glasses for now."Thank you," Zach said to the agent. He nodded in acknowledge and walked away. "So that solves one problem. Now to fix this arm. Is Nazareno around?""I don't know," Minerva said. "I haven't seen him. I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed behind, though.""Why?""When you shot him, it created some sort of Maelstrom-tumor on his chest that flares up around the Maelstrom. Him coming here woud have sentenced him to death or worse."Zach was silent, absorbing what Minerva just told him. Had he condemned Nazareno to death or worse, the Maelstrom? He knew when he saw Nazareno again, he would have to somehow right his wrong."And Hotwire?" Zach asked, noticing the Elite Agent only had one organic leg while the other was a curved prosthetic."He shot his leg off to prevent Maelstrom corruption," Andrew explained. "It was during a fight with Zelda in the outpost.""Zelda? As in Zelda Frodongan? The-""spy your Stromlingself sent to watch our movements? The very one.""She was still alive the last time I contacted her," Zach said, remembering the female Stromling."I think some of the medics at the outpost were going to preform experiment on her to create a better understanding of the Stromling anatomy," Laxus said."Hmm. I wonder if-" Zach was cut off as he heard a nearby radio crackle to life. Many agents paused with their breathing as strained breathing suddenly came through the radio."....Vinyaya....temple," the female voice, presumably belonging to a Commander Vinyaya, said, clearly panicked or worried. "Stromlings....hidden around temple....ambush....need back-up!" The sound of a blaster being fired multiple times could be heard, along with the sick cackling of many Stromlings. "Help!" Vinyaya managed to bark out before the radio went dead.

OOC: *tries to hide slight annoyance* Still would like to discuss the "how much space is there around this temple for Stromlings to wait around in?" issue, but I'm willing to advance the plot in reference to Brikman's latest decision.And personally, I'm still finding it a bit ludicrous that Atton is able to have one of his Stromling characters just call up a Stromling army that is alledgely nigh-invincible, even with all we've established about the Malestrom's power.IC: Semick's blood ran cold as he heard the incoming distress call. Without a word or warning, he slammed the mic down and grabbed the controls. Within moments, he was directing the T-1 towards the end of the temple with the bridge. In the corner of his eye, he could see other T-1s doing the same.Flying down close, he could see the sight that confirmed the validation of his fears. Several Stromlings were now attacking the handful of agents attending to the brdge and zip-line connections. Some agents were still standing, but it was easily appearent they were being overwhelmed.If these things can take T-1 barrage fire, Semick thought as his hand twitched onto the canon trigger, then this means this Malestrom is ridiculously overpowered. All the more reason to get into that building by any means necessary, I suppose. He squeesed the trigger and began firing on the purple monstrosities.

IC: Trigger crossed his arms and gave the rest of the agents a somwhat intimidating glare, as if to say "I told you so". He watched as the T-1s seemed to gather on a target and begin firing."There's something else," Trigger muttered. "Something's going on. Normally the Maelstrom would have already launched its attacks against us. I think there's someone in control. Zach, I haven't been around here long but word is fast that you were a Stromling, right?"Zach nodded, nervously."Someone else is here," replied Trigger. "You know what I think? There was someone else on your megablockn' team. The Maelstrom decided to infect someone, probably the last person anyone would expect. A nobody, a loner, someone who mostly went unnoticed, a common mechanic maybe. Now that Zach's gone it left a power vaccuum, and our mystery friend's taken over.""How do you know that?" Hotwire asked."Because if the Maelstrom were leading them, they would have killed us already," replied Trigger. "Believe me when I say you don't want to know how I know that."

OOC: Maybe we could just say that Trigger was overestimating. Or perhaps most of what he saw was an illusion by the Maelstrom to demoralize the team. In any case, we go...IC: "You can't claim absolute certainty on that, though," said Hotwire. "The Maelstrom has never been active on this planet prior to this war. Who's to say it hasn't adjusted its tactics?"It's chaos incarnate," Trigger said authoritatively. "Killing is what it does.""It's chaos incarnate -- so why should we expect it to work the same way all the time?" Rockford interjected. "Regardless, time's up," said Hotwire. "Our friends are dying over there, and we can't just stand by and let it happen.""You're really going to throw your lives away so thoughtlessly?" Trigger cried angrily.Hotwire ignored him, limping as quickly as he could to keep up with Rockford and Zach and the others as they jogged towards the bridge. Hotwire paused for breath, his stump leg burning in pain. Suddenly the day's events finally caught up to him -- the fight at the outpost, the battle at the temple, leaping out of a T-1 -- and he collapsed to the ground as the suppressed and ignored pain finally outweighed the adrenalin that had kept him going.Helm noticed the elite agent's sudden absence, looked back and swore. Rockford, Zach, and Minerva also paused. Helm grabbed his PDA. "Osprey, Semick, anyone, we've got a bit of a problem. Hotwire's just passed out. Think he might be in shock or something.""Acknowledged," Osprey responded. "I'll get him onto my ADU. We still have some fresh medkits, and he'll be marginally safer up here than on the ground."Within a minute, the Agents captain descended on a winch, grabbed the unconscious DA agent, and hoisted him up to the helicopter above.

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: It's all part of Trigger's character. He's simply cold and logical, and always examines his situation before he acts."Your funeral you sons of 4+" Trigger muttered as he watched the agents get into action. "What about you Cabin?""I'm not sure," replied the Elite Pilot. "You raise some good points but there's still no chance of getting to the source without going through those Stromlings. Something's gotta be done.""Yeah, well I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not diving headfirst into a bunch of megablockn' Stromlings.""Wait a minute," replied Cabin. "We already got agents in there. We don't need to risk our own lives.""You kiddin?" Replied Trigger. "You already got people in the temple?"Cabin nodded."They're dead already," replied Trigger. "That Rex wouldn't stand a chance in his wheelchair. If I had my way he'd have been fired the moment he lost his legs. Even if they're not, there's no getting out of there.""What do you mean?" Asked Cabin."What we got," replied Trigger. "If my observations are correct, is some kind of interdimensional structure. It's kinda hard to explain but the Maelstrom exists in multiple dimensions. The temple itself is a seperate dimension in itself, one that can be changed at will. The Maelstrom constantly changes the interior structure so that nobody inside can get out.""Where'd you read that?" Cabin asked."A bunch of notes I stole from Paradox," replied Trigger. "Look, I know this is interesting but I can't tell you what I did. If my employers found out, they'd be sending bounty hunters half-way across the galaxy to kill me. I can't even divulge my real name.""I was just going to say that maybe they could do it," replied Cabin."Not likely," replied Trigger. "Even if we can get in touch with them, whoever's running these things out here is probably keeping them occupied inside."

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Maybe we could just say that Trigger was overestimating. Or perhaps most of what he saw was an illusion by the Maelstrom to demoralize the team. In any case, we go...

OOC: Fair enough for now.IC: Stranger watched as most of the agents began to head off towards the bridge and zip-lines towards the temple. He was standing back for the moment, ensuring that his sniper rifle was ready and the scope was functioning. Satisfied, he gazed towards his Mutant Lizard companion."Agent squabbling that only gets cut short by attack interruption," Stranger remarked. "Never gets old." The lizard seemed to snicker, and began to head off to follow the flow. Soon he was getting clsoer Trigger, who was conversing with Cabin over something about dimmensions and doomed agents.Stranger was impressed with this new guy. Thinking practically, objectively, and seemed to be quite experienced at shooting things. Though he did seem to have a real problem with conversing to the others, mostly due to a lack of sympathy greater than Stranger's own. At least the latter had respect for comrades and willing to help them out. This guy was alienating himself by his interest in getting paid for helping the team out (By who? Stranger thought. We're certainly not getting paid by the team, considering protecting our planet from being overrun or destroyed is motivation enough), and it wasn't exactly helping him get through to the others. THe guy needed some advice."Care for a little chat?" Stranger asked as he reached the agent's side."I suppose," Trigger responded. "Though I figure you're busy rushing to your death right now.""Actually, I'm thinking more practically," Stranger said as he held up his sniper rifle. Trigger eyed it with slight interest."Hmph. Guess there's more than one sane man here.""We're hard to find, but we're definately around. But I'll be frank with you, you didn't do a good job back there. Being outright disrespectful and blunt is going to get you nowhere with these guys.""Their problem that they can't accept the reality of the situation.""Yeah, but you're not exactly the best messenger for the truth. Take my advice: just roll with whatever they do and do what you can to keep their backs clean with cover fire. Reconize who's currently the boss and don't outright call them fools for being idealists. Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll end up like Dust: Distrusted and glared at each time you enter the room. Change up your approach a bit, and you'll end up as something closer to Rotor: A little eractic, but still a reliable ally."

OOC: I'd say that the island is large enough for the temple to rest on, but not much larger than that. Not large enough for a massive army of Stromlings to hid beside or behind it. I'd also going under the impression the Stromlings are hiding throughout the interior of the Maelstrom Temple.IC:As Zach stepped on to the bridge, it creaked painfully. Yeah, zip-lines are a good idea. This bridge seemed to be just waiting to collapse, and having too many agents walking across it didn't seem like a grand idea. But the zip-line was a risky move, especially without back-up at the temple end of it.He pulled the hand gun off his belt with his left hand. It felt awkward and strange, but knew he'd have to deal with it. He looked ahead and saw with great surprise a brown-haired Minifig far ahead of the rest of the agents wearing at white coat. He was near the temple-end of the bridge and was firing a machine gun rapidly at the Stromlings that attacked the Agents and Dino Attack Agents A quick look above showed the T-1 Typhoon and Aerial Defense Unit fleet also firing upon the Stromlings, sometimes striking the temple with a stray blast.As the rest of the team rushed past the white-coated man, who had seized fire to let the agents pass, Zach paused long enough to see that the man was a medic. "What are you doing fighting, medic?!""I was keeping an eye on a patient, thank you," the man barked in a semi-high pitched voice, his bushy mustache shaking with anger. "I'll do my job when you start doing your job!". Zach scowled at the medic, but nodded and headed into the fight.He saw a Stromling firing its weapon-fused arm at an Agent furiously. Zach tried to aim and fired three shots. Each shot completely missed its target, and the Agent was shot down. Zach growled, his anger growing."Forget this," he remarked. He holstered the gun and pulled out the knife instead. He ran forward and swung the knife at the Stromling's chest. A deep, somewhat sloppy cut buried in its chest, the Stromling collapsed. Zach glanced at the knife. I guess this will do for now. He looked up. The helicopters and seized much of their fire. There was very little fighting space in front of the temple, making it very easy to accidentally shoot a friendly. Zach swung his knife wildly as another Stromling charged at him. Heh, I used to be one of this guys. Less brain-dead though, but still. Zach reflected as he watched the Stromling he cut die. Oh well, keep fighting.

IC: Osprey had been fairly lucky in the battle at Hotep's Temple -- Phoenix and Cyrus had been the only disguised Stromlings in his crew, so he still had a pilot and a gunner, which was fortunate, given that he had very little experience with aerial vehicles. However, he felt a slight twinge of guilt that his luck had come at the expense of the unconscious DA Elite agent he had just hauled on board."Follow the lead of the T-1s," he called towards the cockpit as he sealed the side door of the ADU, "and concentrate your fire on the Stromlings on the island." His stomach lurched slightly as the helicopter soared above the crevasse and descended quickly to spray the Stromlings with its fire. By the dim glow of the interior lights, Osprey cracked open a medkit and began attempting to revive Hotwire.

Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC: I'd say that the island is large enough for the temple to rest on, but not much larger than that. Not large enough for a massive army of Stromlings to hid beside or behind it. I'd also going under the impression the Stromlings are hiding throughout the interior of the Maelstrom Temple.

OOC: This might be just me, but I'd always imagined there being a fairly substantial distance between the bridge and the temple, enough so that the temple was mostly obscured by the mist.

OOC: See, my mental picture the whole time had been something like this.maelstrom_temple.pngHowever, I went back to page 6 and found the actual description.

[A] rickety old bridge...led to a small, isolated island in the middle of the Maelstrom. Looking through his binoculars, Rex saw that there was a lone temple located on the island.

That doesn't really tell us much, but if Rex needed binoculars to see the temple, the truth probably lies between Atton's description and mine. Edited by Jackson Lake

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

OOC:That's okay, that guy. I understand you not being able to play two. In fact, I forsee posting shorter posts here, and less often.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

That doesn't really tell us much, but if Rex needed binoculars to see the temple, the truth probably lies between Atton's description and mine.

OOC: I know it's not the most reliable, but my own posts on the subject detailing Garry and Palmer's expedition seemed to imply that there was a certain distance they had to walk (though it is apparently a walkable distance), and they were actually based off of the routes described in PeabodySam's own posts.

iC:Hertz was in no mood to talk about his problems with Doctor Saran. Although the psychologist would likely confront him and say that it was unhealthy to keep his feelings bottled up, he had made an effort to avoid him on the way out of the base.Not many of the vehicles remained in the lot but Hertz was able to locate a steel sprinter parked in the shadows. The cast on his arm prohibited some movement but he had enough articulation to steer the ATV away from the outpost and toward the temple of creation.It was then that his emotions took hold. He cried most of the two and half miles to the temple of creation.On the way he passed the still smoldering remains of the XERRD fortress. It had been days since that building had fallen. It felt like only yesterday that he had sat in that tent with Lutsky well Rotor had given the order to open fire with agents still inside.That was when he felt he had truly matured. He had showed that day that he no longer would deal with the commander’s . And he had stated his mind in the defense of the voiceless.And then the mutants attacked. Naomi had almost died that day and Hertz had fought to save her. It was after that that there relationship began.As Hertz stared at the ruins it dawned on him that this battle predated his love for Naomi. The ruble still smoked but he had felt the time was right to make one of the most important calls in his life.I’m such an idiot.Hertz shook his head in shame and continued on his way. By the time he arrived at the maelstrom lake all signs of his tears had been erased from his face.The temple was barely visible threw the clouds but T-1 Typhoons filled the sky and agents where taking position along the cliff face. He recognized Shotgun taking position with his sniper rifle and teams heading across the rickety bridge.Taking up most of the aria was the Reclaimer. Visible in the window was the handcuffed Carl Lutsky. He appeared to be in a scintillating conversation but Hertz did not glimpse another person anywhere nearby.He had no idea what Lutsky had done to put his in handcuffs but he assumed he deserved it. Hertz had always hated Lutsky for his disregard for human life and he was happy he was somewhere where he could no longer hurt anybody.Resolving to confront the commander at a latter time Hertz meandered around in till he found commander Rockford and agent Cabin. They were in a heated conversation with a man named Trigger.“I tell you guy, this mission is a mistake. You seriously better rethink you’re strategy if you intend to get out of this with more then a handful of agents.” Said Trigger.“You just don’t get it do you Trigger.” Sighed Rockford. “We’re here because we care. Because we care, we’re willing to take risks.”“Well that’s the difference isn’t It.” Chucked Trigger. “I don’t care. I’m in it for the money.”“What’s this guy doing here.” asked Hertz. “What’s this about being paid? The money’s not even that good, most of us volunteered.”Trigger grinned maliciously. “Look kid, you’re welcome to be an idealist but you better realizes that your hope for a bright future will one day implode. You’re be wishing you could make a difference well I sit in my sports car with money in my pocket.”Hertz rolled his eyes. “Great, the island sent us another Dust.”OoC:Well I wish Dust were still alive. I would have loved for him to meet Trigger; the two characters are so similar. I also got my reworks done. You can expect them latter today plus Rex's wheelchairHertz was in no mood to talk about his problems with Doctor Saran. Although the psychologist would likely confront him and say that it was unhealthy to keep his feelings bottled up, he had made an effort to avoid him on the way out of the base.Not many of the vehicles remained in the lot but Hertz was able to locate a steel sprinter parked in the shadows. The cast on his arm prohibited some movement but he had enough articulation to steer the ATV away from the outpost and toward the temple of creation.It was then that his emotions took hold. He cried most of the two and half miles to the temple of creation.On the way he passed the still smoldering remains of the XERRD fortress. It had been days since that building had fallen. It felt like only yesterday that he had sat in that tent with Lutsky well Rotor had given the order to open fire with agents still inside.That was when he felt he had truly matured. He had showed that day that he no longer would deal with the commander’s . And he had stated his mind in the defense of the voiceless.And then the mutants attacked. Naomi had almost died that day and Hertz had fought to save her. It was after that that there relationship began.As Hertz stared at the ruins it dawned on him that this battle predated his love for Naomi. The ruble still smoked but he had felt the time was right to make one of the most important calls in his life.I’m such an idiot.Hertz shook his head in shame and continued on his way. By the time he arrived at the maelstrom lake all signs of his tears had been erased from his face.The temple was barely visible threw the clouds but T-1 Typhoons filled the sky and agents where taking position along the cliff face. He recognized Shotgun taking position with his sniper rifle and teams heading across the rickety bridge.Taking up most of the aria was the Reclaimer. Visible in the window was the handcuffed Carl Lutsky. He appeared to be in a scintillating conversation but Hertz did not glimpse another person anywhere nearby.He had no idea what Lutsky had done to put his in handcuffs but he assumed he deserved it. Hertz had always hated Lutsky for his disregard for human life and he was happy he was somewhere where he could no longer hurt anybody.Resolving to confront the commander at a latter time Hertz meandered around in till he found commander Rockford and agent Cabin. They were in a heated conversation with a man named Trigger.“I tell you guy, this mission is a mistake. You seriously better rethink you’re strategy if you intend to get out of this with more then a handful of agents.” Said Trigger.“You just don’t get it do you Trigger.” Sighed Rockford. “We’re here because we care. Because we care, we’re willing to take risks.”“Well that’s the difference isn’t It.” Chucked Trigger. “I don’t care. I’m in it for the money.”“What’s this guy doing here.” asked Hertz. “What’s this about being paid? The money’s not even that good, most of us volunteered.”Trigger grinned maliciously. “Look kid, you’re welcome to be an idealist but you better realizes that your hope for a bright future will one day implode. You’re be wishing you could make a difference well I sit in my sports car with money in my pocket.”Hertz rolled his eyes. “Great, the island sent us another Dust.”OoC:Well I wish Dust were still alive. I would have loved for him to meet Trigger; the two characters are so similar. I also got my reworks done. You can expect them latter today plus Rex's wheelchair

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

Well I wish Dust were still alive. I would have loved for him to meet Trigger; the two characters are so similar.

OOC: Is that a fact? I had no idea, I was just trying to distance him from my other characters and I thought it would be interesting to try writing an anti-hero.Also, in regards to the point people keep bringing up about money, I always assumed that Dino Attack agents were basically paid the same way soldiers in the field are in the army. Trigger of course, is a mercenary, a soldier-for-hire if you will, essentially meaning he's just working for the highest bidder, and in this case the Dino Attack team offered greater money (although his mysterious work against Paradox probably had something to do with him not being hired by XERRD).IC: "Look," replied Trigger. "I'm not going to stop you. You boys want to go ahead and get slaughtered while your precious planet is destroyed by some megablockn' purple mist you just go right ahead. I'll take the first shuttle I can get off this rock and find work elsewhere if I have to. I just thought when I got this offer it would be far more interesting than busting up criminals for the Space Police."

iC:"No one is asking you to be here." shot back Hertz. "If all you're going to do is be negative and shoot down moral then you'd better go."Rockford interjected. "Hertz has a point Trigger." he said. "We have enough cynics on the team. If you have something helpful by all means spit it out but if you're only here only to provide wisecracks then I don't have time for that."Elite agent Cabin frowned. "Now Rockford, lets not be driving away a good fighter. At this stage we can use every man we got.""Well we're sorry." muttered Hertz. "But from what experience has showed us people like him only cause trouble. If he's going to be anything like Lutksy or Dust. (And I bet money he will) he'll only be a distraction and divide the team. We can't afford to not work as a unit now, we need to work together. If we don't, then Trigger's right, we are doomed to failure."Trigger made to comment but Rockford turned to him. "So agent, are you willing to take orders? Or do we have to deal with you ? I remind you that you're not irreplaceable to us. If you chose to leave there are plenty of other dedicated agents to take your place."OoC:BTW I also made a figure of Trigger, I'll post him with the rest latter today.

That is all

IC:Commander Vinyaya snarled as she shot a Stromling away from her. She had been focused on setting up the zip-line with several other agents and they hadn't noticed the Stromlings appear. They almost appeared out of nowhere, and Vinyaya wouldn't doubt if they did appear out of nowhere.The Stromlings had made quick work of most of the Agents and Dino Attack Agents around here. She was barely able to communicate her distress as Stromling came upon her rapidly and furiously. And as she kicked another Stromling away, Vinyaya knew she would've died soon enough if she hadn't gotten the message out. Now Dino Attack and Agents were trying to push back the Stromlings.The Stromlings were rather easy to kill. A few well-placed shots and they dropped like rocks. However, more Stromlings seemed to just appear and take their fallen comrades' places. It was becoming a nuisance and Vinyaya sorely hoped that they would just stop appearing.She gasped as a Stromling suddenly struck her side. She fell to the ground, clutching her wound. Without armor, she was much more vulnerable than she would like to admit. The Stromling revealed a crooked evil grin as it aimed its gun arm at her. She closed her eyes, waiting for the end.Then she heard the sickly sound of flesh being torn. Vinyaya opened her eyes and saw a blade sticking out of the Stromling's body. The blade slide out and the zombie collapsed. Behind the monster was a rugged-looking, red-haired Dino Attack Agent wearing scratched glasses. He extended a metallic golden hand and helped the commander back to her feet. Vinyaya shivered as the hand twitched furiously in her grip.She looked at her savior curiously. His face showed sign of fatigue and lack of sleep. Beneath the worn, defeated look, Vinyaya could detect furious determination in the young man. And yet, he seemed eerily familiar. Someone she recently saw."Are you all right?" the man asked as he eyed the skirmish at the footsteps of the Maelstrom Temple."Just another injury to add to the others," Vinyaya responded gruffly. The man smirked at this."I know what you mean. Now let's finish these guys off and get into the temple." Vinyaya nodded, and she and the man reentered the fight.

IC: There was a moment of silence as Trigger turned and paced. He crossed his arms and then reached for his gun."Well," he said. "You got the weapons and the team. I got the experience. If anyone's going to be able to get you across it's me. Now for the Stromlings on the other side, we're going to need some help from your friends already inside the temple. If they can weaken the source of the Maelstrom's energy, it will weaken the Stromlings, hopefully just enough that we can actually kill them."

OoC:Here are my minifigure reworks. Plus some bonus stuff.Atton Rand's characters I decided to leave Garry Moffat the same. After reviewing the photo that Atton gave me I felt that the face I origionoly picked had a reasonable resemblance. In edition the outfit Garry is waring is acurit considering his Elite Agent status and position at outpost 4.Bishop, KateFuchs, JoelJackson, BarryPalmer (pre stromling)TriggerWilliams, LanceWindowsMy charactersDust (temple gear)Dust (Lutsky's imagination)Hertz (post battle)Hertz (theoretical elite agent gear)Lutsky (crazy)Lutsky sees DustAndrewnuva199's charactersBluetoothMurRaiderStangerPeabodySam's charactersI made several variants of a Lego wheelchair. They range from a pretty standard chair to downright ridiculous combat chair. Unfortunately I had no head that resembled Rex's so I used Johny Thunders.Rex's Wheelchair Mark I ARex's Wheelchair Mark I BRex's Wheelchair Mark I CRex's Wheelchair Mark IIRex's Wheelchair Mark III ARex's Wheelchair Mark III BRex's Wheelchair Mark IV

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OoC:Here are my minifigure reworks. Plus some bonus stuff.Atton Rand's characters Bishop, KateFuchs, JoelJackson, BarryPalmer (pre stromling)TriggerWilliams, LanceWindows

OOC: Lance is definitely improved. The oversized gun is a bit strange but I digress. Jackson is far closer to my own vision now, as is Fuchs.I will have to say I am impressed by what you came up with for Trigger. It's not quite identical to my own vision (I imagined him being clean shaven and I didn't quite imagine him having a buzz cut) but the expression is pretty close.

OOC: That guy: Your decison to use a bald, stubby guy for Dust always seems weird to me. I kept imagining him as someone like how I evision Stranger and Trigger (who, I might add, looks pretty good.)I'm also down with your revisions on my characters (though Mur's new photo is broken at the moment).Also, is anyone else in favor of somehow giving Rex a combat wheelchair at the end of the Adventurers Island arc? I've seen some pretty cool ones in movies and TV, and he deserves one, I think.IC: "I'm sure they'll have no problem with that," said Rockford. "I'm willing guess that they might already be close to finding out how to neutralize-"The commander's PDA started to go off, alerting of an audio transmission. Rockford held his hand up as he went to answer it. He noted that it was Semick as he took the call."How's it looking?""Stromings are respawning fast, but with the agents over there now, we should get the problem contained quickly." Rockford noted how Trigger, overhearing a bit of the conversation, rolled his eyes. "Hope they can get the zip-lines open though, I don't trust that bridge farther than I can throw it. Anyways, due to the crowd of friendlies, I had to have the T-1s stand down for the most part. We are now going through with our plan to blow the roof in before the rest of the men start heading in. Are you ready to give out a warning?"Rockford glanced at Trigger again. He figured that the guy was convinced that most of the team's ideas would likely end up as failures, plus he likely already understood the huge risk being taken. Besides, he was starting to tire of handling him. Under the circumstances, he wasn't in a position to have arguements like the ones he had had with Dust about team spirit."Yes, I am," Rockford said as he headed to a Fire Hammer to get to a proper radio. "Once I have the transmission out, feel free to start the countdown to blowing up.""Understood. Getting into position now."-------------------Laxus knew that there wasn't anything to really see below the bridge as he and Andrew crossed it, but he still didn't want to look down regardless.The two had stopped briefly to grab some new weapons left lying around in a near-busted Iron Predator the Dino Attack agents had been using as a makeshift armory, and were thus now among the back flow of the agents crossing the bridge.Laxus wasn't confident in its strenght since the moment he saw it. Aged wood and rope was a lot less steady than Earth or Martian rock, and a crossing like this, over what was virutally a canyon of unknown depth shrouded by purple stuff, was asking for alot of faith. But with the zip-lines unguarded and the T-1s busy, it was the only way across.So Laxus kept his hands close to his rifle and kept his eyes on Andrew. It would be good to be fighting alongside him again. Things had been a little boring without him, even with all the fighting that had been goin-SNAP!Laxus's heart stopped as he recieved the sudden shock and involuntary gasp from his leg going through thin air. He made a grab for the next plank with his hands and felt his other leg get a slight twist as it hung on the previous plank, leaving him a few slips away from tumbling into the mist below. It made him regret for a moment that Martains had such a thin build.Luckily his distress had not gone unnoticed, and within moments Andrew managed to get a hold of his companion's arms and helped to pull him to relative safety."That was too close," Laxus said as he took several rapid breaths."I concur," Andrew responded. "Let's hurry this up. I don't want to stay on this bridge much longer. I think it's close to death throws."Grabbing their weapons, dropped when the brief incident occured from the shock of their moment, the two agents got a move on at a more rapid pace than before.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

IC: "That's not going to work," Trigger said coldly. "You can bomb that temple to a znapping ashes and you're not going to find anything."Rockford turned toward him. "Why not?" He asked"Because the inside of that temple doesn't znapping exist in this universe," replied Trigger. "The Maelstrom's a znapping interdimensional creature. Once you're in that temple, you're no longer in this reality you're in the Maelstrom's reality, one that it can alter at will to mess with the minds of those who enter. You'll just get lost in the endless megablockn' corridors complete with projections meant to play off your own personal fears."OOC: I hope I'm not interfering with anyone's plans with this idea, but I think on some level it at least provides some explanation as to how the Maelstrom works, and how it can mess with people's minds in the temple.

IC: "Perhaps," said Rockford. "But Semick's managed to pick up the readings of our agents from within the temple, so I think it's at least in our plane of existence. At the least, we can either prove or debunk your theory."Without waiting to hear another word, Rockford climbed into the Fire Hammer and swiched on the radio. Setting it to the All-Agents Bulliten PDA frequency, he began his warning."Attenion All Dino Attack Agents Within the Malestrom temple! This is Commanding Agent Rockford, giving a warning to watch your heads! Elite Agent Semick had decided to direct all T-1 Typhoon firetower towards the roof of the temple, hoping to blast it open and get visual contact with the bulk of Dino Attack efforts! After this message ends, you'll have thirty seconds before the T-1 barrage begins. If it proves successful, there is likely to be much falling rock, so we implore you to be prepared and keep your helmets on! That is all."

IC: The noise of cannon fire could faintly be heard in the distance. Amongst all the confusion, Garry was hiding behind a pillar next to Rotor."What is all that?" Garry asked."I'd imagine it's your teammates trying to break in," came the familiar voice of Palmer as he stepped toward them. Garry started to raise his gun, only to have it knocked out of his hand."You won't get away," Garry muttered."You still don't get it, do you?" replied Palmer. "They can't get to us that simply. They can do all they want to the temple, all they'll do is seal the entrance. Nobody goes in, nobody goes out. Tell me, did you really think you were stil in the real world. You're in the Maelstrom's reality. This is what the Maelstrom says it is and it can be warped and altered at will. The only way your pathetic teammates can get in is through the front door."

OOC: Atton, Rockford mentioned a countdown, which means the T-1 cannonfire won't start immediately. I wanted to extend the time between the warning and the actuall barage so other people's characters can react. And Semick will be trying to concentrate on the area he suspects is the area of the central room where the main battle is supposed to be.

Edited by Andrewnuva199