Dino Attack: At War's End

PeabodySam

OOC:I posted an idea I had in the talk page for Dr. Cyborg. Please read and comment.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Andrew was worried. This shadow of Malestrom was closing in on this imaginary library. If he didn't figure out something soon, it was very likley he was going to end up just like Zach... or possibly worse.He moved backwards slowly. Eventually his back came into contact with the bookshelf. In a sudden bout of curoisity, he turned to look behind him, his eyes drawn to the books.He skimmed the titles. Some were familar to him as books he had read or heard of: Tale of Two Cities, 882 1/2 Amazing Answers to Your Questions About the Titanic, Harry Potter, I, Jedi. Some seemed to refer to things he knew a great deal about: LEGO Island, The Art of Creation, Tales of Change, A Brief History of the Dino Attack. And some seemed to be part of this mysterious realm of dreams he still didin't understand: Predicting the Future, The Secrets Within the Words, What's Occuring?, The Great Pony Invasion.The titles started to look like a sign of something. All these "books" regarding things related to him and his situation, all piled up in a library inside his head? It was sounding like some weird self-referal wish-fufillment dream or something. Unless it was truely indicating...Andrew came to revelation of a conclusion: this library wasn't merely another strange dream realm, this was a visual version of his mind!"That seems rather fitting, actually," Andrew muttered aloud.Looking to his surroundings again, Andrew was alarmed to see that the darkness was now surrounding him in a much smaller, several yard long radius. He was running out of time.C'mon, think! Andrew thought. If this is my own mind, that has to mean I'm not just a minifigure bound to the laws of nature here! I should be able to do something with these surroundings!Reaching blindly, he grabbed one of the books off the shelf and opened it to a random page. Looking inside, he was suprised to see, instead of words, a large, 2-page spread image of a white hallway that looked like part of some kind of fancy hotel. Andrew was suprised, but not impressed, and was about to close it when he heard a large rush of water coming from somewhere. He looked around him, seeing only darkness before returning his attention to book. Which was when he saw water rushing down the hallway and towards "him."Andrew could feel a few small droplets of water coming at his face, giving him just enough warning to let go of the book. It fell to the ground just as the water erupted out of the window like a fountain only just cleared of a blockage. He was thrown back against the shelf, the impact of him and the water making it tip over backwards. It impacted at an angle, and Andrew could hear what sounded like another shelf tipping over. And another. And another. And soon it was clear that a domino effect was in place.The water rushed in all directions, going towards the shadows down the aisle Andrew was in. Managing to get a grip on the downed shelf as the water passed by him in a current. Looking towards the enclosing darkness, he was suprised to see that the shadow was beginning to lessen as the water rushed towards it, retracting even. The LEGO Islander's eyes gleamed.He looked back at his shelf, and began pulling out some of the books he had seen just before. He opened The Art of Creation, and a flow of flying LEGO bricks came out in a column streching up and pushing back at the shadows above. Andrew thought brifely that it might help to have some kind of walls aganist this stuff, and within moments, the flow of red, yellow, blue, black and white bricks began to spread across the darkness, slowly forming into a 2-stud thick wall all the way from the top of the column to the edges, like a giant rainbow-colored dome.He then turned his attention to A Brief History of Dino Attack, and upon opening saw a Fire Hammer within the window, driving straight towards him. Throwing it away from him, the vehicle drove out of the book and into the air, appearing small as it emerged, but then quickly growing as it began to reach the vehicle's usual size. After staying in the air for a few seconds, it landed on the fallen shelves with a loud creak! as the tires hit the wood.Andrew darted towards it, a few other books still under his arms, and opened the driver's side door. He climbed in, spotting the laser rifle he most frequently used sitting on the passenger's seat. The site calmed him, satisfying him more that he was gaining his ground back.Glancing back at the brick wall that was still forming around him, he could see that the Malestrom was still pushing through despite the water flow and the bricks. Clearly there was still some things left to do.Andrew glanced at the books he had brought with him. A Tale of Two Cities wasn't going to be of much use in these circumstances. What's Occuring looked promising, but for some reason Andrew couldn't get it to open. The Great Pony Invasion sounded like a helpful advantage, but frankly it sounded like something he didn't want to mess with, even for his own salvation.He was about to open I, Jedi when he saw something in the corner of his eye. He looked back out of the Fire Hammer to see the steamers of shadow reaching down again. Tossing the book aside and grabbing his laser rifle, Andrew took aim and prepared to fire at whatever appeared.The streamers touched down just feet from his vehicle, and began to take a Minifig form. As it began to solidify, Andrew fired. Several times.Holes appeared in the figure's form, but they were quickly closed. Andrew groaned as the figure began to take on a reconizable appearance, and was suprised not to see Ahua or some other kind of Stroming, but "himself.""No! This isn't how it should go!" cried his "dark conciousness." "This isn't how it ends!"Before Andrew could react, the figure grabbed his arms and pulled him out of the vehicle. He lost his grip on his rifle as he fell, but before he could make a grab for it, he felt his "conciousness" grab him by the neck and pull him towards the side of the Fire Hammer.Andrew's "other self" looked at him with mad red eyes. "It's time we end this," he said, pulling out a familar needle from somewhere around his belt. "But first, I think we need to get a few last thing across."

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

IC: One by one the other three men revealed their names, Wilkes, Henderson, and Jones."Right," replied Garry. "Now keep an eye on Clark.""Why?" Clark asked. "I didn't do nothing.""You don't deny that you were alone with this helicopter?""No," replied Clark. "I was just waiting in the back.""I see," replied Garry. "With that pocket knife?""I don't want to jump to conclusions," replied Garry. "Right now you're our number one suspect. In the meantime we'd better move. It'll be getting dark soon, and if we want to find that temple-""Wait a minute Garry," replied Palmer. "We go to the Maelstrom temple with a Stromling... well, it would be unthinkable.""You're right," replied Garry. "That's why we'd better find him before we reach that temple, assuming he is among us."

"You sure you couldn't make radio contact?" Fuchs asked shyly."No," replied Windows."I think we ought to get an update out. We've just cured a Stromling. You can't get the rest of the team but could you reach the mainland?""I don't know," replied Windows. "I can try it I guess."Windows quickly ran out of the room, followed by Fuchs. As soon as he was in the radio room he stopped in shock."What is it?" Fuchs asked as he stepped inside. The radio was more or less destroyed. broken wiring lay everywhere as did fragments of metal and other parts."Who could have done this?"Windows looked at the ground and noticed a large fire axe."Looks like somebody didn't want us making contact with anyone," replied Fuchs, nervously.

The doors to the infirmary swung open as Windows and Fuchs walked back in."Somebody got to the radio," Windows shouted. "It's gone.""What?" Copper asked."I think there's another Stromling," replied Fuchs. "It could be any of us. We'll need to figure out a way to tell.""Well," replied Copper. "I had this one idea for a blood serum test. We have some samples of blood from our own staff. In theory, we can mix uncontaminated blood with a sample of each person's blood, and if there's a reaction, I suppose that will tell us who is infected."Copper walked into the back of the room, and unlocked a door, leading to a small storage area with a fridge, from which there was a large puddle of blood emerging.Quickly Copper unlocked the fridge to reveal several torn bags, all of them mostly empty, forming a large puddle at the bottom, which was spilling outside."This test," Nazareno asked as he approached. "Could it have worked?""Yeah," replied Copper. "It probably would.""Well somebody sure thought so," Fuchs said.

OOC:The plot thickens! (as the blood coagulates)I would IC, but I can't until I get a straight answer from PeaSam. So, until then, read and review my idea on the Dr. Cyborg talk page.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:Minerva ducked and quickly stepped to the side as Zach brought his Cosmotronic Ray arm down with full force. It slammed into the stone floor with a loud thud. Zach quickly turned and swung his gunarm at Minerva. She knocked down the gun with the Injection Saw and swung the device wildly at Zach, aiming only to injury him long enough so she could reason with him again.Zach parried every swing with ease, his mouth forming into a twisted smile. He delivered one crushing swing to the saw, causing Minerva to stumble back several feet.“Come on!” Zach yelled as he pointed his arm at her. “You made it seem like you were going to put up an actual fight. This pathetic showmanship is not a fight!” Zach started firing at Minerva. She ducked and started running around the chamber to avoid the deadly fire.Maybe I can use Ahua as I hostage-type thing. She thought, glancing over to the Stromling Islander. His face was twisted into anger as he stared at Andrew’s unmoving body. Zach cackled darkly.“I have no problem shooting him, Minerva!” Zach yelled. “You are going to have to be a bit more clever than that!” He continued to fire upon Minerva, grinning widely.I need to get close to him, but how? She glanced around to chamber as she ran to find something that could work to her advantage. Nothing appeared. Minerva swore angrily as she felt a bullet graze the top of her helmet. Then the idea appeared.It worked once, it can work again, right? She thought back to the battle against the Stromling Monkey in the camp. She unsnapped her helmet and ripped it off, allow her long brown hair to fall to her shoulders. She glanced at Zach for a second before throwing the helmet at him.Zach groaned at the helmet slammed into his chest, causing him to seize fire temporarily. Minerva ran at him, the Injection Saw poised to strike. Zach glanced up, his eyes flashing red. He raised the gun and quickly blocked the saw, stopping Minerva in her tracks.“Nice try!” Zach relished, grinning wildly. Minerva scowled at him and punched him in the face. He roared with anger as he forced Minerva away from him. Minerva held the Injection Saw tightly as Zach doubled over, clutching the right side of his face with his left hand. He suddenly looked up at Minerva and bared his teeth angrily. He stood up straight and curled his left hand into a fist. Minerva noted that Zach’s right eye was extremely swollen.“Zach, please!” she said, almost beggingly. “Just-”“Just what?!” Zach screamed. “Calm down?! Listen to you?! Disregard the Maelstrom?! I think I know a little more about what’s going on in my head then you, Minerva Fabello!” He charged at her and swung the Cosmotronic Ray at the Injection Saw, knocking it out of her hand. He then quickly turned and punched Minerva in the mouth with his left hand. She cried out and fell to her knees, clutching her mouth. She felt Zach’s hand slam into the side of her head, knocking her completely to the ground.“Good-bye!” Zach hissed, pointing the Cosmotronic Ray at Minerva. She quickly aimed a kick at his shins. He gasped and his legs buckled, forcing him to the ground. Minerva kicked him several more times in the stomach. She scrambled back to her feet and picked up the Injection Saw. Now was the moment of truth. She gripped Zach right shoulder and tore of what was left of his Dino Attack uniform sleeve with the saw. She was about to bring the needle down when Zach suddenly rolled to the side and jumped back to his feet.“Why can’t you slow down like a regular Minifig?!” Minerva exclaimed angrily as Zach began to approach her again. As their weapons collided again, Zach smirked.“Because I’m not a minifig, you moron.” Zach kicked Minerva back into the wall. She winced as Zach gripped her hair tightly and brought her head to eye-level. She squirmed under the uncomfortable tugging of her hair. Zach rolled his eyes. Minerva glared at him and suddenly spat in face in contempt. He growled as he wiped away the saliva. “I’m just about sick of you.”“So am I!” Minerva hissed, her anger at Zach’s arrogant nature growing. She was half tempted to just kill him and leave. As soon as she thought that, Zach smiled wide, his red eyes brightening. Minerva gasped. What if the Maelstrom is trying to get me to abandon Zach? Then she realized. The Maelstrom fears Zach's plan may work! Zach’s smile faded away suddenly and he turned and shoved Minerva away.“Oh, shoot," Zach said in a mocking tone. Or rather, the dark and distorted voice using Zach as a mouth. "I guess I'll have to cancel that plan. Not that it matters. Zachary will not escape. He is too important and too dangerous to lose.""You seemed fine having me kill him!" Minerva yelled back. Maelstrom!Zach threw back his head and laughed. His dark, haunting laughter filled Minerva with dread.""Foolish girl!" The voice spat. "I'd prefer if he remains my servent, but he escapes my grasp, he must die. I will take this planet whether he is in my hand or not. However, he will make things move more...swiftly! Forget Zach! He is mine!" Zach's eyes dimmed and he shook his head in a confused manner. He looked at Minerva and scowled."Zach!" she screamed, gripping the Injection Saw. "Listen to me!""The only person I will be listening to is the Baron," Zach growled."YOU. ARE. HIS. SLAVE!" Minerva yelled fiercely. "He will use you until he doesn't need you. He'll toss you aside like trash!" Zach twitched, his eyes flickering from red to black once before returning to the former. He snarled and charged at Minerva, his Cosmotronic Ray raised like a lance.

IC: "Why?!" cried Andrew's "dark conciousness." "Why can't you just let us have our fun!? Why CAN'T we just get this over with?!""Because I DON'T want this!" Andrew cried out in reply, struggling futility in his counterpart's grip. "I DON'T want to be a slave to the Malestrom, and neither should you!""Not this stupid Big Bad blahbity blah! What about what we want?! What about change?"Andrew stopped struggling for a second. "Is this all you can think about? Being a lizard man or shark guy or insectoid or gosh knows what? Context, man! Context!""So what?" his "conciousness" said, his voice noticably calming, though his grip on the needle hadn't lowered. "LEGO Island is safe, your Titanic car is safe, what else do you need? Why can't we just forget this whole war and go home?"Andrew listened to his other self and began to guess at what was going on. "All that matters to you, to 'us', is that you want to have the experience of being transformed, isn't it?""Isn't that obvious by now?""Yes, it has been. But the means you're going to want this... to be frank, you're sounding like a child here.""So what if I am?!" said his "conciousness", sounding like he was on the defensive."Well, you are a part of me, somehow, so I'm guessing that might have to do with some base level of instinct or desire. And the way you're being so frank about it, losing that cool and creepyness you had in our first encounter...""...I hate it when that happens." Andrew's "conciousness" lowered the needle, and his grip on Andrew's neck loosened."...basically, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I understand that you're embodying all that we-I want at some level or another. That young person's urge to focus less on what's important to others in favor to what's important to me. It's how I did use to act, so in a way I suppose you are me, a few years younger or something and man, this is sounding more and more nonsencial." Andrew held his hand to his forehead with an annoyed look."Dreams are nonsenical, you know," his other self remarked."But you aren't just in my dreams. You appeared twice-no, three time in my waking hours telling me crpytically about what was to come, and then berating me from turning away from your-my subconcious desires.""I'll be honest, I don't get it either. Nor do I get how we can see the future or present we haven't witnessed in here. I think it might have to do with the way people have dreamed of their own futures in folk legend or something. It's probably some weird part of how the wheels of destiny turn or whatnot." He said the part about the wheels in a mocking tone, gaining a snicker from Andrew.The being then asked "So what's the point of all this?""The point is," said Andrew, "that I understand that I want to be changed at some level or another, but the fact is that its just not practical at the moment. Not just due to the fact the Malestrom is as trustworthy as Dust, but because it isn't the most convient thing to do. Our team may have aliens and other creatures as team members, and people have been turned into or revealed to be dinosaurs, hybrids, dragon people or what have you, but in a genearl sense, it's a bit inconvient to have that suddenly happen to yourself. Friends might be alientated, clothes don't fit right, you make people afraid you might go crazy, and vehicles become alot less comfy."Andrew's "conciousness", other self, or whatever one might want to call it, comprehended his words for a few moments, then sighed, and let go of Andrew completely and threw the needle off into the water still trickling around. "Alright, you win. But do look into the idea at some point, somehow? You know how much this means to us.""I assure you," said Andrew, patting the entity's shoulder with a smirk, "I will."It seemed like a bit of a touching moment, albiet a very weird one even by Dino Attack standards, but it was soon broken as a horrible sound came from the shadows. It was like the screah of some monsterous bird mixed with the howl of a wolf, the scream of a crowd of zombies, and the rush of the wind all mixed into one.And then the shadows came rushing in, seeming to finally break the resistance of the water and the brick wall."Oh dear," Andrew muttered, looking at his other self. "Any-?"The entity pointed to the What's Occuring? book still in the Fire Hammer. With a nod of understanding, Andrew climbed back inside and reached for it, finally managing to open its cover.Inside was not a huge window, but simply a small picture, not unlike the picture from the book in Andrew's dream about the cave. Shown in the picture was the chamber he and Minerva had found Zach and Ahua.Glancing one last time to see the shadows closing in the vehcile and hear his "dark" conciousness cry "Get on with it!", Andrew slammed his hand on the picture, felt himself feel like he was being sucked into the book with a whoosing sound, and everything went black.And then he woke up with a jolt.His eyes opened to see the ceiling of the chamber. Quickly sitting up, he spotted Zach and Minerva not too far from his lower right side, Minerva weilding an injection saw, Zach his Cosmotronic Ray arm. The latter was charging at the former.Without thinking, or recalling the Stroming that was trying to convert him standing somewhere near him, he pushed himself onto his feet and ran towards his former ally.

IC:Vinyaya winced uncomfortably as the Fire Hammer went a bump as it quickly traveled through the jungle. After Semick’s official message, the Dino Attack’s forces had quickly turned heel and started back for the Temple of Creation.She sat in the back of the Fire Hammer while Dr. Martinet attended to her wounds. Up front was the driver, a black-haired minifig named Wedge, and Vinyaya’s rescuer, who she learned was named Catless. Control the Xenon Launcher in back was the XERRD-turned-Dino Attack ally Rudo Villano.She sighed tiredly, putting her hand to her head. She could feel several bruises on her head. She was being thrust from one battle to another. If Vinyaya hadn’t been a Space Police officer for many years, she probably wouldn’t have been able to handle it.Martinet examined Vinyaya’s stomach quietly, lightly touching the purplish bruises with his white-gloved hand. Vinyaya winced at every touch, Martinet muttering silently to himself at each reaction.Vinyaya glanced over to right door of the Fire Hammer. Laying in a crumpled heap was her Space Police armor. Martinet removed it to get a closer evaluation, but she didn’t mind too much. It was basically useless since it had been torn up by Colonel. She wore a simple light-blue jumpsuit with red Space Police badges on both her hands and chest. The Space Police had simply referred to the jumpsuit as the “Zero Suit” simply because it sounded cool. It did not protect her like the armor, but she was easily quicker and more agile in only the Zero Suit.“You know,” Vinyaya suddenly said to Martinet. “I’ve never seen you around here.”“That is because,” Martinet said, turning away for a moment to look through a medical kit. “I only arrived on the island a few hours ago.”“Why?”“Primarily because I got a message that my friend had been killed here,” he said, wiping his sweat-ridden face with a rag. “I had been working around Antarctica and LEGO City when the news had came that J.D. had been killed.”“J.D. was that medic who was working on a Maelstrom cure,” Vinyaya said, remembering the medic.“Yeah. I met him earlier this year after I started medical school. We became close friends. The message said he was killed by a Stromling. I think his name was Zach.”Vinyaya scowled, thinking of Zachary Virchaus. “That sounds right. He was the guy commentating on the battle like it was some sort of circus performance.”Martinet scoffed. “I’ve had enough circus performances for one lifetime. Roll up your sleeve please.” Vinyaya obeyed and Martinet injected her with a painkiller. “I figured as much. He got targeted by one of the Maelstrom’s bigger subordinates.”Vinyaya nodded. “You said you started medical school this year?” Martinet nodded. “How are you already a full doctor?”“Short version: Doctors were in high demand after the Dino Attack started. They promoted me right up so I could help out. I have to say I learned more in the several months working in the Dino Attack Medical Wing than at school. Before the Dino Attack, the most I could do was pop people some brightly colored pills and hoped they got better.” He chuckled. “I’ve done about as much as I can do. Think you will be able to fight?”Vinyaya stretched arm across her chest. “I think I have to. This is for the fate of the planet, after all.” Martinet smiled.“That’s the spirit, because I think I see this Maelstrom Temple up ahead...”*****************************He saw Minerva brace herself for his attack. Zach grinned. He had her now.Wham!He felt another body slam into his side like a football player. He and the other minifig flew to the side and slammed into the chamber, dislodging several bricks.Zach groaned, clearly dazed. He blinked several times before his vision cleared. He looked into the eyes of Andrew above him. “You!” Zach roared. He threw Andrew off of him and stood up. Minerva ran over to Andrew and helped back on to his feet. He couldn’t hear it, but it was obvious Minerva was thanking him for his sudden intervention.Behind him, he heard a pained groan layered with anger. Zach turned, smirking slightly at Ahua. He was breathing heavy and staring at Andrew with extreme contempt.“So nice of you two to rejoin us!” Zach boasted. “Though I must express disappointment that neither of you are dead. Particularly you, Ahua. I did have hopes that Andrew would tear you apart inside his head.“Why don’t you save this until after they’re dead,” Ahua scowled.“But dear Andrew is out of the loop! I know what’s going on. Minerva knows what’s going on. Andrew needs to know.”“Know what?” Ahua demanded, his eyes flashing violently.“That you purposely lead them here for the sole purpose of killing me!” Ahua’s face showed little emotion. The only evidence was a small raise of the eyebrow.“Don’t kid yourself, Ahua!” Zach scoffed. “Minerva told me. You ordered Ghost to capture her and bring her here! From there, I can assume you diverted and forced Minerva on a path here. You rigged that trap that brought her and Andrew here so they could kill me. Or at least weaken me enough so you could kill me. Prove me wrong, Ahua.” Ahua remained silent, glaring at Zach. Zach nodded curtly and turned back to Andrew and Minerva. “I’m terribly sorry that Ahua involved you in his convoluted plan. As I think of it now, he probably only wanted Minerva to come here. You were an extra, Andrew. An extra he decided to possibly make useful by corrupting into a Stromling. Oh well. I suppose you’ll be just as brick-bent on ‘saving’ me as Minerva, won’t you?”“It sounds we’re fighting until one of us submits,” Andrew responded. Minerva simply nodded in agreement. Zach rolled his eyes, but felt slightly worried. He had the opportunity to kill them one at a time and he had wasted his chance. Now he had to fight against both Minerva and Andrew. He also considered Ahua a hostile, so he was pretty much alone in this battle.But they are not Greybeard and Frozeen or Nazareno, a space cop, and a gunslinger. Greybeard and Frozeen were veteran fighters and difficult to defeat. Nazareno, the Space Police officer, and the gunslinger from the camp battle were skilled and clearly battle hardened fighters to an extent. Andrew and Minerva were nothing compared to those Minifigs.Zach grinned and charged at the Dino Attack Agents without warning. He elbowed Minerva to the ground and punched Andrew in the jaw, causing him to stumble back.“I feel like I’ve over said this,” Zach said stepping back as Minerva and Andrew regrouped. “But this time it is over. You two will die. End of story.”

OOC:Attention PeabodySam! This is your last chance to yea or nay X3 being assigned as Rex's bodyguard. If I do not receive a no by public post on Bzpower in the Dino Attack RPG within 24 hours of the time stamp on this post, I will assume you don't mind X3 guarding Rex. I am sorry for the ultimatum, but you have contracted PeaSam disease where you cannot.EDIT: I apologize. I shouldn't be so impatient. And actually, I wasn't planning for X3 to be in the temple. He would be outside, wanting to get in and help Rex. Maybe Amanda still is his bodyguard, but X3 would help or something?

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "You get anywhere when I was out?" Andrew muttered to Minerva, rubbing his jaw."Eh... somewhat," she replied. They were both slowly backing away from Zach, who was taking his time edging towards them. "I managed to get through a few times, but it's personally trying to hold him in.""Guess I've gotta give it another-" his words were stopped as Zach fired a blast near his legs, making him jump backwards and stumble around a bit. Zach advanced, pushing Minerva away for the moment."I have to say, I was disappointed to see you go out like that," the Stromling remarked. "And then you come back up and tackle me like nothing's changed. You didn't even do me a favor with Ahua.""Pfft," Andrew instinctively uttered, "you expected me to turn into a dino or something and tear him up in my mind? Me, overtaking a guy like him? You really are deluding yourself.""Perhaps I was," Zach responded as he came charging forward. ANdrew dove to his left, but he was predicted and Zach managed to tackle him in that direction. He pinned the Minifig to the ground and raised his Arm cannon for a melee strike, but Andrew managed to catch it in his hands and hold it up like a bar of weights."It was silly of me," said Zach, pushing his arm down harder, "to expect someone like you to do that, even in his own mind. You're hardly a match for the Malestrom, no matter how many things you build!""Definately not in brute force," Andrew responded, just as he noticed a figure approaching from somewhere behind his emeny. "But I think we're a bit brighter - and somewhat more aware of things."Sensing what Andrew was hinting at, Zach turned and kicked at Minerva, who was trying to sneak up on him with the injection saw once more. He managed to divert the tool and leave her stumbling back, but it left Andrew an opprotunity to punch him in the face and roll out of his grip.He got back up and darted towards Minerva. "Sorry about that one.""It's fine," she said under her breath, though she sounded a little annoyed. "We're getting him dangerously angry, though.""Perhaps, but the more we do get him angry and frustrated, the more likely we can get him-""It won't work and you know it!" Zach cried out, clearly furious as he aimed his gun arm at the pair. "You're going to die, here and now, plain and simple!"Andrew looked at Zach, his old ally and unknowing neigebor, and slowly made himself feel determed in spite of the perilous circumstances. "Maybe so, 'Zach'. But remember that even if we die, the fact that we're doing so 'stupidly' trying to reach your old self, and the more you beat us down only makes us more determined to resist and reach you!""More baseless optmism! That's not going to save Minifigkind when we-""Oh, really? I've heard Semick a couple times on the comn before we ended up down here, he seems to be keeping the team strong against whatever you've been throwing at him! Heck, they're off to the Temple of-wait, do I?" Andrew stuttered as both Minerva and Zach stared at him with odd looks. "Oh, whatever, I have a weird mind. Anyways, the team's resisted your traps and Stromling apes and monkies and whatever else your force's had up your sleve, and hasn't given up hope yet! Agents, good agents, have died today fighting for us all, and they're now done here and heading off to finish the job at the Temple of Creation! And with what you've learned about Ahua over here, all that means for you if you continue to serve the Malestrom, regardless of what happens to the team, you'll die alone in this empty shell of a temple, or worse, be absorbed fully by your 'ally' and suffered some Lovecraftian fate for eterntiy!"Andrew studided Zach's face, but could see nothing but his angry glare holding up, albiet with what looked like a slight flicker in his red eyes. "Simply put, Stromling, either kill us and face your end, or come back to us and let Zachary out again."After a second or two, "Zach" said "... you're all talk, but I say you speak too much of yourself. Minerva, care to counter for your last words?"Andrew turned to the woman who was more involved in this matter than he was. "Sounds like final call. Make it count."

IC: The jungles were thick and relatively dense as the six men stepped through, pushing their way through vines and bushes."You sure you know where this temple is?" Jones asked."Of course," replied Palmer. "As a pilot I actually have to know the area."Wilkes was shooting an uneasy glance toward Clark. None of the men seemed to comfortable with him, knowing he was the most likely out of all of them to be a Stromling.The jungle was starting to fill with a purple mist. "I don't like the look of this," Clark said, nervously."Shut up, Clark," replied Palmer. "You're probably hoping we go in deeper.""Calm down," replied Garry."You know," said Palmer. "Someone here isn't who he appears to be. I say we deal with Clark now before he gets too powerful."Garry promptly raised his gun at Palmer. "Look, I don't want to shoot anyone until I'm certain. You've gotten me this far Palmer, but I will kill you if I have to.""Thank kill me," replied Palmer. Garry raised his pistol. "I mean it," he said."I guess you do."At that moment, Clark was infuriated. He reached for his pocket knife. "I bet Garry's the Stromling," he thought to himself. "I'm not infected. I'm not infected. Garry is and he's turning everyone against me."With that, Clark promptly charged toward Garry, but before he could stab him, Garry instinctively turned and shot him through the head, killing him instantly.Taking a few minutes to realize what he'd done, Garry lowered his pistol. Palmer turned and continued into the mist."You did what you had to do," Henderson said as he followed Palmer. Garry sighed, and followed them into the purple fog.

IC:"Wait,” Minerva said, turning to Andrew. “Why would the team be going to the Temple of Creation?”“I assume Ahua told you?” Zach said to Andrew, smirking. “This temple was a red herring. A trap. A trap XERRD led you to with the Maelstrom’s subordinates providing an ambush. I imagine at this point, the infiltration squad you were apart of has already realized their mistake and have informed the team to start heading back to the Temple of Creation.”Minerva felt a small bit of anger rise. They had been tricked again. However, that was least of her concerns. Her primary focus was the Stromling that stood before her that she had feelings for.“Well, Minerva?” Zach asked impatiently. “Anything to say?”Minerva was thinking. She had seen it. Andrew’s words had some effect over Zach. A weak one that lasted for second, but still an effect. She needed to boost Andrew’s words and hopefully they would sway Zach over.“Andrew is right,” Minerva finally said. Zach rolled his eyes, unimpressed. “I-” she faltered. What else can I say?“Tsk,” Zach tutted. “Not much of a speaker, are you?”“Well what do you want me to say?” Minerva snapped angrily. Zach recoiled slightly, but his twisted smile remains. “‘The Maelstrom is bad, the Dino Attack Team is good’? You’ve heard this all before.”“I have.”“You are content with serving a dark entity bent on destroying everything?!” she exclaimed. “The Maelstrom and your ‘Baron’ are evil monsters who want nothing more to use you to achieve its dark goals. You are their puppet! Their pawn in this stupid fight! You help them take over the planet and then kill you!”“I think-” Zach began.“No! Shut up and let me finish! You are a tool that when its purpose is fulfilled, you will be discarded. And you clearly can’t trust your own allies, since that stupid native wants to kill you. There are probably more Stromlings that want to kill you! There is no teamwork or any bonding. Service in the Maelstrom is a battle of it’s own for command. Where anything goes. And you think the Maelstrom cares about its Stromlings killing each other? No! I bet it finds it amusing you all kill each other. For absolutely nothing!” Her voice cracked as she finished speaking. Zach stirred slightly, silent, shocked by Minerva’s outburst.“And...” she suddenly continued, staring into Zach’s glowing red eyes with fierce determination. “I love you. And I’m not going stop fighting until you are with us again.” Beside her, Andrew simply nodded in agreement.Zach’s eyes began flickering again. He bit his lower lip in frustration. His head twitched several times. He looked at the two of them with a mix of happiness and loathing.“Did you...” Andrew drifted up, watching Zach shake. Minerva shrugged, backing away. Zach unleashed an angry scream.“HE...WILL...NOT...ESCAPE!!” The Maelstrom screamed through Zach. His gun arm shaking violently, he pointed it directly at Minerva.“We need to finish it off,” Andrew muttered. “I-MOVE!” He shoved Minerva out of the way of Zach’s blast. She stumbled, dropping the Injection Saw. She quickly caught herself on the chamber wall, panting. She turned to Zach.Andrew had charged at Zach and punched him in the stomach. Zach wildly swung the Cosmotronic Ray at him. Andrew dodged the weapon and landed another punch on Zach’s cheek. Zach stepped back, supporting himself with the Cosmotronic Ray, and fired his own punch at Andrew, hitting him in the chest.Minerva ran at Zach, his back turned turn her. She gripped his shoulders and sharply kneed him in his spine. He roared out in pain. Minerva quickly wrapped her arms around Zach’s and held him tight against his body.“Do it!” she screamed to Andrew. He nodded and started punching Zach repeatedly in the stomach. Zach grunted with each punch, his head falling slack. As Andrew stopped, Zach’s head suddenly shot back up and he kicked Andrew in the stomach, sending the other LEGO Islander back.Zach broke free of Minerva’s hold and turned to attack her, but he was to slow. As Zach’s eyes met hers, she threw punch after punching to his face. She threw one last punch before grabbing Zach’s Dino Attack uniform tightly. She pulled him to her right and quickly slung him to her left, releasing him. His back slammed into the wall.Andrew rejoined her, coughing once. “He can’t last much longer.”“I think he is finished,” Minerva responded, wiping her sweaty forehead. Zach looked up once, his eyes still bright red, before closing them slowly and sliding to the floor. Minerva stared at Zach’s hunched over body. His breathing was irregular and rapid. Minerva returned to the spot where she had dropped the Injection Saw. She picked up and turned back to Zach.Now was the moment of truth.OOC: Andrewnuva, I kindly request that you do NOT post as Andrew until I post again. Thank you.

OoC:Andrew glad to see, you’re back. You missed some big stuff with Dust’s death and the red herring. Takanuva, I don’t even know where to begin with you! It was way back at the assault on the XERRD fortress we last saw your characters.Sorry I’ve been gone, schools been keeping me working and I have finals next week. I have much more important things to do then post but whatever!IC:Hertz was slightly disappointed to see the watch-out-for-guys-named-snake cliché was holding up. Agent Snake clearly did not trust him and the feeling was mutual.Paranoia was rooted deep in the DA. He could not blame them; they had been betrayed two many times to simply allow newcomers in with open arms. He just wished they could trust him.Well Berry drove, Dactyl, Helm, Hotwire, Cabin, and Snake looked increasingly nervous. Once Helm had rapped his arm in a sling he slid into the passenger seat beside Jackson.“What’s going on? You must know something I don’t because everyone seems to be leaving.”“That battle was a waste.” Said Jackson “Everyone died for nothing. The Renaissance and the Talon are gone and Mur is dead.”Hertz’s mouth dropped. “Are you saying…”“Yah, this is not the maelstrom temple.” Muttered Jackson. “We all have to drive miles out of our way to get to the temple of creation. Rex and Rotor are there now but I doubt they would have lasted long alone.”Hertz had no idea what to think. The people here had sacrificed there lives for nothing, Vinyaya was probably dead and Rex and Amanda where probably dieing. They had lost the two best helicopters in their arsenal and had not even made a dent in the limitless hoard of Stromlings.“So are we going to the temple of creation now?” asked Hertz.“Dust and Schattenberg’s team already got there. The UlTech drop ship got them there really fast so hopefully they’re waiting for us.”Hertz sat back in his chair and sighed. Out of one battle and into another. He had almost died at the battle of the forbidden ruins; he did not know whether his luck would hold out at the real fight.He had to think about Naomi. He would never see her again; they might never hold each other in each other’s arms. Hertz loved her and he was sure she felt the same way about him he just longed to be with her one last time.He put his head in his arms and gazed at the ceiling of the cab. Naomi gave him a will to live and a sensation he had not felt before. He would not throw his life away if it meant not being with her.I'm really starting to sound like a romantic. Thought HertzThe Techy smiled. He had never felt so sure about anything in his life. Even though he had fallen in love with the nurse in such a short period of time hee was positive it was not just lust. Yes she was gorgeous, but his heart told him it was something more.“Pull over.”“What?” asked Shotgun surprised? “Why?”“I have to go to outpost 4. It’s only a half mile hike.” Said Hertz. “I have something I need to do.”“I don’t like the idea of you walking threw the jungle alone,” frowned Shotgun.“I’ll be okay.” Smiled Hertz. “There is work I need to do.”“Let the kid go Berry.” Called Helm. “As long as he sticks to the beach they’re be no trouble.”Jackson shook his head as he brought the Fire Hammer to a stop. “This better be important Hertz.”“It is,” said Hertz as he jumped from the cab. He grabbed a Sonic Screamer and shook Hotwire’s hand.The agents shrugged and Shotgun put his foot on the gas. The jeep drove away leaving Hertz standing alone on a beach with a broken arm holding a big gun.This was a stupid ideaLooking along the sands he shouldered the gun and headed south.

That is all

IC: "I don't like the looks of this place," Jones said to himself as they proceeded through the mysterious yet eerie purple fog. Still, there was less tension. The death of the one Stromling in their group gave a few feelings of relief all around. With some time, they soon finally found something."I really don't like the looks of this," Jones said again, looking at the long, rickety bridge over an enormous chasm."We don't have much choice," replied Garry. "We come this far. We can't stop now.""I'm with Jonesy here," replied Palmer. "I say we turn back.""We can't go back now," replied Garry. "Our guys are dying at the wrong temple, we're the only chance of helping Rex and his small group."There was a moment of silence. Palmer sighed and began to cross the bridge.

"What do we do?" Fuchs asked nervously as he looked into the storage room."Try to remain calm," replied Copper. "We'll just have to wait until Garry comes back.""What if Garry doesn't come back, man?" Windows shouted. "We can't reach znap because some 4+ took out our radio, and one of us might not be who he appears. By the time anyone gets here it could be all of us.""He's right," replied Fuchs. "It would bring an abrupt halt to a major scientific discovery."Nazareno stood quiet. He seemed to be watching everyone. At that moment, a young female nurse stepped into the lab and looked on the scene in confusion."What's going on?" She asked."There you are, Carver," Crusher remarked, looking up from her work. "Apparently somebody got to the blood and destroyed the radio."

IC:Zach was breathing heavily, his eyes closed trying to concentrate. Minifig!Zach was unrelenting in his push for control of his mind. Get down! Stromling!Zach growled to the minifig. He got no response from Minifig!Zach, but another fearsome push for control. Zach swore under his breath and responded to the mental attack with his own battering. He managed to push Minifig!Zach back a considerable distance, but he knew he would be back.Zach could hear the combined footsteps of Minerva and Andrew approach him. He looked up and saw Minerva crouching at his level, the Injection Saw in her hand. Andrew stood behind her, prepared to defend her just in case.“Zach?” she called out. Zach snarled in response. Minerva flinched. “He’s still trapped,” she said to Andrew.“And he’s never getting out!” Zach roared suddenly.“Well, we have him down. I think we might as well try the cure,” Andrew replied. Minerva nodded and began to move the Injection Saw toward Zach’s right shoulder. Zach hissed and shoved the Injection Saw away.“Hold his arm down,” she said to Andrew. He nodded and gripped Zach’s left arm tightly. Minerva began to descend on Zach’s shoulder again. As the needle touched his bare skin a dark violet hand suddenly grabbed Minerva’s neck and pulled her back.“Znap!” Andrew said. He rose to his feet as Ahua shoved Minerva to the side. Ahua turned to Andrew, grinning wickedly. Andrew went after Ahua only for his face to meet and fist. Ahua fired several more punches before swinging his spear arm at Andrew, cutting his side. Andrew fell to the ground, clutching his side and groaning. Ahua placed his foot on Andrew’s chest, pinning him to the ground.“No!” Minerva screamed, running at Ahua. Ahua quickly turned his body and caught Minerva by her neck and hoisted her high in the air.“We must thank you both, Minerva Fabello and Andrew,” Ahua mused. “You have finally crushed our enemy when we could not. However, he must die. No exceptions. Naturally, you two think differently, and you both must be killed. Starting with the girl.” Ahua tightened his grip around Minerva’s neck. Minerva gasped and cried out, trying to pry Ahua’s fingers away from her neck to no avail.Zach watched the whole thing. Minerva’s breathing was become strained. She struggled, trying to break the Islander’s grip. She kicked her legs fiercely, trying to reach Ahua. Finally, she gave up and glanced at Zach, her eyes wide with fear.“Please!” Minerva manage to choke out to Zach. “Please, Zach!” Zach didn’t respond, but a knot was forming in his stomach. The pleading look in her eye gave Minifig!Zach renewed strength. Zach’s face twisted in pain.He glanced down at Andrew. He was trying to pull himself back up, but Ahua kept him pinned. He glanced at Zach. His face clearly showed fear.“Zach,” Andrew coughed as Ahua applied pressure to Andrew’s chest. “I know you’re in there. Help...” Andrew coughed again as Ahua pushed down harder. Zach bit his tongue and clutched his head as the contest for his mind began again.He tried to prevent himself from looking at Minerva again, but he gave up and looked at her again. She was back to struggling, but she moved considerably less. Her breathing also slowed down and became extremely ragged. Zach raised his eyebrow as a black and purple mist suddenly began to slink up Ahua’s arm and it wrapped itself around Minerva’s head. She let out a weak, broken scream as her head was consumed by the Maelstrom.“Are you corrupting her?” Zach asked, confused.“No,” Ahua scoffed, smirking at his victim. “The Maelstrom is suffocating her. Rather painful way to die.” Ahua chuckled darkly, Minerva’s screams were silenced and her thrashing seized.Zach was in a daze. He could feel himself become choked up. He looked back at Andrew, who was concentrating on getting Ahua off him. While he had only worked with him a few times early during the Adventurers’ Island campaign, he considered Andrew a good friend who had saved him multiple times and had even ventured into this temple to save his life again. They were probably more alike in interests, hobbies, and skills than Zach would like to admit. And through Andrew, Zach thought of LEGO Island. He had been born in America and his family lived in America, but LEGO Island was his true home. The days he had spent racing, building, eating pizza, and helping out the citizens were brought to mind. He thought of friends such as Pepper Roni, Sky Lane, Nubby Stevens, Snap Lockitt, Captain Rom, and more. Even thoughts of the Brickster and the atrocities he had committed in 1997, 2001, 2002, and 2007 warmed his heart. He felt a sudden longing to be back at those happier times.What are you doing?! The Maelstrom yelled. Zach ignored him, letting the memories of the past swamp him. Guilt began to rise as he allowed both Dino Attack Agents to meet their deaths. He almost longed for those times again. He glanced up at Minerva again. The Maelstrom had cleared up enough they he could clearly see her face. Her face was extremely pale. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was extremely shallow.He stared at her, his own breathing mimicking hers. Their first meeting on the island was not exactly the greatest, but after fighting with her they became friendly toward each other. Minerva made it apparent early on that she had some sort of affection toward him. After she had ventured into the XERRD fortress to save his life, he became to reciprocate the feelings. When Minerva had claimed they were just friends after Oswald’s massacre in the camp, he had secretly crushed, but the Maelstrom soon swept away any sadness over being friendzoned.And now he sat here, watching Minerva die before his eyes. Despite how anxious he had been to kill her earlier, he did not anticipate how much inner turmoil her death would cause her. She admitted her feelings to him. As much as he wanted to deny it, he couldn’t. He loved her. Zach couldn’t let her die. He wouldn’t let her die.At the moment, the Maelstrom couldn’t hold Zach back any longer. No! It screamed. Impossible! Zach ignored the screaming voice and he managed to pull himself to his feet. He felt dizzy and weak, but he ignored the nausea and started over to Andrew, Minerva, and Ahua. He thought of nothing except saving the former two.He launched out his left hand and grabbed Ahua’s neck tightly. Ahua gasped and dropped Minerva, who let in a large gulp of air as she leaned against the wall, massaging her throat. Zach shifted Ahua off of Andrew, allowing the Elite Agent to quickly slide away from the Stromling Islander.Zach glared at Ahua with a look of pure fury. Ahua responded with his own scowl. “A rather bad time to kill us, Zachary. I was just about to kill them for you.”“You aren’t killing them,” Zach groaned, tightening his grip. His head began to pound as the Maelstrom screamed and tried to force itself back into control.Ahua chuckled, as if this amused him greatly. “So kill them yourself. And afterwards, we will kill you. You are still weak. We can feel it. Kill them. For the glory of the Maelstrom.”“I’m not killing them,” Zach hissed, bringing Ahua close to his face. “I’m not killing anyone for you or for the Maelstrom ever again.” Ahua smiled faded away immediately and his eyes widened in sudden horror. Zach swung back his Cosmotronic Ray and, with all the strength left in his body, he swung the gun into Ahua’s chest. The Stromling Islander flew across the chamber and was buried nearly a foot into the wall, sending stone debris everywhere. Ahua didn’t move, and for all intents and purposes, he was dead to Zach.Zach stumbled backward and fell to the ground, his breathing hoarse and strained. He closed eyes as the Maelstrom attacked him again, its defiant screams growing louder.“Zach?” Andrew asked cautiously. “As in ‘the’ Zach?”Zach coughed. “Zachary Virchaus, Dino Attack Agent and free of the Maelstrom's control. For now.” He opened his eyes. Andrew and Minerva were crouched around him. Andrew’s face held mostly concern, but he could see some relief. Minerva’s face was wet with tears, but she smiled at him weakly.“Minerva, your hair,” Zach muttered. Most of her hair was still dark brown. However, she had several streaks of pure white hair mixed in that shined brightly despite the dimmed purple aura that illuminated the temple. The brightness of her hair gave Zach some warmth despite the cold that threatened to consume him.“Get the Injection Saw,” Zach said quietly. The Maelstrom was growing angrier and angrier the longer it wasn’t in control. Minerva quickly stood up and picked up the fallen Injection Saw and brought it back to Zach.“Right shoulder,” he muttered. She lifted up Zach’s Cosmotronic Ray arm and glanced at his shoulder. She silently ran her hand down the long red scar on his shoulder. “Scar from Provencal’s Injection Saw that injected me with the Maelstrom. Try not to cut me with that thing this time around.” Minerva nodded and tried to aim the needle, but found her hand shaking nervously. Andrew and Zach reached across and gripped the Injection Saw to steady it. Minerva nodded and carefully dug the needle into Zach’s skin. Minerva the released the blue liquid.Zach breathed a sigh of relief as he watched the blue liquid quickly exit the syringe and enter his bloodstream. After all the cure was in his body, Minerva carefully pulled the saw away and discarded it.“I hope this works,” Zach said, mostly to himself. “If it doesn’t...” He didn’t want to think about it. Instead, he focused on fighting against the Maelstrom in his head. He focused on his happy memories, his determination to escape the Maelstrom’s control, and his desire to be with Minerva.“Listen,” he said urgently to his friends. “If this doesn’t work and I’m still a Stromling, I’ll probably succumb to the Maelstrom eventually. If that happens, kill me. Don’t hesitate, just do it.” Minerva had a frightened look on her face, but Andrew shook his head.“That won’t be necessary,” Andrew said with certainty. “You’ll make it out of this. We all will. We’ve made it too far to fail now.” Zach showed a weak smile, Andrew’s confidence improving his own. The Maelstrom roared in disagreement, causing Zach’s brain to pound against his skull painfully.“I think I’m losing consciousness,” Zach said, feeling suddenly dizzy. “My guess is the cure will work its magic when I’m out. However, that’s probably when I most vulnerable to the Maelstrom’s attacks.” Zach sighed, slightly annoyed. “Hopefully this cure will provide some back-up against it quickly.”Drowsiness began to set in. “I hope the next time I wake up, I have red hair and yellow skin again,” Zach said calmly. “Regardless of what happens, thank you both for coming after me. Even after making a gigantic ##### of myself.” Andrew and Minerva smiled faintly.He felt darkness begin to consume him. As he consciousness left him, Zac knew he was enter the most important battle of his life. He closed his eyes one last time and embrassed the darkness, praying to Builder for survival.

IC: Andrew breathed a sigh of relief. "It's done. Or at least, we've done everything we can here. I guess it's all down to him now."Minerva stared at her close ally's unconcious body. It was still the same as it had been, but hopefully that would soon change. "...you think he's going to have to go through something like what you went through with Ahua?""It's quite likely," he said, "given what he was saying and how the Malestrom is still trying to take him. Hopefully the cure and moitvation we gave him should help him fight it off."Glancing around, he looked at the way they came in. "Now we have to worry about us for a bit. Given that this temple isn't hosting the Malestrom, and that it's likely pulling the bulk of its forces out to help defend the other temple, and Ahua looks pretty dead, we should be safe from attack for the most part. But now we have to get out.""...Ooh, haven't thought of that for a bit.""We should start looking for an exit, but I don't know if we should be carrying around Zach or just wait for him to eventually get up." He turned to Minerva. "Do you mind going off to check for an exit route? I can keep watch for Zach in the meantime.""Oh, um," Minerva said, obviously debating whether or not she wanted to leave Zach's side. "Sure, I'll go out and have a brief look.""Thanks," said Andrew, walking towards where he had dropped his laser rifle when Ahua had knocked him out. "Don't worry, I can handle this."Minerva nodded. As she walked towards the doorway, Andrew noted the small Malestrom puddle that was still in the middle of the chamber. He eyed it closely as he leaned over Zach's body, wary that it may try something at the last minute.

OOC: I'm sorry if I didn't nail the description. I've gone over PeabodySam's past few posts and tried my best to trace the route, but I can't garantee I'll get every little detail right.IC: At the end of the rickety bridge was the entrance to the temple, at last."I really don't like the looks of this," Wilkes said."We got to proceed," replied Palmer. "If we're to have any chance of saving the rest of your teammates."Reluctantly Garry walked through the large opening among the thick cobwebs. "It's obvious someone's been here," he muttered.As soon as Jones had stepped into the room, Garry noticed a strange corpse."What is that?" Palmer asked."Looks like a spider of some kind," replied Garry."It's got four legs," replied Henderson."Well, why is nothing attacking us now?" Palmer asked."I wouldn't tempt fate like that," replied Garry. "We'd best keep moving."True to his orders Garry proceeded through the long and dark corridors. Stromling corpses lay everywhere, but very little else to be seen."We should split up," Palmer said."No," replied Garry. "I don't want to take any chances in a place like this."Then it happened. There were footsteps. Someone was running around. The figure was obscured by the shadows, but they seemed to be lost.Cautiously, Garry reached for his pistol and aimed it up towards the figure. There was a brief moment where he was about to fire as the figure ran blindly toward them... into Palmer's arms. Consequently she tried to resist."It's alright," replied Palmer. "We're friends."The figure had turned out to be a terrified young girl. She was practically screaming as Garry lowered his weapon."Take it easy," he said. "Calm down."Still, the poor girl could not help panicking. She finally broke free of Palmer's strong grip before looking at the others."Who are you?" She asked nervously."We're friends," replied Garry.Palmer moved in closer. "Listen Garry, it does seem a little odd a teenager could easily have managed to survive in this ammount of time.""What do you mean?" Garry asked."They've been here for a few hours," replied Garry. "Even if she was with them that's more than enough time for her to be taken by the Maelstrom.""Good point," replied Garry. "But I don't want to take a chance and risk shooting an innocent. You got a name?""Kate," replied the girl. "Kate Bishop.""Garry," Palmer said. "I'm telling you, she's a Stromling. I got a really bad feeling.""I know," replied Garry. "We'll keep an eye on her, watch her close."All this certainly was not helping poor Kate, whose eyes seemed to be swelling further with tears. All this time she'd been running for her life and now the only people who could help her were discussing killing her."Get me out of here," replied Kate. "This place is driving me mad. I can't find the way out.'"Calm down," replied Garry. "What's going on?""We were in the center of the temple," replied Kate. "Things got out of hand, some XERRD scientists showed up and then Rex tried to fight them off. Then I ran when nobody was looking."OOC: Feel free to interact with them PeabodySam. Just don't do anything with Palmer just yet. I got plans for what he's going to do.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC:And the group that goes into the temple doesn't see the team that Dr. Cyborg is the de facto commander of? Unless that team is already in the temple. I'll work with that tomorrow. Until then, even though I don't have much seniority, I respectfully request no one post inside the temple, except for PeabodySam, who is already in the center and is therefore the only group ahead of Dr. Cyborg's team.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: This would've been in my last IC, but I got lazy.IC: Semick was determed as he flew towards the foreboding sight of the Temple of Creation. Determined to ensure that the Malestrom got its retribution for its trickery and strikes against Dino Attack. Determined to ensure the team would leave victorious. Determined that the LEGO Planet would be saved.But determination only got one so far. There were still practical matters. The Temple of Creation was in the middle of a vast "sea" of Malestrom mist or energy or something, connected to the main island by a very worn rope-plank bridge. This would likely not be helpful for the ground forces, as it meant they had to abandon all vehicles except maybe the Steel Sprinter (and even then that was a little risky for the rope bridge). Only the T-1s and the ADO's remaining aircraft would be useful.As for helping the ground team get across, Semick already had an idea. Picking up his mic again, he sent a message to the remaining aircraft."To our T-1 Typhoon pilots and ADO allies: Know that we cannont simply walk into The Temple of Creation. It's isolated on an island in the midst of some sort of 'sea' of Malestrom energy connected only to the mainland by an old rope bridge. We need extra help to be able to infltrate the temple. I want all our craft to assist in readying several ropes streching from the cliffs to the temple from which we can get agents to zip-line over. I remind you all that our T-1s have the necessary equipment for this operation, but we will need to be careful. I want all of you to be on guard once we start getting agents across. Zip-lines leave us extraordinarily vulnerable, espically when we're trying to cross a massive chasm. Ospery, feel free to try and help our men set these up. I figure you guys would be more adept at preparing zip-lines and other means of rope-based mobility."Operate quickly and efficiently. We don't know if we're racing against time here, but I don't want to take my chances."Looking back towards the temple, Semick also realized that there likely wasn't going to be an easy way for the T-1s to assist. There was no real room for any exterior battles to play out, given the size of the "island" the temple was on, and firing on the temple was likely to prove dangerous for any agents inside.There was only one real option: to try and barrage the temple rooftop to see if they could open a hole large enough to provide a view that allowed the T-1s to provide watch, if not some small cover fire. Even then there was risk. Semick didn't know what Rex's team's status was, so any attack on the temple's exterior now could risk injuring them when the debris and gunfire came roaring in.He needed to find out what they were doing, and quickly. "Bluetooth," he said to his technician buddy, "can you lock onto any Dino Attack Agent frequencies within the temple?""Sure," he replied, taking a few moments to scan the temple for DA agents. "I'm getting about... eight to ten or so readings. One half of them close to the entrance, the other half spread out around a massive area near the back.""Narrow down the T-1's transmitter to the temple. I want to see if I can reach any PDA's, communicators, cell phones, device hidden in a silver dollar, what have you."Bluetooth took a few moments tinkering with the radio settings. "Should be good," he said as he turned a knob.Semick picked up the mic and gave some more words to it. "To any Dino Attack agents within the Temple of Creation, can you hear me? This is team commander Semick, seeking word on your status!"

IC:Minerva exited the chamber and glanced down the hallway, barely illuminated by dark violet light. She quickly determined which way the slide had ended and continued down the hallway.Her anxiety was building up. She feared Zach would be taken by the Maelstrom again. And she could only see trying to save him again being nigh impossible to complete. But Andrew seemed confident Zach could overcome the Maelstrom. And the cure, provided it even worked, should definitely help.She walked through several twisting and narrow hallways. She felt claustrophobia begin to creep on her again, but she ignored the feeling of dread. She certainly felt lucky there weren't any other paths so far. She probably would've gotten lost and never see Andrew or Zach again.Finally, she pulled into a straight corridor. She walked down it, rubbing her bandaged hand against the wall. She pulled some of her hair out in front of her face. Indeed, her hair had changed. There were multiple streaks of pure white hair that contrasted her brown hair. It seemed to glow as she stared at it. She rubbed the white strands of hair carefully. It felt like regular hair.I think the Maelstrom caused this, she thought, bouncing her hair lightly in her hand. Suddenly, she came upon a dead-end. "That can't be right," Minerva muttered. Had she missed another passage? She stared at the cold, stone wall, frustration growing.There is no way out. Minerva first thought. The only other way was the slide, and that was impossible to climb up. Then: No, there has to be a way out. How would Ahua and Zach get out of here otherwise? Perhaps when Zach woke up, she would ask him. She started to lean on the dead-end wall when she suddenly felt herself slip and tumble through the wall. She gasped as she quickly regained her balance."Where-?" she began. Ahead of her was a small flight of stairs. Above the stairs, natural light peeked through the ceiling. Minerva smiled in realization. She turned and ran through the camouflaged passage back to the chamber.*****************************************Zach woke up with a jolt."Andrew! Minerva!" he sputtered. "Are you...whoa." He was no longer in the Maelstrom Temple, that was certain. As he remembered the events that had just took place, he realized he was probably in a dream. A dream that was actually happening.Zach stumbled to his feet. He was a Minifig, which made him happy. However, the feelings faded away as he stared ahead. He saw a great black and purple swirling void that covered every inch of visible space. It rotated fiercely, blowing wind into his face. In the center of the Maelstrom was a set of two, red eyes that stared at him.Zach turned. Behind him towered the mighty and iconic Information Center. It looked strong and sturdy, yet clearly battle-worn. He was quick to realize that in this real-dream, the Information Center acted as the control center to his very mind. For several days, the Maelstrom had controlled it. And now Zach stood alone, knowing that if the Maelstrom consumed this building, he would become a Stromling again.Then he realized he was quite alone. To the right of him he saw Minifig forms of Andrew, Nazareno, Minerva, Semick, Raider, and Bluetooth. They all held weapons in their hands, ready to defend the Information Center to the end. Zach quickly realized that his cherished memories were appearing with him to repel the Maelstrom.To his left, he saw Pepper Roni, Sky Lane, the Infomaniac, the Brickster, and an army of Brickster-Bots. All of them stared straight ahead, a determined look on each of their faces. Zach heard a dark, haunting laughter with a slight British accent emit from the void."You think this will stop me?" The Maelstrom hissed. "How pitiful." A strike of bright purple lightening suddenly shot forth from the spinning cloud of evil and struck Semick in the chest. He slid back on his feet from the force, but was otherwise unfazed.A loud thunder roared from the Maelstrom as several more blasts started to strike the group assembled. Zach dodged each blast with the other Minifigs, desperately trying to think of a way to defeat the Maelstrom once and for all.There was a loud bang from the vortex and a single figure shot out from the eye of the storm. He landed before Zach, his grin twisted and evil. Zach recoiled. The Minifig was a grotesque combination of Zach and the Maelstrom; the dream embodiment of Stromling!Zach, who had simply been an uneven combination of the Maelstrom's desires and personality (the dominant part of the figure) and Zach's memories and personality (the lesser part).Stromling!Zach suddenly turned and struck Raider hard in the chest with his fist. Raider let out a surprised gasp before bursting into pieces. Pepper and Nazareno ran at the Stromling, but they both met a similar fate. Zach watched in horror as the Maelstrom moved closer to the Information Center, destroying everything it touched. He was losing the fight.He watched Sky, Bluetooth, and the Infomaniac also meet their ends at the hands of Stromling!Zach. One by one, his memories were being torn apart and tossed away. The Brickster and Andrew were both struck by the Maelstrom lightening when they fell. The Brickster-Bot army had been quickly eliminated. The only ones who remained were Semick, Minerva, and Zach.Another strike in the head by Stromling!Zach had Semick fall back, disassembling. Zach gripped Minerva's hand tightly as Stromling!Zach approached the two of them, grinning maniacally. He shoved Minerva to the side and grabbed the collar of Zach's Dino Attack uniform."You are mine!" Stromling!Zach said in an creepily distorted version of Zach's own voice. The Maelstrom surrounded the Information Center, the dark haunting laughter echoing across the area. He was finished. The Maelstrom had won.Suddenly, Stromling!Zach was pulled away by a new minifig who glowed bright blue. The glowing Minifig kicked the Stromling forcefully, sending him falling back. His back slammed into the ground and he did not get back up. The glowing Minifig pointed at the void and bright blue lightening shot from his finger tips. The Maelstrom grunted painfully as it began to shrink. Groans turned into full on screams of anger, shouting curses to Zach and to the minifig. The Maelstrom was growing smaller and smaller."YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME!" the Maelstrom screamed. "I AM FOREVER!" Zach simply shook his head as he stood by the glowing minifig. He added on to the Minifig's attack. Thoughts of happiness, imagination, and love that shook the Maelstrom right to its core. The screams were growing dimmer. Zach stepped back as the Maelstrom, now a pitiful size that could easily be disposed off, suddenly fled the scene. The Maelstrom was gone. The blue lightening, despite it's enemy being crushed, shot toward the horizon at a rapid pace.And suddenly, the entire area changed. The Information Center had disappeared and Zach simply stood in dark room light by a single white light. From the shadows approached the glowing blue minifig. He smiled warmly and tiredly at Zach and extended a hand. Zach accepted it silently, shaking it gratefully."Who are you?" Zach asked. The minifig seemed familiar."I am J.D.," the minifig said simply. "I created the prototype cure for the Maelstrom. And it seems Minerva has followed my last request and has injected it into you and has saved you from a lifetime of service to the Maelstrom, Zachary.""I-what?!" Zach was shocked. J.D. nodded, still smiling. "I killed you! How are you here?""Because the main ingredient of my cure was portion of my own Creative Spark," J.D. remarked. "It's imagination repelled the Maelstrom and goes now to repair your own Creative Spark that has been most likely critically damaged by the Maelstrom.""That doesn't explain why you are still here.""I can't say for certain, but while the rest of me died, a part of my soul was preserved in the Maelstrom cure. Think of it like a dragon's Eldurnarí. While the dragon's body may die, it can store its consciousness inside its heart of hearts and continue to live."Zach nodded. "Thanks for going to such lengths.. And...uh...sorry for killing you." J.D. chuckled."Don't worry about it," J.D. shrugged. "I'm actually rather excited to 'move on'. However, I'm sure the other members of the Dino Attack will be as forgiving. But I wouldn't let that get you down.""So wait. Since your Creative Spirit is attached to mine, will I get some of your traits?"J.D. thought for a moment. "You shouldn't. My Creative Spark will join the dominant spark and I will fade away. You may feel some effects immediately after waking up, but they should stop soon enough. Now, I'd love to keep talking, but I feel my time is wearing thin." J.D.'s body began to dissipate."Bye," Zach said quietly. "Thanks for everything." J.D. nodded in acknowledgement and his body disappeared. Zach waved at the empty space with his left hand and gasped. His left hand was a sickly color of purple and black...*****************************************"I think he's waking up!" Andrew said, watching as Zach's body began to twist and ##### on the floor. Minerva gasped in fear, assuming the worst.However, those fears quickly faded away. Zach's dark violet skin suddenly lightened to its normal yellow pigment. His hair also quickly returned to its red color. The Cosmotronic Ray split from Zach's right arm. Minerva smiled excitedly. He's back!"Whoa," Andrew said. Without warning, Zach's hair suddenly began to grow rapidly. It kept growing and growing until it stretched just past his shoulders. "Interesting," Andrew said simply. Minerva found it even more surprising that facial hair suddenly began to sprout on Zach's face. It didn't grow as fast his hair. It finally seized growth as a bristly and very thin beard that wrapped around Zach's face and mouth. Finally, a purple streak suddenly appeared on Zach's hair, running from his forehead to the long tail of hair that touched his shoulders.Zach stirred slowly before his eyes suddenly flashed open quickly and fearfully. "Minerva! Andrew!" he shouted fearfully."We're here," Minerva responded."Where are you?" Zach called out, staring straight at her. "I can't see! Why is it so dark?""...It isn't," Andrew said. Zach's head shot toward the sound of Andrew's voice."I-I-I think I'm blind!" Zach said, touching his face. Panic suddenly disappeared as amusement and interest danced across his blank eyes. "Do I have a beard?""Yeah," Minerva said, worried. Zach smirked, as if if amused him. "You can't see anything?""Not quite. I can see a bunch of colors. They are all meshed together into a blob. I think this blindness is temporary. It should clear up soon. Is there something wrong with my left hand?" Zach lifted his left hand into view."It looks fine to me," Minerva responded. "Your right hand is having problems." Minerva kneeled next to Zach and pulled off the tattered black glove of his hand. His golden metal hand was rusted and stained with black and purple. It also twitched erratically.""Yeah. I can't really feel it. I think the Maelstrom was too much for it. Do any of you guys have any water? I think I might be dehydrated." Andrew placed his canteen in Zach's left hand. He brought the container to his mouth and recklessly poured the water into his mouth. Very little landed in his mouth and instead landed on the front of his uniform. Zach leaned back against the chamber wall, pausing from his drink. "I'm a Minifig again." Minerva smiled at the giddiness in his voice. She then turned to Andrew."He seems to be suffering a lot of after effects from the Maelstrom," Andrew noted. "It looks like he's been trapped inside his own head for years and is starving, thirsty, and weak."Minerva nodded. "I hope this doesn't complicated things too much. Should we start leaving and guide Zach or wait until his vision comes back and then leave?"

OOC:OC:Well, good job cure! Zach is free! Now Dr. Cyborg can fix Nazareno and all your characters will be pure again!

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: For a brief moment, Palmer seemed to show a strange look of anxiety, close to panic."You alright?" Garry asked.Palmer took a moment to catch his breath. "Yeah," he muttered. "I'm fine.""Look," Garry said. "I only needed you to get me here. If you want to go back I won't object.""No," replied Palmer. "I've come this far I'm not turning back now."Behind them, Wilkes seemed to be trying his best to comfort Kate. Then they were cut off by a strange noise. Palmer reached into his pocket and pulled out a PDA. Palmer made a few adjustments and it became clear there was a message of some kind."To any Dino Attack agents within the Temple of Creation, can you hear me? This is team commander Semick, seeking word on your status!" "This is agent Palmer," replied Palmer after a moment. "I'm in here with six others.""That would be very good," replied Semick. Palmer handed the PDA over to Garry."Hello Semick," Garry said. "I'm in here with six others. I've already lost one man who we suspected was a Stromling, and we're currently searching for Rex and his team. We've only found one survivor so far, Palmer's worried that she might have been infected in the time they were gone."

IC: "It might be best for Zach to see some professional medical attention," said Andrew. "Though I think it wouldn't be too hard to help him out of here. You find a way out?""Yeah," said Minerva. "It's a stairway hidden by an illusion of a wall further down the passage.""Seems simple enough." Andrew approached Zach, who was still taking in the fact of being a Minifig again, and tapped him gently on the shoulder. He looked up, though not directly facing him. "You think you can handle being helped out by hand?""Eh, sure, I think I can do that," said Zach. "That would just mean holding on to your hands or something, right?""Yes, but there are some stairs up ahead. Just take your time feeling the ends of each step and you should be fine.""Okay." He reached out his right hand, and Andrew took it. Gently pulling, he walked towards Minerva at a slow but steady pace. Zach followed with some slight stumbling, but managed to start getting the hang of it."Never thought I'd have an experience like this," Zach remarked. "Even when I signed up.""There's alot of things we never expect," Minerva replied, reaching out to grab Zach's other hand. "But no matter how much it happens, we can never seem to get used to it."The three agents smiled, both in amusement over the remark and joy in what they had accomplshied. They had defied the Malestrom, conquered the odds yet again, and had saved a dear friend. Even with so much left to do, they couldn't help but feel on top of the world."Hey," Andrew said, reaching for his PDA, "I think I'd better let the others know what happened. I'll send out a general announcement but when I'm done, want me to write out one for you, Zach?""Perhaps," said Zach. "Give me a moment to think of something.""Sure thing," Andrew said as they walked out, his free hand typing out his announcement to the team.------------"Ask for her name," Semick said in response to the agent on the line. "If its Kate Bishop, I advise you to be easy on her. She's had a rough time since the Fortress, and I don't want you possibly mentally scarring her with Stromling suspicions. See if you can get her to the rest of the team. They're back on the other side of the rope bridge.""Understood.""And keep an eye out for any of Rex's other team members. I plan to fire through the roof to provide air support, and I don't want to be crushing agents if or when that happens.""We'll see what we can do.""Good. That's it for now."Turning off the mic, Semick was about to direct the T-1 towards the team that was reaching the cliffside when he started hearing cheers from behind him. He turned to see Bluetooth and the rear gunner holding their PDAs and pumping the air."What is it?" he asked."Check your PDA, Semick," he responded. "Great news from Andrew about the eariler problems."Curious, Semick slipped his out of his pocket and checked the latest All-Agents Bulliten:Zach is a Minifig and is on our side agian.Me and Minerva have got him and we are all leaving the Hotep temple.Zach needs some medical attention, but otherwise okay.Anyone still near Hotep's temple, we could use a lift and medic.-AndrewA wave of relief and happiness washed over the former Power Miner. "Nice job, Zach," he muttered under your breath as he redirected his attention to reaching the rest of the team. Even as they were recovering from the Malestrom's trickery, it was good to know they were still gaining small victories.------------"He did it!" Laxus cried from the back of the Fire Hammer. "Yes!""What, did you know something about this?" Rockford asked, his face caught in a weird mix of atonishment, joy and inquerious."Friends do sometimes keep some things to themselves, you know. Just to keep unwanted attention away until objectives are accomplished.""Eh, whatever," said the driver. "The point is that the guy isn't with them anymore. ANd the less agents under their control, the better.""Agreed," said Rockford. "And judging from some of the radio and PDA transmisisons, the rest of the team agrees."Laxus grinned and leaned back in his seat. For him, it was simply good to know that his friend was still alive and had accomplished in his task. It was a good bit of consolation in the face of what still awaitied them at the Temple of Creation. And speaking of..."We're here, commander," the driver said as he parked behind another Fire Hammer and an Iron Predator. "But from the looks of things, we're not going to have the liberty of vehicles now.""Ooh," Rockford muttered. "This could be problematic."

IC: "Alright," replied Garry. "According to Semick we're to go easy on Kate.""I don't know," replied Palmer. "There was more than enough time for her to be assimilated by the Maelstrom.""I don't know if it works like that," replied Garry."I don't trust her," replied Palmer. "That act of fear and innocence is just to appeal to our emotional side.""Alright Palmer," replied Garry. "Wilkes, see if you can find the exit, get Kate out of here. Palmer, you go with him.""I ain't goin' with Wilkes," replied Palmer. "Look, I come this far. I ain't goin' with him. I'll go with you.""Alright," replied Garry. "Jones, Henderson, you two go with them, and keep a careful eye on Kate, just in case Palmer is correct."The other three agents turned and started to work their way down the long corridors."You can't leave," replied Kate. "There's no way out.""So it's just the two of us then," Garry said as soon as the others were gone."I guess so," replied Palmer."Alright," said Garry. "What we've got here is an elaborate maze of some kind."Garry picked up the PDA from before and transmitted another message. "Kate's on her way out," he said."Very good," replied Semick."There's just one thing," replied Garry. "She was muttering something about there being no way out. It could just be her trauma but given she seemed lost when we found her and the way this place is set up, I somehow wouldn't be surprised if the Maelstrom wasn't willing to let us go so easily. Palmer and I are going to split up. We're going to see if we can find the end of this labyrinth and keep you updated."As Garry lowered the PDA, Palmer stared at him in uncertainty. "You sure about this?" He asked."Yes," replied Garry. "You go one way I'll go the other. We'll keep in contact with each other."There was a moment of silence, and Palmer smiled. "Alright," he said before he turned and left.

IC:Zach gripped Andrew and Minerva's hands as they walked through the corridors of the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins. His eyesight was still poor, but it was getting better. The blob of colors now began to take more visible shapes. Zach imagined it wouldn't be long until his vision was restored.His legs felt like jelly. He wobbled with every step. Without Minerva or Andrew's support, he would never make it out of the temple. He was also extremely hungry, evidenced by his rumbling stomach. Despite this, Zach was somewhat fascinated by what had happened to his body following the defeat of the Maelstrom. It truly felt like he his body hadn't eaten, drank, or moved in years. Or shaved, as he appeared to have grown a bristly beard and his hair had grown out. He wasn't sure what he looked like, but he imaged he looked like some kind of hermit. The whole experience was like waking up from a wild dream.He began to think of what to say to the other Dino Attack Agents. He felt immense amounts of guilt. He had so willing killed other agents all for the name of the Maelstrom. Many more agents had probably been killed by the forces he had commanded. However, J.D. had been willing to forgive him, so perhaps others would. Minerva and Andrew clearly didn't care, despite how close he had came to killing them. Zach swallowed painfully. It would be hard to adjust. He had only been a Stromling for a few days, but it was likely to effect him negatively for years."We're at the stairs," Andrew said to Zach. Zach nodded. His right hand twitched again. He hoped Nazareno would be willing to build him a new hand. Andrew took the first step. Zach carefully felt the step with his feet and stepped on without stumbling. He grinned at his success when he suddenly felt his legs buckle. Minerva quickly caught him and pushed him back up until he was balanced on his feet."Are you okay?" she asked."Yep," Zach grunted. "Just some more after-effects." He nodded for Andrew to continue. They continued upward, taking each step one at time. Slowly but surely, Zach's balance was improving.I really don't want to see a medic. He thought suddenly. He had heard Andrew speak about taking him to a medic. If that meant going to the outpost the Dino Attack Team had stationed itself at, Zach wasn't interested. Just by how quick he had started to recover from the Maelstrom's influence, he reasoned he should be in a semi-decent fighting condition soon. Then they could go to Temple of Creation, the true Maelstrom Temple, and defeat XERRD and the Maelstrom before it was too late. Getting me medical attention won't matter unless XERRD and the Maelstrom are stopped."Almost there," Minerva said into Zach's ear. Zach nodded again. Finally, his thoughts came to Ahua. Zach grinned with almost evil satisfaction. Ahua had harassed from almost the moment he had arrived on Adventurers' Island. He had led the natives that had tried to kill him and Dust and tried to kill him personally multiple times. After all that, Ahua was finally gone. Well, I don't know if he's gone. Zach suddenly thought. He looked dead to me. Besides, if he isn't, I will personally make sure he dies. The distorted colorful shapes in his vision were suddenly overshadowed by a much brighter light. He heard a door creak as Andrew pushed it open."We're out," Andrew said. Together, the three Dino Attack Agents climbed out of the cellar-like entrance to the temple and walked on to the battlefield.*****************************************Ahua groaned in pain. He shifted the remaining stone out of his way and climbed out of the hole that Zachary Virchaus had buried him into. He fell to his knees, his body screaming for mercy."That wretched..." Ahua growled, staring at the ground. He replayed his last moments before being knocked out by Zach. He escaped, Ahua realized in horror. He escaped the Maelstrom. Ahua couldn't believe it. One did not simply leave the Maelstrom's service, and yet Zach did."How?!" Ahua screamed, rising to his feet. The chamber was empty. All he saw was one of the Dino Attack's weapons lying in corner. It looked eerily similar to the weapon fused to Zach's arm. Ahua put two and two together. He reverted the transformation as well?! His anger began to grow. "We will kill him!" he roared."No," a distorted voice said out of nowhere. "you won't." The voice was calmed and controlled. Ahua knew exactly who was speaking. He bowed low."Why not, our lord?" Ahua asked. Perhaps he had heard wrong.The voice chuckled darkly. "You have truly failed me in a most spectacular way, Ahua. How could someone so powerful fail in such a grand way?""We...don't know what you mean," Ahua said quietly. He saw the purple light that illuminated the chamber begin to dim."You let Zachary escape me," the voice said simply. "You were so in love with your pitiful power that you couldn't let Zach steal it away.""We're afraid you are mistaken, our lord," Ahua said, his fear growing."I am NOT mistaken," the voice snapped. "You led those two Dino Attack Agent here in hopes they could do what you clearly could not: kill Zach. And your plan failed. None of those Dino Attack Agents are dead, and Zachary walks as a Minifig yet again. One of my greatest soldiers has abandoned me because of your greed and lust for power!"We're sorry, master," Ahua said."You're sorry because you did not kill Zach, not because you disobeyed me! You wretched pile of Mega Bloks!" The light from the chamber faded away completely. Then in the center of the chamber rose a purple and black substance."You don't realize the gravity of what you have done, Ahua!" the voice barked. "You have let Zach walk free, and he walks free with a new power. A power that could ultimately ruin the Maelstrom!""That prophecy garbage?" Ahua asked, remembering to the time he had dug into Zach's brain. "He's already had that power.""No, you imbecile!" the voice screamed as the Maelstrom blob began to move toward Ahua. "He never had any power prior to to his corruption. I saved his life at the Maelstrom pool. I saw his potential and how I could exploit that against my enemies on this planet. Only after his corruption did he gain the power to manipulate the Maelstrom! And now he walks against me with limited manipulation over the Maelstrom! All because of you, Ahua!" Without warning, the Maelstrom shot into Ahua's body. He groaned and fell to his knees. First he felt pain, then he felt stronger. More powerful than ever."So you wanted to be in power," the voice said. "So be it. You will get more power than you could possibly control." Ahua grinned as he rose to his feet. He was surprised by the Maelstrom's sudden change of heart, but he didn't worry for long. It was time to kill Zach.The Maelstrom filled every ounce of Ahua's body. He chuckled. He was invincible. Nothing could stop him. After several minutes, he decided he had enough Maelstrom and attempted to push the remaining power away. However, it ignored him and continued to enter his body. Ahua frowned."My lord?" Ahua said."I meant what I said, Ahua. More powerful than you could possibly control." Ahua realized exactly what the voice meant. The voice began to laugh. Dark, ominous laughter. Ahua desperately tried to stop the flow of the Maelstrom, but nothing came to fruition. The Maelstrom began to overwhelm him. His head pounded furiously. Ahua cried out in pain."Why...do...this....demon?!" Ahua managed to choke out. The English he had learned was slipping away, and the voice's laughter grew louder and louder. Ahua felt his chest. His heart was pounding against his chest. He felt like his entire body was swelling up and was about to pop."It was nice knowing you, Ahua," the voice manage to say between laughs. "But you have failed me. For the last time!" Ahua screamed, clutching his head and he fell to his knees. His vision had become extremely distorted. He looked at his hands. They were fading away into dust.Ahua's screams grew louder as did the voice's laughter. Ahua's heart seemed about to burst out his chest. Finally, he felt something pop in his chest. Ahua fell to the ground, his eyes rolling back. He died just before his brain also exploded due the pressure from the Maelstrom. Several more seconds past and Ahua's body disappeared, leaving nothing behind but a pile of violet-colored dust.

IC: From his research, Dr. Strangebrick looked up in surprise as a young man suddenly walked through the doors of the infirmary. He seemed tired, possibly hurt. Hastily, Copper, Wade, and Carver ran to his assistance. Carver was the first to recognize him."Hertz?" She muttered.Windows stood at a distance, concerned. The recent events had shook him up quite a bit. He knew any one of his teammates could be Stromlings. Somebody had to have gotten to the blood, and somebody had to have destroyed that radio. In that moment, he felt alone, helpless. He did not know who to trust.

OOC:Okay, I've been reading a couple of Halo books my friend gave me, First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx. So if this post seems overly military, blame my reading.IC:Dr. Cyborg's team had started to enter the temple as other agents arrived. The Dino Attack team was going into the temple in teams of five every few minutes. His team had left first. It was made up of Dr. Cyborg, Katerina, a Loop, Lance, and Kara."There!" Lance yelled as a Stromling appeared in front of them. The Loop raised a Cosmotronic Ray at him and fired. The Stromling dissipated.The entire team had been equipped with Cosmotronic Rays from the Reclaimer at Dr. Cyborg's suggestion. He may not kill Mutant Dinos, but may God have mercy on Stromlings, for he would have none. This mission had no room for anything but extinction for the Stromlings."I wish there was a better way to fight," Dr. Cyborg said. At that moment, something strange began to happen. His armor began to unfold and fold. The transformation began at his legs. The armor on the back of his legs folded off, and was overlaid on the armor on the front of his legs and tops of his feet. The armor from his knee joint completely disappeared, reinforcing his upper and lower leg armor. The same general transformation occured on his upper legs, adding armor to his front, removing it from his back. At his torso, the armor stayed on his back. What shifted was the armor on his sides. It moved to his chestplate and backplate. The transformation then reached his left arm. Here, the armor on the side of his arm that was almost always by his body moved away to reinforce the opposite side. At his hand, the back split open and something rose out, a circle with eight rods connecting it to his hand. On his other arm, the most dramatic change occured. The armor and his skeleton shifted and changed, becoming a gun attached to his arm. On his helmet, the visor changed it's HUD. The transformation was completed. It only took a handful of seconds.A Stromling ran in front of them, in the form of an Islander. It launched it's spear arm at them. With no time to shoot, they all dropped to the floor, except Dr. Cyborg, who put his hands in front of his face, left on top of right. Before the spear reached them, green light shot out of the device on Dr. Cyborg's hand, and formed into an oval in front of him. The spear bounced right off of it. "Cool," Dr. Cyborg said. He raised his gun arm and shot the Stromling, and it disappeared.Everybody got up. "Hey, maybe my shield can cover the hallway," Dr. Cyborg said. He fiddled with the control panel that had appeared on the inside of his arm. The shield expanded to cover the ten foot wide hallway. It covered it horizontally and vertically.They marched forward, sticking their guns through the shield to shoot any Stromlings. The hallway took quite a few turns, but eventually, they saw a battle and a Maelstrom vortex. They entered the room, and the shield expanded. A XERRD scientist shot at them with a Sonic Screamer. However, instead of the shield blocking the shot like it should have, it passed through the shield and hit Kara. "I'm okay, it was lessened by the shield," she said. "Hmm, the shield's effectiveness varies inversely with it's size," Dr. Cyborg said. He shrunk it to personal size, the setting it was in by default, and his team charged into battle.OOC:The shield projector looks like G-101 Team Galactic's Energy Gain card from Pokemon TCG in a square hole in his hand.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC: Well, I apologize for getting this post in late. It's been one heck of a tech week, but not I'm not going to bore you with some personal essay, so while what you want may not be right in front of you, it's finally showtime, and I am as sure of this as my name is Winthrop.IC: Kate, Wilkes, Jones, and Henderson made their way through the passageways of the Maelstrom Temple. The twisted and blackened architecture, the purple fog everywhere, and the faint foreboding whispers served only to disturb them all."This is impossible," frowned Wilkes. "We literally just came this way. How could we be lost already?""This very place seems to be the Maelstrom's sandbox," murmured Jones. "I think it can change it however it wants.""Oh, don't be silly," Wilkes shook his head. "The Maelstrom is just dark, destructive energy. It can't want anything; it's not sentient! Now, how do we get out of here...?""You just don't get it, do you?" whispered Kate Bishop. "There is no escape."Her teammates froze in shock. While she repeated the same warning that she had said before, it sounded more like a threat. Turning around, they faced the young woman, who appeared to be smiling darkly."Holy..." cried out Henderson. "Shoot!"A gunshot rang through the passageway. Everyone stared now at Jones, who held in his trembling hands a pistol. Then, they looked back at Kate's fallen form. Only, now they saw that it was not Kate at all, but a misshapen pseudo-Minifig with an exposed ribcage... a Stromling."I don't believe it!" gasped Wilkes. "Palmer was right - she was infected!"Henderson scratched his chin. Unlike the Stromling Agents who had infiltrated the Dino Attack Team, Stromling-Kate was not wearing a Dino Attack uniform, nor did she bear any slight semblance to her Minifig form. "Something tells me that this was never actually Kate," he murmured. "Looks more like a trick from the Maelstrom." Before he could say anything more, the Stromling corpse disappeared in a puff of Maelstrom energy."Which means...?" inquired Jones."Kate might still be alive," Henderson bit his lip, "but she's still trapped here... and so are we... and the Maelstrom knows we're here."*****Rex and Zed Provhezor exchanged blows as they struggled to remain seated in the out-of-control hover-chair that flew chaotically across the chamber. Physically, Provhezor had the advantage, since his mechanical right arm packed an extra punch, but his hand-to-hand combat skills had deteriorated somewhat after being confined to his hover-chair for such a long time, while Rex spent most of his time in the battlefield.The hover-chair twisted and turned randomly, lurched and pulled back wildly, flipped and spun chaotically, as though it were purposely trying to eject its occupants. As Provhezor grabbed Rex's shirt and tried to toss him off, the chair flipped upside-down. In his panic, Provhezor let go of Rex, and together they struggled to hold onto the chair's armrests and flip the chair back over. Then, when Rex nearly succeeded in shoving Provhezor out of the chair, the chair was on a collision course with the Imagination statue, and only Provhezor was quick enough to pull a switch and barely maneuver around the statue.As Rex persisted in his nauseating battle against the XERRD scientist, Amanda Claw watched as the mysterious samurai entered the temple chamber and surveyed the area. Instinctively, she tightened her grip on her knife as the samurai laid eyes upon her. She could not see the samurai's face, which was concealed by a veil, and that made her suspicious. However, the samurai only silently nodded to her, as though trying to say that they were on the same side. Then, the samurai turned away from Amanda and, with the torn black cape spreading out, charged towards the gathered XERRD scientists.Amanda gaped in horror as the samurai was greeted by a barrage of missiles raining down upon the warrior. Then, she watched in surprise and awe as the samurai, who was apparently far more agile than the armor would suggest, rolled out of the way of the missiles just before their impact. Then, her surprise turned to shock as the samurai began firing bolts of lightning at the XERRD scientists... from the palms of the samurai's hands.Unable to believe her eyes, Amanda turned away to check on Kate, only to gasp in horror. The young girl was gone. She glanced around, but could only see XERRD battling against Rotor and the samurai.Wallace Bishop struggled to concentrate on the Maelstrom. The sounds of battle had only increased, and he heard his fellow XERRD scientists yelling in triumph, anger, and occasionally in panic. As much as he wished to help his allies, he knew that he was a scientist, not a fighter, and besides, he had promised to stay out of the conflict. His ultimate mission was his most important goal, and timing was key; with the Maelstrom growing too powerful, he needed to keep it in check, so he could not turn off the Maelstrom Vacuum too quickly, nor could wait too long, lest the vacuum device absorb too much Maelstrom energy and destroy itself. He could not act too quickly or too late, and knowing when to act required his utmost concentration-"Uncle!"Wallace froze. "Kate!" he whispered, not taking his eyes off the Maelstrom Vacuum. "I told you that it's too dangerous! Get back!""No!" shouted Kate, who stood behind Wallace. Her fists were clenched and, in her eyes, although they still were wet with tears of fear, there was a look of fierce and grim determination that had never been there before. "You have no idea what I've been through! I've seen the worst of this war, and you, uncle... you're just helping them?"Don't answer, Wallace thought to himself, struggling to focus on the Maelstrom Vacuum. She will understand in time."I'm done, uncle!" cried Kate. Wallace was incredulous to hear such defiance in Kate's voice even as she sounded on the verge of sobbing. "Why can't you just end-"A bolt of lightning-like energy shot out of the center of the Maelstrom vortex. Wallace dodged, but realized too late that he was not the target. Spinning around, Wallace saw the lightning strike Kate and throw her back several meters. "No!" he shouted, his eyes widening.Neglecting his duty, Wallace Bishop rushed to the side of Kate. There, she lay, still alive and not badly hurt, but stunned and very visibly frightened. Wallace knelt down and grabbed her hand, locking eyes with the young girl and, for the first time, truly seeing the terror in her eyes. "Oh my First Builders," he whispered.Zed Provhezor's hover-chair spun past the Bishops. Wallace glanced up and saw that Dr. Provhezor had the upper hand, with his mechanical claw gripped tightly on Rex's neck. The hover-chair's chaotic flight pattern brought it dangerously close to the unattended Maelstrom vortex. Without warning, another bolt of lightning shot out of the vortex and struck the hover-chair, knocking it out of the air and dumping its passengers onto the stone floor, dangerously close to the Maelstrom.Both Rex and Provhezor saw the danger they were in. Like a black hole, the Maelstrom vortex threatened to suck them both in, and they could feel its power pulling on them. Struggling to recover, Rex and Provhezor used their arms to slowly crawl away from the vortex. With the Maelstrom pulling them in, whipping at them like a cold whirlwind, it took an incredible amount of effort to place one hand in front of the other.Cursing quietly to himself, Provhezor tried to grab onto Rex's dead legs, slowing down Rex. Then, Provhezor crawled alongside Rex, shoving him aside to get ahead. Rex, who was trying to concentrate on crawling rather than fighting, could not defend himself. But as Provhezor gained ground and tried to push Rex back, a surge of Maelstrom energy rushed over them.Amanda Claw rushed over and grabbed Rex's hand. But Wallace Bishop was too far away and occupied with Kate, and so he could do naught but watch in absolute horror as Zed Provhezor was sucked into the Maelstrom vortex.The last words of the XERRD scientist hailing from Barron were filled with terror. "Zis iz ze end!" he cried as he was pulled into the black hole. "No legz... und now, no live!" Then, the Maelstrom claimed Zed Provhezor's life.As Amanda carried Rex to safety, Wallace Bishop felt sickened by what he saw. He stared at the Maelstrom vortex, then slowly turned his head to look at the battle. He was shocked to see XERRD's ranks breaking before Rotor and a newcomer... who wore samurai armor... and fired lightning from the hands... "But that could only mean...?" whispered Wallace.Staring back at the Maelstrom, Wallace Bishop realized he was running out of time. The Maelstrom was growing too powerful, even with the Maelstrom Vacuum in use, and only he could control its strength long enough to ensure the survival of his allies. Torn between the Maelstrom and Kate, Wallace suddenly knew what he had to do. He dragged Kate, who was still stunned from the Maelstrom lightning, to the far side of the chamber, out of the way of battle. "Please, be safe," he whispered gently to her.But, as Wallace Bishop returned to the Maelstrom vortex, a shadow fell over Kate's still form. "Well, then, my dear Kate Bishop. I imagine you are prime meat for negotiations." Then, Walter Breen laughed darkly.*****Frozeen kicked aside a Mutant Lizard as it tried to climb onto the High Voltage Half-Track. Beside him, Greybeard slashed at another Mutant Lizard that had already succeeded in climbing aboard the vehicle."Come on, you two!" snapped Lord Sam Sinister. "Hold the Maelstrom Crystal where I can see it!""With all due respect, Lord von Barron," muttered Frozeen through clenched teeth, "it's getting harder and harder to do that.""I need to see in which direction the Maelstrom Crystal's mist points!" declared Lord Sinister. "Unless, of course, you want me to drive to the wrong temple! As it is, we are much too late! The rest of the team is probably there already!"The trees shook, and a pair of Mutant T-Rexes emerged, saw the High Voltage Half-Track, laid eyes upon the Maelstrom Crystal in Frozeen's hand, and bellowed angrily. Although Frozeen tried to aim his weapon at them, the Mutant Lizard from earlier successfully jumped back into the vehicle and tackled Frozeen to the ground, snarling viciously. The crystal fell out of Frozeen's hand.As Frozeen tried to defend himself and Greybeard struggled to pick up the crystal with a pair of Mutant T-Rexes glaring down upon him, Lord Sam Sinister finally screamed: "That's it! I'm sick of this!" With that, he knelt down and grabbed the Maelstrom Crystal in his one good hand.Instantly, all the Mutant Dinos froze and stared at Sam Sinister. "No!" cried out Frozeen, who struggled to kick off the Mutant Lizard standing over him. "Sinister, give the crystal to Greybeard before they attack you!"But Sam Sinister did not put down the crystal. And the Mutant Dinos did not attack him, but instead stared at him, as though they were waiting for something. "Get out!" shouted Lord Sinister. "All of you! Get out of my way, for I am Lord Sam Sinister von Barron!""What be ye, crazy?" cried Greybeard. Then, the old pirate swallowed his words as the Mutant Dinos turned and departed silently, even the Mutant Lizard who had tackled Frozeen. The Alpha Team agent got up, and with Greybeard he stared in shock at Lord Sam Sinister.The expression on the Lord von Barron's face was grim. Almost inaudibly, he whispered: "And so, it is exactly as you have told me. But why?"Then, Lord Sam Sinister returned to the wheel of the High Voltage Half-Track, staring at the Maelstrom Crystal in his hand and the direction of the mist it produced. The vehicle continued in its path to the Maelstrom Temple, this time without interruption.OOC: I would like to retract my earlier statement about feeling free to kill Breen, since I now have a specific idea in mind for his fate. As for Breen and Kate, please do not interact with either of them for now. My next post should be soon...

Edited by PeabodySam

OOC:So, my team would come in after that, PeabodySam? Also, what are you trying to hint? That's the second time you've said something about a personal essay, what you want, right in front of you, and Winthrop. Please explain.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC: "Palmer," Garry muttered into his communicator. There was no answer, but he continued anyway. "I think I might have found them."The noise of some form of chaos echoed throughout the corridor as Garry made his way towards a brightly-lit room. Slowly, he reached for his revolver and quietly removed it from its holster. Inside sure enough, he had trouble making sense of what he saw. He had to squint as he saw one figure approaching a large vortex of some kind. At this point he knew he had to do something.He saw a young woman, whose face he recognized, the girl from the planning room, and she was holding none other than Rex himself. Quickly, Garry approached the two of them."What in builder's name is going on in here?" Garry shouted."Garry?" Rex replied. "What the znap you doing here?""Looking for you," replied Garry."Palmer," Garry shouted into his communicator. "I found them. Do you read me?"There was no answer."Palmer," Garry tried again. Still no answer. "Palmer, can you read me?""Loud and clear, Garry," replied Palmer's voice. However, to his surprise it seemed to come from behind.He quickly turned to see Palmer standing there, with a strangely intimidating grin. "You should have killed me when you had the chance," he said."What are you talking about?" Replied Garry. He stared nervously as he raised his gun."I'm afraid that won't do you much good," replied Palmer.Garry stood firm, his hands trembling. He pulled the trigger and a bullet went right through Palmer's chest. Then, to his utter surprise, the wound miraculously healed itself, almost instantly. There was a horrific glow as Palmer's skin changed to a dark purple."I don't believe this," replied Garry. "All this time you-""A Stromling," replied Palmer. "Yes.""And Clark?""He was never infected," replied Palmer. "Congratulations Garry. You murdered an innocent man and brought a Stromling to the ultimate source of power."Amanda stared at him. "What?" She asked."I'll explain later," replied Garry. "What about Kate?""You really think I'd let her off that easy?" replied Palmer. "That was a little trick of mine.""You gonna kill us?" Asked Garry."Not yet," replied Palmer. "I'd like to have some fun before anything else. You will not escape, and I can tell you that none of your comrades will live to see the end of today."With that, there was a cloud of mist as Palmer vanished, a menacing chuckle echoing throughout the room.OOC: I had been toying with a few possible ideas for a new primary character. I don't have anything solid enough to actually create one, but I was thinking if I'm going to choose someone else, I'm thinking of making someone completely the opposite of Zenna, maybe make him a man and more of an anti-hero.

Edited by Atton Rand

OoC:Sorry I've been gone. Semester tests have been keeping me working.That climax to Zach's story was certainly i impressive. It had a very Return of the Jedi feel to it and could not stop thinking of Darth Vader waiting as Luke was torched.I have some plains for Hertz in the future but in the meantime I plain to increase Lutsky's mental decline. I hope this tern out as creep as my inspiration...iC:Agents where arriving in twos and three at the rope bridge. Slowly as members received the message Urban Avengers and Fire Hammers made appearances around the foliage to wait for further instruction.The temple of Creation rose ominously from the maelstrom lake. Carl Lutsky had only seen two teams cross the bridge thus far. The first was Doctor Cyborg’s team; it was made up of notable members including Schattenberg and was the more elite of the two. Elite Agent Garry Moffat had arrived with a second team latter and had followed in Cyborgs wake.Towering above Lutksy was X2. The commander looked into the infiltrator’s lifeless eyes and yarned to be free of the handcuffs binding him.This is a disgrace I should be leading these men not looked away like a criminal!For the most part Lutsky was being ignored. Agents all stood with binoculars focused on the temple and pied little head to the commander. Only one person faced away from the building. He stood strait and locked eyes with him.The stoic figure was warring a black suit with a black shirt and a black tie. Agents walked past the man as if he where a ghost and seemed to look directly threw him.In one hand the man in black held a deck of cards, in the other a red apple. He casually shuffled the deck as he approached the commander walking purposefully across the chaos to sit beside him.Lutsky faced palled as the man took a bite of the fruit. He chewed the sweet flavor as juice dripped down his face. He offered the commander a bite of the apple but shrugged it away when Lutsky failed to respond.“Dust.”The Egyption nodded and placed the fruit on the floor beside him. “Hello Carl.”“You’re dead.” Stammered Lutsky.“I am dead Carl.” Said Dust. “I’m not here. This conversation is a figment of your imagination. They can’t see me.” He gestured with the deck of cards to the surrounding agents. “You’re talking to yourself.”Sure enough X2 had taken no notice. All the infiltrator could process was that Carl Lutsky was talking speaking- but to no one in particular.“You clearly are having a hard time grasping this Carl.” Said the imaginary Dust. “How about a card trick to brake the ice?”Lutsky nodded dumbly.The apparition smiled but his eyes remained cold. His hand moved over the cards like a spider and the suits flashed as he shuffled.The commander finally regained his voice. “Why are you here?”Dust did not look up. “I believe that’s a question you have to ask yourself Carl. I’m a figment of your imagination. I represent something, a focal point if you will.”“I don’t believe in that hokum.” Muttered Lutsky.Dust looked up. “Apparently you do.”Lutsky returned his attention to the flashing deck of cards. The figment continued to work entail the cards met his standards. Carl Lutsky looked around. This was a dream how else could it be explained? Everything was as real as it should be. The temple remained in its location and the agents continued their ambitions.Everything was as it should be except the man sitting across from him.The Egyptian held up the cards to the commander and spoke in a serious manner. “Pick a card Carl.”Lutsky rolled his eyes. He had no idea what tricks were in store he just wished this experience to be over. It felt inherently wrong but regardless he snatched a card from the Egyptian’s hand.He had wished that his hand could pass threw it but the crinkled card was tangible. Glancing at it uncertainly he observed the object.

4♣

The corners where bent and warn, the design on the back was faded beyond recognition. Timidly he returned it to the Egyptians hand. Dust felt as real as X2 standing beside him.The apparition seemed to sense Lutksy’s thoughts and he chucked. “I’m as real as you make me out to be Carl. The problem is you can’t stop thinking about me.”Imaginary Dust finished his shuffling and laid the cards out before the commander. Without saying a word he motioned for him to tern over the cards.Lutsky flipped over the first card. A♠The card was mundane in nature. Dust made no comment but motioned for Lutsky to tern over a second card. He did so. A♠“What is this.” Muttered the commander.Dust nodded. “Interesting Carl. Did you know that in some cultures the Ace of Spades is considered the most ominous of cards? It is known to represent disaster and death.”Lutsky flipped over the other cards. Every single one of them was the Ace of Spades.This was madness, he had seen the deck, and he had held it in his hands. It had been a standard deck before but they had changed.“What’s going on here.” Growled Lutsky, regaining his courage. “I’m not afraid of you.”The Egyption smiled. “The tricks not over yet Carl. Look in you’re pocket.”Slowly Carl Lutsky withdrew the four of clubs from his pocket.Dust’s face was stone as he took the card from the commander’s hand. Placing it in the deck he straitened them and returned it to his suit pocket.“I know you don’t like opening your mind Carl but let me try.” Said the Egyption. “The four of clubs is described as some as ‘the Devil’s bedstead.’ It’s a good thing you’re not suppositious Carl or I might be concerned.”“Did you really come here to play games with me?” said Lutsky gruffly. “Or do you have something intelligent to say?”Dust took a bite of the apple. “You’re right Carl. How about we talk about the elephant in the room.”Lutsky nodded. “This ‘ill be good.”Dust smiled. “The fact that you killed me.”The Commander’s heart skipped a beat.“You could not comprehend what my death would entail Carl,” said Dust. “With my body in the temple me memory will exist forever in your head. With every decision you make the thought of what you did will be present. I will always be present.”“I’m imagining you.” Whispered Lutsky.“That’s right.” Replayed Dust. “You can’t stop thinking about me so your couscous has created a form for your thought’s to inhabit. I reside in your mind now, that’s not somewhere you want me to be.”“But you’re not the real Dust, you’re me memory of you.” Accused Lutsky“That’s true Carl.” Agreed the memory. “I am only an interpretation, unfortunately you’ve been on my bad side for a long time.”Dust got up and brushed the dirt from his unnaturally clean suit. “When I was alive I could be killed. But in you’re mind I can be stopped, I’ll always be a part of you now Carl.” He reached out and placed his index finger on the commander’s forehead “You can’t escape me now.”Lutsky was now terrified. For one of the few time in his life he could not fight back, no matter how hard he tried he would never be able to stop thinking about the Egyptian whom had killed.Imaginary Dust chucked. “We’ll be meeting again soon.”He turned his back and walked into the jungle where he was quickly covered by the trees.

The Infiltrator X2 watched as Lutsky finished his one sided conversation. Its knowledge of human psychology was minimal but it could grasp that no one had spoken to the commander in hours.Carl Lutsky was mad; he spoke as if a man had truly been there. X2 played the data in his memory. Even it could tell the mental state of Carl Lutsky was rapidly declining.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

OOC: I got a handful of ideas for a possible new primary character. I was thinking of maybe going for something a bit darker, maybe more of an anti-hero, and someone who isn't an explicit expy of anyone (though there is one or two characters I can credit as inspiration for his appearance). All I need to do is find a good name for him and maybe I can bring him into action.I'll post an IC later. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what Palmer's plans are beyond raising a large number of Stromlings to fight against the team.

OOC:

Sorry I've been gone. Semester tests have been keeping me working.That climax to Zach's story was certainly i impressive. It had a very Return of the Jedi feel to it and could not stop thinking of Darth Vader waiting as Luke was torched.

Yeah. I imagined the basic outline of Zach's "Redemption" many months prior to the forums shutting down in 2011. As I thought about it over the hiatus, the more I drew connection to Return of the Jedi. I suppose it is fitting. Zach first awakening in the temple after becoming a Stromling was slightly based upon Darth Vader's awakening in Revenge of the Sith.I'd say the only thing that I did not accomplish in the "Redemption" was a proper final fight between Ahua and Zach. However, the same basic principal of the Maelstrom allowing Ahua to die remains in the published post.Semester tests. Eh. Two weeks until I start those.IC:Minerva gripped Zach's hand tightly as she walked out of the temple and into the battlefield. A quick glance at her hair showed her that "shiny white effect" had disappeared. The streaks in her hair were now a light cream color. This is weird. She thought.She looked out into the battlefield. The battle was more or less over. Very little Dino Attack personel remained. Any Mutant Dinos remaining were struggling to fought off groups of native dinosaurs or fleeing from the battle.Minerva jumped as several voices called out her, Andrew, and Zach. Several Islanders approached them, spears raised and a suspicious look on their faces."Stop!" one native barked. "Drop weapons!" Minerva and Andrew dropped their Injection Saw and rifle respectively. The natives then approached them cautiously, their spears nearly touching the Dino Attack Agents."What's going on?" Zach whispered."Warriors from the TumTum Tribe have stopped us," Andrew explained quietly. "I think they think we are Stromlings.""Well, it's good thing I can tell these guys are not Stromlings, or all three of us would be dead," Zach said plainly. Andrew and Minerva looked at him, confused."What do you mean you 'can tell-'" Minerva started."Silence!" the native barked. "Not sure if demons.""Trust me," Zach spoke up again. "We're not demons." The native eyed him suspiciously before facing the rest of his group and conversing with them for a few moments. A different native left the group and brought back a massive green T-Rex."Dinosaurs determine demons," another native said. Minerva stepped back slightly as the T-Rex stepped forward and sniffed the three of them. Its nose wrinkled in repulsion before it turned back and said something to the natives in a low growl."He says you reek of demons, but you are not monster. Except for the one with flaming hair," the translator said, pointing his spear at Zach. "Unsure about him.""He was one of the 'demons,'" Andrew explained. "But we managed make him...uh...normal again." The native raised an eyebrow in suspicion, but shrugged."Fine, but keep eye on him," the native said finally. He and his group of natives quietly shuffled out. Andrew turned to Zach."How did you know for certain they weren't Stromlings?" he asked. Zach shrugged."I don't know. I guess I've been around them long enough to pick up whether or not some is a Stromling. I know this isn't a whole lot of proof, but I can pick up the Maelstrom in the surrounding area. A couple large figures and two small figures."Minerva took a quick look around the battlefield. "A few Mutant Dinos and..." she squinted her eyes as she watched the TumTum Tribe fight two minifigs in samurai armor. "...Hybrids?""That sounds right." Zach blinked rapidly and then glanced at Minerva, smiling. "I can see you. My eyesight is as about as good as it gets. Without glasses, of course.""And how good is that?" Andrew asked."Not very well. I can see you too clearly. After about five yards, things become undecipherable blurs." Zach pulled his hands free of Andrew and Minerva's grip and started walking around them. Every few steps he would stumble, but would quickly regain his balance."Alright," Zach said finally, stopping in front of Andrew and Minerva, stretching his legs. "I think I can walk. Maybe run if the situation demands it. What's the plan now? I personally think we should go Maelstrom Temple.""What?" Minerva asked, surprised by Zach's sudden decision to head right into battle. "Zach, you were a Stromling not long ago. You were blind a few minutes. How can you think you can just go march into the Maelstrom." Zach's eyes narrowed slightly."I know, but this is rather important, don't you think?" Zach said. Minerva remained unconvinced. "Alright, look. I was one of the Maelstrom's subordinates for several days. A high ranking one, at that. I have some idea of what the Maelstrom plans to do, and it is not pretty. XERRD thinks securing the Maelstrom Temple will be simple, but I doubt that. This sounds cliché, but the fate of the LEGO Planet depends on the Maelstrom being stopped at that temple."Minerva sighed. Zach was probably right, but she didn't want to send him into the Maelstrom Temple on to be killed by the Maelstrom or XERRD scientists. She turned to Andrew. "You're the Elite Agent. What do YOU think we should do?"

iC:Hertz walked into the sterile environment of the medical wing. It felt strange moving from the brutal battlefield to being surrounded by clean white sheets.Naomi was the first to reach him and she passionately embraced him. To spite the pane running threw his arm he smiled.“I was so worried about you.” She whispered.Hertz put his arm around her as she escorted him to one of the beds.“What happened out there?” said Elite agent Windows. “We lost contact with you not long into the fight.”“I was preoccupied.” Said Hertz, “The Renaissance was attacked by Mutant T-rex’s early in the battle. We lost altitude and got rammed by one of them. The helicopter was forced to the ground and I was knocked out.”Naomi tenderly investigated the bruise on his temple. “You’re going to need stitches.”Hertz nodded and Giovanni Wade rushed to get the kit from storage room and Hertz continued his story.“I got out of the helicopter.” He continued. “But the Renaissance was on fire. Understandably I was not able to reply to messages.”“I seems like a nice cover story.” Said Windows.Hertz rolled his eyes. “Not you too! I already went threw this with Snake, I assure you I’m not a stromling. Besides there is more important things you need to know.”Naomi sat beside him and brushed the grim from his face. She rubbed his back and spread ointment on his burnt hands.Hertz sighed. “That battle was ruse, Dust led us to the wrong temple. Report has it that once the team got inside they found the chamber empty and had to hustle it out of there to the temple of creation.”“Good God.” Said Copper. “The battle was a waste.”“Sadly it was.” Agreed Hertz. “We took heavy casualties. Mur sacrificed himself early in the battle and both the Renaissance and the Talon where destroyed. There is no word what happened inside the temple yet but I think most of them got out and escaped on a UlTech drop ship.”“How many are still at the forbidden ruins?” asked Windows.“When I left most of the team was still there. I think a lot of them are pinned down by the storming hoard.”“Is there anything we can do to help?” asked Naomi.“Outpost 4 is running on a skeleton crew now.” Muttered Windows. “All the agents and vehicles left.”“All we can do is sit tight and prepare to receive wounded.” Frowned Wade. He had finished stitching Hertz’s head and was now filling out a report.Hertz excused himself and motioned for Naomi to follow him out onto the balcony. It was a clear day, a great difference from the fog that surrounded the forbidden ruins. Not a single cloud hung in the sky and the sunshine sparkled on the blue ocean.“Naomi,” Hertz begin. “When I was out there it was you that kept me alive. When I was trapped in the Renaissance it was the thought of you that gave me reason to endure. I could have accepted my fate but that thought of never seeing you again gave me strength to survive.”Naomi Carver blushed and Hertz stared into her chestnut eyes“And when I fought that Mutant T-rex I realized that if that if I died we would not be able to be together. I left the jeep to be with you Naomi, because for me going to the temple of creation and fighting that monster would mean noting unless I would be with you in the end.”“Fighting in the war has made me think about my life Naomi. I came to the conclusion that it means nothing unless I can spend the rest of it with you, the spactacular woman I love so much.”He got down on one knee and took her hand in his hands. Naomi gasped.“I couldn’t find a ring so you’re just going to have to imagine it.” Smiled Hertz.“Naomi Carver, will you marry me?”

That is all

IC: "I don't trust him," Windows muttered, holding a rifle. "I bet he's the one who did everything man.""Right," replied Wade. "So he stayed hidden while the rest of the team was gone, destroyed the radio, and then snuck in here while no one was looking to sabotage the blood.""Look, man," replied Windows. "Someone here ain't who they appear to be."Copper sighed. He turned toward Fuchs. "Anything from the tests that could help us?" He asked."Well," replied Fuchs. "Theoretically it might be possible to find traces in their blood, but something occurs to me. My predeccesser, Dr. J.D. was murdered to keep the cure hidden. I'm thinking if there was a Stromling here they would have noticed and tried to strike, unless-""Unless what?""The Maelstrom temple," replied Fuchs. "Garry had a few other men with him. If there ever was a Stromling it might have been trying to reach there." "What would that achieve?""Well," replied Fuchs. "I can't be too certain, but assuming a stronger presence of the Maelstrom improves the strength of a Stromling, then exposed to the source they might very well be unstoppable. If I'm right, and Garry's just brought a Stromling to the true temple, we're in a lot of trouble."

OOC: Don't get spoiled, guys. I'm posting now because I am uncertain about the next time I will be able to post, and we really need to move this along, so...Also, I got a chance to fully catch up on everybody's posts, and I must say... Wow. Brikman and Andrewnuva... that was quite a thrilling thing to read. After much building up to this moment, you two did not disappoint... in fact, I'm pretty sure you exceeded our expectations.

OOC:So, my team would come in after that, PeabodySam? Also, what are you trying to hint? That's the second time you've said something about a personal essay, what you want, right in front of you, and Winthrop. Please explain.

As was once said by the most innocent, perfect being that Doug Walker can think of..."First of all, I would like to make one thing quite clear: I never explain anything."IC: Rex blinked in surprise and bit his lip. "What in Builder's name was that?" he murmured.Garry frowned. "Look, I had no idea that he was-""Never mind," Rex shook his head. "We'll worry about that later... even if Palmer is a Stromling, we need to take care of the far greater situation at hand. No use trying to blow out a candle when trapped in a burning building. Now, have you seen my wheelchair?""That looks like it," muttered Garry, pointing towards the wheelchair lying on the floor several meters away. He and Amanda helped Rex sit down in the chair, dodging the occasional XERRD missile or blast of dark magic along the way.Now that he was no longer in an out-of-control flying chair, Rex looked around to have a recap of what had gone on while he was fighting Zed Provhezor. Rotor had gained much ground on his own; Rex had to admit, it was remarkable how tough that Dino Attack agent could be. To Rex's surprise, Rotor was aided by a mysterious newcomer who wore samurai armor, a torn black cloak, and could somehow shoot lightning at the XERRD scientists. In their wake, they left many XERRD scientists lying on the floor; some were merely stunned, but others would never move again.Señor Palomar approached the group of Dino Attack agents, pointing his pistols at Rex and Garry. "Well then, mis amigos," Palomar frowned. "It appears that your cavalry is beginning to arrive. How unfortunate that our work here is nearly done. Don't worry, I shall grant you all deaths that will be retold in stories for many generations father to son, like the honorable man that I am.""That's funny, Palomar," mused Rex. "How come your employers get to have all that fancy high-tech armor, and all you get is a gas mask? Doesn't seem very honorable of them, now, does it?"Palomar's frown turned to a grimace. "Do not try to toy with me, Rex.""And if you are so honorable," probed Rex, "why are you betraying your planet, your home, even your species to a bunch of mad scientists who don't know what they're doing?" Before Palomar could reply, Rex continued: "How much treasure did they offer you? Did you just want to be a little, hmm, richer? Come on. That's not honor, that's greed."Palomar seethed with fury. "Fool! Do not dare to insult my-" He was cut off when he felt a knife at his throat. Only then did he notice that, while Rex was talking, Amanda had silently slipped around them and sneaked up on him. He proceeded to mutter expletives in Spanish.Garry chuckled. "Nice one."Rex smiled, but out of the corner of his eye, he saw one XERRD scientist creeping along the far wall of the Maelstrom Temple. He recognized the scientist as Dr. Walter Breen, and it was clear that, now that Dr. Provhezor was no longer alive to boss him around, he was trying to escape the battlefield unnoticed."Would you look at that?" Rex told Palomar. "Looks like one of your... err, amigos is acting dishonorable.""Breen," Palomar gritted his teeth. "I always hated that man. Tell you what... call off Silencia Venomosa's attack, and I'll help you teach him a lesson in honor. Just this once."Rex, Garry, and Amanda traded glances. "Do I have your word?" Rex narrowed his eyes skeptically."You have the word of an honorable Spaniard," nodded Palomar. Slowly, Amanda took the knife off his neck and backed away, but it was clear from her posture that, if Señor Palomar tried anything, she would not hesitate to plant the knife in his flesh.With Garry pushing Rex's wheelchair, Rex, Amanda, Garry, and Palomar rushed over to intercept Walter Breen's path. Breen saw them approach, laughed, and proclaimed: "Ah, ah, ah. Just hold there for a second before you get any ideas. You seriously would not think of laying a finger on me, now, would you? Not with... her in my arms!"As they got closer, only then did Rex see that Breen had Kate Bishop locked in his grasp. She was struggling against his grip, but he held firmly onto her with one hand and, in the other hand, pointed some sort of laser gun that probably shoots Maelstrom energy at her temple, mimicking what Rotor had done earlier."Profesor," declared Palomar. "Put the girl down, or I shoot.""Oh, shut up!" scoffed Breen. "You have no power here! Our benefactor may have agreed to let you have the XERRD Fortress, but seeing as you have forsaken that, I have no reason to listen to you. And that goes for you too, Dino Attack agents. I'm XERRD's negotiator, and I am much too high-ranking to dirty my hands with such things as combat, but even I must use aggressive negotiations every now and then. And here's my proposal: I go free, or your precious little Kate gets to feel what it's like to be shot in the head!"Rex silently cursed himself. Why did he bring Kate along? Why did he subject her to so much horrible pain? He was hoping to keep her safe, but instead put her in far more danger."Did you Dino Attack agents really think you could outwit destiny?" mused Breen as he moved towards the exit. "You are just a few pathetically stubborn individuals who are placing yourself in the way of a better future. I'm not talking about the petty future of the Minifig race, I'm talking about continuing the existence of the universe itself!"Although Rex was furious with Breen, he kept himself composed in order to not do anything that would prompt Breen to pull the trigger. "Need I remind you that Dr. Bishop has specifically commanded all of us to leave Kate unharmed?""Why, yes," Breen nodded without fear. "So, do your part and don't do anything that would bring harm to poor little Kate. And besides, I know Wallace Bishop. He's practically a Renfield to our benefactor, and so his focus is most likely solely on the Maelstrom Vacuum, as it should be. He never cared about Kate. And besides, since he would never dare to anger our benefactor by killing his prime negotiator, Wallace Bishop would never lay so much as a finger on-"A gunshot rang through the chamber. Walter Breen stared forward with wide eyes and his mouth hanging open. Then, like a marionette whose strings were cut, he dropped to the floor, leaving only Kate standing.Everyone paused, even Rotor, the samurai, and the remaining XERRD scientists. They stared in shock at Wallace Bishop, who had once again neglected his duties to XERRD and the Maelstrom. The XERRD scientist stood a short distance away from Rex, Amanda, Garry, Palomar, and Kate, grimly pointing a gun at where Breen was standing just moments ago."No one," Dr. Bishop declared, "dares to threaten Kate."Slowly, a few of the XERRD scientists approached to Dr. Bishop. Among them, Rex recognized that female sorcerer and Michelle Glados. They murmured amongst themselves, but only Glados directly addressed Bishop. "What was that?" she inquired flatly. "You should be collecting Maelstrom energy."Wallace Bishop held up the Maelstrom Vacuum. "It's full," he announced, "and so my work is done.""But," spoke the female sorcerer, "do you have any idea what you have done, Dr. Bishop? None of us liked Breen, true, but if Dr. Rex finds out about this, he-""I will no longer worry about that," decided Dr. Bishop. "I'm an avid chess player, and I used to play chess all the time with an old lab partner of mine. And, over the years, I've learned that... sometimes, in order to score a checkmate, you must be willing to sacrifice a bishop. And today... Wallace Bishop will be that bishop.""Oh, please," muttered Glados. "You're being emotional. And where had emotion ever gotten you? And what use is the girl anyway? Aside from a 'bring-your-niece-to-work day', the only potential she has is as a good test subject."Bishop pointed the gun at Glados. "Don't you dare suggest such a thing!" he snapped. "And don't think I won't pull this trigger just because you're third-in-command... and not just because I have a higher rank than you. Because I have emotion, and emotion makes me stronger than you!"Glados was silent. Then, Wallace Bishop lowered his gun and slowly approached Rex. "What are you doing?" shouted the female sorcerer. "Stop! I-""My ultimate mission is what is important now," solemnly declared Wallace Bishop. "And to score this checkmate... the bishop must be sacrificed."Rex pointed his Sonic Screamer at Wallace Bishop, forcing the scientist to stop in his tracks. "Don't make another move," he whispered.Dr. Bishop smiled lightly. "Is this a way to treat an old friend, Rex?""Betraying XERRD does not automatically make you our ally," Rex's tone was stern. "It only shows you for what you are. A traitor. Who is to say you won't betray us next?"Dr. Bishop bit his lip. "I've always been on your side," he stated. "I just needed the right moment to reveal myself. I am not a traitor; my allegiance has never been with Dr. Rex. If it were not for me, XERRD would have already won the war. The Dino Attack Team would have been destroyed… by your hands, Rex.""What do you mean?" blinked Rex."You were a dangerous weapon," explained Dr. Bishop. "Had Dr. Rex’s plan succeeded, you would have infiltrated the Dino Attack Team under the guise of just another agent, then strike at the founding members when the moment was right. All Dr. Rex needed was to carefully install this plan into your brain, but he was far too busy at the time. So what better person to turn to than his second-in-command, a skilled biochemist? He could trust me to do the job correctly.""But you failed," Rex pointed out."No," chuckled Dr. Bishop. "I succeeded. While I made necessary alterations to your brain, I did not install this plan into your mind, for I knew that it could quickly end the war in XERRD’s favor. That I could not allow. Dr. Rex was oblivious to the missing information, and once he found out, I told him it was merely a lab accident, a simple mistake. But in truth, I deliberately foiled his plans. My loyalties, after all, lie with Nexus Force and the Dino Attack Team."This seemed to Rex like nothing more than a web of lies spun to cover up Dr. Bishop's mistakes. "Prove it!" snapped Rex.Then, Dr. Bishop reached into his own eyes and pulled out two small clear objects. Eye contacts. He threw them down upon the floor, then reached up and began ruffling his hair. The neatly-combed hair became tangled and wild, until it reached a point where it looked as though it never knew a brush or a comb. Then, he reached into his pocket, pulled out a pair of glasses, and placed the spectacles over his eyes.It was Wallace Bishop, but completely transformed into another person. In fact, if he had a thick bushy mustache above his lip, he might have even looked identical to…Rex's jaw dropped. "Dr. Frank Einstein?"The scientist’s eyes twinkled like stars. "Hello again, Rex," smiled Frank Einstein.OOC: WHAM! Sorry about such a long post... but as I said, since I don't know when my next post will be posted... I figured I'd satisfy your appetites for now. Edited by PeabodySam

OOC: Thank you, Jackson Lake and PeabodySam. I really appreciate that.And so the reason you drew Einstein and Bishop suddenly make sense! Holy smokes. I did not see that coming at all. So Bishop is in the Napoleon XIV and Einstein managed to fool everybody, including Sarah and Kate? And was he the mole in XERRD. Wow. In fact:*flips over laptop*IC:Commander Vinyaya stood outside the Fire Hammer, on the cliff opposite of the tower Maelstrom Temple. Vinyaya could feel the evil and destruction radiate from the corrupted building. It even feels more like a Maelstrom Temple than the Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins."Are we ready to go?" Dr. Martinet asked. Vinyaya turned to see the medic, who now had a large pack on his shoulders, no doubt full of medical supplies. He also had a machine gun resting calming in his arms."You're heading in?" Vinyaya asked, an eyebrow raised."Of course I am. It's my job to stand by and help the injured," he said in a matter-of-fact tone."You realize how dangerous this is, right?"Martinet rolled his eyes. "Obviously. I've had some rather...interesting fighting experience prior to the Dino Attack, and I learned how to use firearms before coming here. I'm more prepared for this battle than any other medic might have been. Maybe except for Dr. Luzwheit of that "'Second Headquarters Squad.' Now, let's press on." He gestured for Vinyaya to take the lead. She nodded and started to head toward the rope bridge.As she approached, she saw several Agents and Dino Attack Agents working to assemble a zip-line to cross over to the Maelstrom temple as Semick had requested. An Agent turned and saw Vinyaya and Martinet and gestured them over."Take this rope and tie it somewhere over on the island," the agent requested, handing Vinyaya a rope. Vinyaya accept the rope and she started to head across the rickety bridge.*******************************Doctor Carolyne Provencal stared in horror as she watched man they had assumed was Wallace Bishop reveal himself to be a different person all together. He joined Rex, Venomosa, Kate, another Dino Attack Agent, and to Provencal's surprise, Señor Palomar."Kill them," Provencal commanded to the few other scientists around her. "Except for Palomar. Leave him. For now." They obeyed and charged at the group. Provencal then turned to Michelle Glados, who was watching Frank Einstein intently."How did he remain undetected for so long?" Provencal wondered aloud."Dr. Rex put too much trust in him," Glados said. "He is the reason why we are even fighting the Dino Attack Team now."Provencal simply nodded in agreement. Things were looking bleak for XERRD right now. Zed Provhezor had been killed by the Maelstrom and Walter Breen had been killed by a mole. A traitor. And now more Dino Attack Agents were piling into the chamber and fighting against the scientists. It was just her, Glados, and group of cannon-fodder scientists."And what about Palomar?" Provencal suddenly inquired. "He seems to close to those Dino Attack Agents.""I've noticed," Glados responded flatly. "He may possibly be manipulating them, but...I am uncertain.""It is possibly those Dino Attack Agents offered something more valuable than Breen offered.""More valuable than survival from Mutant Dinosaurs?"Provencal revealed a small smirk. "As crazy as it sounds, it's possible." Suddenly, a Dino Attack Agent started firing at the two scientists with a Cosmotronic Ray. Glados disappeared with her portal device while Provencal took cover, silently cursing the now second-in-command XERRD scientist for leaving her. She quickly spotted the attacker, who started running at Provencal. She spun her Sorcerer staff and fired a brilliantly-purple blast at the agent. The Maelstrom blast lit up the entire room as it struck the Dino Attack Agent. He screamed as purple electricity travelled through his body. He fell to the ground, dead.A bright orange light flashed to Provencal's left side. "Thanks for leaving me," Provencal said to Glados coldly."That was quite a light show," Glados said, ignoring Provencal's complaints."I provided a few upgrades to this staff to make it more lethal," Provencal quickly explained. "I'm glad to see they work. Now, let's kill these foolish agents."