Saint's Row 1, 2, And The Third

Pantera

Anybody still play the Saint's Row series?I only have The Third. It, in my opinion, is WAY more fun than GTA IV. Better handling for vehivles, too!Let us all discuss the nearly AO rated video game!Please, watch what you say. This is Saint's Row we're talking about, not Kinect Animals. Kids see this stuff, man!Think of the KIDS!Get your Apoca-Fists ready, set phasers to Immature Humor, and have FUN!

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

I'm planning to get Saints Row: The Third this weekend. Looking forward to the complete chaos.And it's okay to talk about SOME of the illegal stuff they do. Not all of it is mature.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

It's pretty good, but GTA V is looking to blow Saint's Row The Third out of the water.-Teezy

If the HANDLING OF A VEHICLE WOULD BE BETTER!But SR:TT is MUCH more fun than GTA IV. I even have The Complete Edition of GTA IV with all 3 episodes.

Led Zeppelin?

Saints Row the Third was an extremely funny experience, but not one that I can go back to all the time. And I disagree with your vehicle handling comments - GTA has supremely better vehicle mechanics... perhaps it's just my experience with all manner of racing games and vehicles in pretty much every game I play, but while I find Saints Rows cars to be easy to drive, GTA cars are much more rewarding to drive, sheerly because of the skill required.That and Helicopters. Helicopter battles in GTA are so much fun if you're skilled.Still though, Saints was quite the funny game. My step-brother's the one who got it, I had no interest but i have to admit that I did end up finishing the game before he did, and asides from a few (albiet Game-Killing) Glitches it was quite good. The only gripe I have with it is that you don't feel like you're fighting anything - You have the world at your fingertips, and it makes combat less rewarding.Multiplayer is something I havn't tried as I don't own an Online Pass for the 360, so I can't comment there. but just from my single player experience I have a feeling it wouldn't shape up to the same level GTA does for me. GTA's kept me up till five or six in the morning... sometimes even all night while playing with friends because of the sheer amount of hilarious things you can do. Add to that the fact that one of you is an insanely skilled driver, and the other is an insanely skilled Pilot, and the laughs can last forever. I just can't see that happening in Saints, probably because of the sheer comedy of the game. While I like my fun, I also like a little dose or two of seriousness in a game, and Saints really doesn't deliver that for me..........And that was way longer than I thought it would be.-Hawkeye

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

I don't get really THAT many freezes with SR3. AND I have a PS3!It never freezed up on me until 2 months after I got it.I don't expect Skyrim to be the same with me.But as far as satifying combat kills, Red Dead Redemption takes the triple chocolate cake. In RDR, you can't shoot a gun as fast as an Uzi.But whether you pick a zombie, horse, or person off, it is just so much more rewarding somehow than modern games with guns.

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

I've never bought anything for my avatar, but once I get SR3, I'm buying Zimos's Suit for sure, and microphone cane. I just wanna look like a pimp (does BZP block that word? no? okay).

Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I'm not talking about Freezing, that I can live with - everything freezes at some point or another and it has nothing to do with the game. The glitches i'm referring to are present specifically within the Virtual Reality of the Deckers - during the boss battle he sometime's doesn't reappear after his first disappearance, making the battle unwinnable.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

On Wikipedia it says "with every new copy of SR3, there will be a free download of SR2 within it".But I can't find it.I even bought the game 4 MONTHS after it's release.It must not have been bought so much.

Playstation 3 only, it seems.Though I've never heard of that offer before.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I HAVE the PS3 version.My favorite mission is the Insurance Fraud ones. I like to jump in the air, do Ragdoll, go FLYING, and yell: "Do you not know who I am? I'M JEEZUS!" Or just: "I"M JEEZUS!"Just for fun of course. Not poking fun at religion.

Led Zeppelin?