Voya Nui And The Southern Continent.

Voya Nui came out of the Southern Continent to begin with, tearing a hole in the top of the dome in which the Southern Continent was in. It floated to the top of the sea and was supported by a cord. Then, when the cord was cut, Voya Nui (probably) sunk down into the hole made by it when it came up to the surface. As for why an island can float and then sink...here's an explanation from this topic:

It's also possible the Ignika itself used clever tactics to ensure the island would remain intact -- and this might also explain the floating. Perhaps it made all the rock of the island alive, and the volcano remained active because the Ignika turned it into a heart for this organism. Perhaps the rock was modified to be more like living cells, but with the cell interiors being bubbles of air, like pumice. Later on, this island-organism may have died of old age, and it was no longer really floating, but the stone cord held it in place.So it would float for just long enough for Mahri Nui to form, fall in, and the stone cord to form connecting the two. The cord would at first act like an anchor for the floating island, but later would become thick and strong enough to act as a pillar actually holding it up.And if the rock was already being made into this living form as it flew upwards, it may be more flexible instead of brittle, explaining how it stayed intact. Perhaps the nature of this change also explains why the coasts are ice. In order to run a volcano on a floating island something obviously must be in operation that is very abnormal. Volcanic heart needs heat; if the "cells" on the outer edges absorbed heat from the environment, channeling it into the heart, this would make the edges cold, and ice would form naturally due to seawater.Another problem is all the new mass of Mahri Nui and the cord, though. Maybe the island had to literally eat itself from the inside out in order to keep this heart running, so by the time the Toa came it was a lot more hollow than before, and had almost no rock left it could draw from. This would support the dying of old age theory.Most of this could work too if instead of the Ignika turning the island alive it was a nonliving set of systems and physics properties assigned long ago by the Great Beings as contingencies. (The physics properties explanation would especially work under my cyberclay theory, as protodermis would then not be limited by the physics of real-world materials.)

There also was some guiding by the Staff of Artahka to ensure that Voya Nui got to where it was supposed to go. It's possible that the Staff just pulled it under the ocean to its proper place when the cord was cut...but either way, passed down through the ocean, through a hole that was made when it emerged in the first place (which was sealed up by the Staff after it passed through) and back to where it rightfully belonged.

The Mata Nui robot's outer shell was breached above the Southern Continent during the Great Cataclysm, which caused Voya Nui to break off and float south towards Mata Nui's feet, which is where it became anchored to the sea floor. So when the cord broke, Voya Nui went back north and through the hole it made and it returned to it's original position, also covering up the hole into Karda Nui, stopping the waterfall. What doesn't make sense about that is that even if Voya Nui covered the hole into Karda Nui, there should have still been a hole above Voya Nui, which technically should have flooded the MU. Unless I'm completely wrong here.

I agree with Knuckles, it should have flooded a part of the robot. But what I still don't get is this. Looking at the SC, high above the land a glass dome is. If Voya Nui floated out of the glass dome, maming a hole, this is what I don't get. When Voya Nui sank back into the SC, a big hole should have still been in the dome, above Voya Nui. This wouldn't just flood Voya Nui, but the whole of the SC. Correct? Tell me if i'm wrong here.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

I agree with Knuckles, it should have flooded a part of the robot. But what I still don't get is this. Looking at the SC, high above the land a glass dome is. If Voya Nui floated out of the glass dome, maming a hole, this is what I don't get. When Voya Nui sank back into the SC, a big hole should have still been in the dome, above Voya Nui. This wouldn't just flood Voya Nui, but the whole of the SC. Correct? Tell me if i'm wrong here.

I'm thinking the Staff of Artakha fixed it. Remember, the Toa Nuva were repairing the universe at the time, and they used the Staff of Artakha just minutes after the Cord was severed.By the way, it wasn't a glass dome, it was the chest of the Great Spirit Robot, made of some metal.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

The Mata Nui robot's outer shell was breached above the Southern Continent during the Great Cataclysm, which caused Voya Nui to break off and float south towards Mata Nui's feet, which is where it became anchored to the sea floor. So when the cord broke, Voya Nui went back north and through the hole it made and it returned to it's original position, also covering up the hole into Karda Nui, stopping the waterfall.What doesn't make sense about that is that even if Voya Nui covered the hole into Karda Nui, there should have still been a hole above Voya Nui, which technically should have flooded the MU. Unless I'm completely wrong here.

The Staff of Artahka repaired the hole:

“What you see is a but a fraction of the power of the staff,” the voice replied. “Even now, its energies are reaching out from Metru Nui to the southern islands, undoing the damage that was done by Mata Nui’s fall. Chasms are sealed; buildings restored to glory; mountains rise, and rivers flow once more. And when your fellow heroes sever the cord that binds Voya Nui to Mahri Nui, it too will be restored to where it belongs and the hole it made sealed behind it.”

Agreed with T.B.O.C. - and yes, the dome wasn't glass, it was a thick hull of a giant robot.