"makuta Grey"

Dwanny

Although i have been aware of it before, i have not quite realised the dangers that lurk behind it.Most of us know that Makuta (and all other sets before 2003) had a different kind of grey.Since i am (trying to) rebuild my collection, this has proved to be problematicA. I tend to mix up the grey's, and then i have to take apart everything so as to correct mistakes.B. I lost some "makuta grey" pieces, and as far as i know i cannot buy them again.I'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem.How did you solve it? Halp?-Dwanny

My best guess would be to look on ebay for makuta armor. You are talking about the darker grey chest plates on the origional makuta, right?

No, about the actual grey parts. The "newer" grey looks different.Whait, here's an image:Makuta grey on right, new grey on left.Maybe i'll take an actual picture sometime, but then the difference isn't quite as obvious. Edited by Dwanny

My best guess would be to look on ebay for makuta armor. You are talking about the darker grey chest plates on the origional makuta, right?

No, about the actual grey parts. The "newer" grey looks different.Whait, here's an image:Makuta grey on right, new grey on left.Maybe i'll take an actual picture sometime, but then the difference isn't quite as obvious.
Your referring to the original Dark Grey, as opposed to the newer Dark Stone Grey (or to many fans, Dark Bluish Grey). But regardless of what you meant, the solution is the same: look online. There are a number of online marketplaces that exclusively deal in aftermarket LEGO parts, so I'd recommend you check there. If you're lucky you'll find a seller who has all of the parts you need at reasonable prices.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Your referring to the original Dark Grey, as opposed to the newer Dark Stone Grey (or to many fans, Dark Bluish Grey). But regardless of what you meant, the solution is the same: look online. There are a number of online marketplaces that exclusively deal in aftermarket LEGO parts, so I'd recommend you check there. If you're lucky you'll find a seller who has all of the parts you need at reasonable prices.

Hmm, i'll do that.Thanks, i didn't know such shops (if you can call them shops) existed.

Hmm, i'll do that.Thanks, i didn't know such shops (if you can call them shops) existed.
Oh yeah, there are a ton. I have the same problem with my collect, especially rebuilding Rahkshi.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Since nobody else has named any specific places to buy LEGO parts, let me recommend Bricklink and Peeron. Both sites allow you to find parts by part number, color, or even by what sets contain them. Peeron does not sell parts directly, but it has links to many Bricklink online stores they are affiliated with.On Bricklink, the pre-2004 dark gray color is called Dark Gray, and the pre-2004 light gray color is called Light Gray.On Peeron, the pre-2004 dark gray color is called OldDkGray. The pre-2004 light gray color is called OldGray.A third option for replacing lost parts is the LEGO.com Customer Service Replacement Parts page. However, that service is dependent on whether TLG has the parts you need in stock, which is uncertain in the case of older parts like the ones you are missing. Additionally, you don't know how much the parts will cost until you have sent a request, but I've heard their prices are fairly reasonable and in any case you won't be forced to buy the parts if you inquire about them and learn they are more expensive than you can afford.On the LEGO Customer Service site, the pre-2004 dark gray color is called DARK GREY and the pre-2004 light gray color is called GREY. These are the official names LEGO uses for these colors and will appear next to "Exact Color" in the pop-up window when you click on a part's image. The customer service site does not have images of all parts, but if you can't find the part you want pictured then you can provide the design ID (the part number that's usually embossed on the part) or give a description of the part and LEGO Customer Service will try to identify it for you.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Ah, the classic conflict between gray and bley. Yes, I certainly agree with Aanchir that Bricklink is one of the best sources for acquiring parts of various older colors such as that.~B~

Edited by Ballom

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, eBay is a good source, but if you can't replace them, use spare parts to substitute all the armor for a different color.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012