B Z P Scrapbook

Exo-Fat's RPGs, man. That was where it was at...the guy was a freakin' genius. When I was but a wee noob (I think I'd actually been on for like two years, I never really was cured), I gave Abyss a really bad review before I'd even played any RPGs. It was my first and I was pretty much addicted, played everyone of his games until he left. I cried...spiritually.The Member Hurt & Heal series in G&T was a lotta fun, if anyone remembers it...and checking the top 20 posters everyday to see if you'd sufficiently overtaken GD. Maybe that's just me, though. :PThe fads, too. All your base are belong to us sticks out in my memory, and everyone would always scramble to make the topic that'd point it out. Thirty of them would be closed and one would go hot and we'd all get jealous.Man, was I a noob.

"I admire your style, which is colorful, if monochromatic."

Exo-Fat's RPGs, man. That was where it was at...the guy was a freakin' genius. When I was but a wee noob (I think I'd actually been on for like two years, I never really was cured), I gave Abyss a really bad review before I'd even played any RPGs. It was my first and I was pretty much addicted, played everyone of his games until he left. I cried...spiritually.The Member Hurt & Heal series in G&T was a lotta fun, if anyone remembers it...and checking the top 20 posters everyday to see if you'd sufficiently overtaken GD. Maybe that's just me, though. :PThe fads, too. All your base are belong to us sticks out in my memory, and everyone would always scramble to make the topic that'd point it out. Thirty of them would be closed and one would go hot and we'd all get jealous.Man, was I a noob.
THIS.RPG forum ain't the same without Exo.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

You guys have made me sad, I want BZPower to have all those things now. :(Seriously though, this place needs a BZPower Renaissance.
I officially approve. This needs to happen, so badly.But really, there's too many memories to recount. My early days when the forums were active, my time in FCG with Toa's Union Gaming, the RPGs I started in; Darkspace, City of Steam, BZPRPG 2010. It hurts like heck thinking about it, remembering the old forums...Yeah, I really miss 2010, as much of a noob as I was.

Joined in 06, but I didn't really get much until about 08--like Spawn said about what I said, maturing as Exo-Fat's career matured really affected me, I think. Kiotu and I also worked on a major RPG heavily based on Exo's style for literally a year, and we almost won--we were gonna redo it, but I haven't seen him in forever. That RPG is probably one of my fondest memories of BZP, as is Kiotu. I miss that dude. Old staffies bring back memories too. Kex, Screenguy...age is weird, lemme tell you.Remembering this junk and looking at all the posts is like looking at late 90's movie covers and being like, 'God, were the cameras really that bad?'

"I admire your style, which is colorful, if monochromatic."

Joined in 06, but I didn't really get much until about 08--like Spawn said about what I said, maturing as Exo-Fat's career matured really affected me, I think. Kiotu and I also worked on a major RPG heavily based on Exo's style for literally a year, and we almost won--we were gonna redo it, but I haven't seen him in forever. That RPG is probably one of my fondest memories of BZP, as is Kiotu. I miss that dude. Old staffies bring back memories too. Kex, Screenguy...age is weird, lemme tell you.Remembering this junk and looking at all the posts is like looking at late 90's movie covers and being like, 'God, were the cameras really that bad?'
I remember that RPG. You kept asking me for advice on it and I was so stoked for it to win and it never happened. ;___;-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Through the years we've seen many members come and go. Each year brings us new changes, be them April Fools pranks, name changes or even a forum upgrade. After many years I'm sure this site has its fair share of stories to tell, and although we could just sift through the archives, I think it would be nicer to reminisce with other members.Simple question: What were some of the most memorable experiences of yours on BZP (be them fond memories, horrible recollections or something that caught your eye where you look back and chuckle "Hah, I remember that")Being an old member myself (keep off the lawn), I'll share a few events to start us off.TugglesYeah, yeah, they were a very simple MOC and they weren't incredibly difficult to make... but man did these things get attention! I still find it funny how upset some members got over it. XD To this day I still remember those tuggly-wuggly-bungly- *hits face to keyboard to stop*Vahki PowerNow this was a fun year for BZP. There were a lot of theories going around about whether or not Turaga Dume was evil. There was plenty of support for both sides and the debate was very engaging. This was the year when Bionicle was taken in a totally new direction with the new discoveries of Metru Nui and the announcement that the Vahki had taken control of our website.
I remember both of these quite well, in fact I may even have a Tuggle somewhere! I shall strive to dig it out... I think Vahki Power, as you've mentioned, was probably my greatest memory, and the long campaign afterword to have the Vahki forum skin selectable as an option, I was overwhelmed when it finally came around, I love it so much! That prank must have taken weeks of set up, I seem to recall so many little changes, from emoticons to names, new items etc. I wonder what sort of planning went into it? 2003 and 2004 were pretty fun, now I think about it.