When was the better plastic in Hero Factory put in use?

CeeCee

What are you asking? If you mean when did they start using it then I think it started with the 2.0 line. If you mean when it was used best then I dunno.As for Stormer, they are bringing out Stormer XL, who basically acts in place of a canister-sized Breakout Stormer. If you really wanted to you could make a custom one yourself though.

What are you asking? If you mean when did they start using it then I think it started with the 2.0 line. If you mean when it was used best then I dunno.
Well I heard that the early models had plastic that was really brittle but then they got better

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

There was no significant change in the plastic used for Hero Factory sets as far as I am aware. The increased strength of Hero Factory joints comes entirely from the superior engineering of the 2011-2012 molds themselves, hence why TLG's designers have recently redesigned the Shadow Matoran foot with the new joint style rather than simply making them from the original molds in a new plastic. 2010 sets mostly used the same joint style as 2008-2010 BIONICLE sets, hence the brittleness of those joints.Now, if you're wondering what sets should be safe to get without risk of getting older, more brittle joints, 2011 is when the new joints were introduced. Some of the Fire Villains from early 2011 may come with the 2008-2010 style of Y-joint, though, and all of them come with Glatorian heads which feature the 2008-2010 style of joint. Waspix, Fangz, and earlier production runs of Toxic Reapa all include Shadow Matoran feet with the 2008-2010-style of joint. And all of this year's sets besides Toxic Reapa, Jawblade, and XT4 use Glatorian heads. So as of yet, the 2.0 and 3.0 hero sets, as well as Witch Doctor, Rocka XL, Scorpio, Raw-Jaw, Jawblade, and XT4 are the only sets that can be bought without any risk of them including older-style joints.And yes, as Doctor Wotz said, Stormer XL is this year's Stormer set. It's a bit of a change-up since previously Rocka XL was just a special edition version of another set that year, but this time the difference in size between various heroes is being treated as normal.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time