Virahi

Tikaro

Hello, visitors. I have been a member of BZPower for sometime now, and have been on a LEGO hiatus. I am now back. I haven't stopped building though. In fact, I've been building the entire time that I was gone! Most of my good pieces have been used up on MOCs that I will post at a later date, and I only had bulky, standard pieces left. I got bored last night and whipped these guys up with those pieces. I apologize for picture quality on a few, as I'm still new to my new camera and computer. Hopefully they can do these builds justice. I know I really like them, let's hope you all do too! Enjoy!I'd post a picture right here instead of a link but I haven't been on BZP since the great forum blackout. Hopefully a link will do!Stone FrontBrickshelf GalleryThanks for your views, comments, and critique!

Edited by Tikaro

Very cool Vahkivamps! Firstly I love the way you used the metru torsos for everything except torsos. You really got creative with limb construction as well, and the metru shoulder pads as fingers are outstanding! One gripe/question, the blue head and neck on the mostly green one stands out a bit. Is that supposed to be there?

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

Nice concept you've got here, what with all the Vahki parts. These all seem somewhere between humanoid and animal, which fits them nicely. The stone one reminds me of both a gorilla and a bull, due to the proportions and posturing. I like the leg designs of the green one, although it doesn't really fit with the agile, thin type as suggested by the arms and wings. The torso conglomeration of the blue MOC is interesting and pretty neat as well. I think the blue and brown Virahi are easily my favorites of the bunch. :)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Hands on the green one made me cringe a bit... they look odd. And the blue head looks out of place. The white one is well designed, it looks sleek, and sort of like it would be an assassin-type. The blue one is pretty much flawless. Nothing to improve on there. The brown one is big, bulky, and looks like a gorilla. Now a red, or a black would be cool.

Herp Derp

Very cool Vahkivamps! Firstly I love the way you used the metru torsos for everything except torsos. You really got creative with limb construction as well, and the metru shoulder pads as fingers are outstanding! One gripe/question, the blue head and neck on the mostly green one stands out a bit. Is that supposed to be there?
Why thank you, kindly! I usually would avoid using such large pieces, but they are mostly all I have left and I figured, "why not?" As for the blue on the green, that is solely because I do not have the required pieces. I had one, but apparently a friend of mine decided to let his little brother melt it with a magnifying glass... shame! I made do with what I had, however! Thanks for the feedback!
Nice concept you've got here, what with all the Vahki parts. These all seem somewhere between humanoid and animal, which fits them nicely. The stone one reminds me of both a gorilla and a bull, due to the proportions and posturing. I like the leg designs of the green one, although it doesn't really fit with the agile, thin type as suggested by the arms and wings. The torso conglomeration of the blue MOC is interesting and pretty neat as well. I think the blue and brown Virahi are easily my favorites of the bunch. :)
Thank you! For the brown one you are spot on. It was the first of the bunch built and my original intention was to either make a turtle or a gorilla, before turning into what we see here. Quite the eye you have, my friend! The green was a toughie to make, but I'm rather fond of the way it turned out. I intentionally made the legs larger than the rest of the build. Although I will admit that they aren't as streamlined as I'd have hoped for. One thing I must point out though! There is no blue one! In fact, it's black. The trickery is due to picture enhancements I had to make in order for the photo to show the detail. I appreciate your pleasant response!
Hands on the green one made me cringe a bit... they look odd. And the blue head looks out of place. The white one is well designed, it looks sleek, and sort of like it would be an assassin-type. The blue one is pretty much flawless. Nothing to improve on there. The brown one is big, bulky, and looks like a gorilla. Now a red, or a black would be cool.
Personally I love the hands on the green one. Sort of a praying mantis feel to it. The blue head was due to a lack of pieces, I can assure you! I've mentioned this in the reply above this, but the 'blue' that you're seeing is actually a black creation! Camera and computer edits have resulted in the off-color. Doing these edits allowed for better viewing of detail! The brown one was indeed meant to resemble a gorilla! I'm glad you caught that! As for the possibility of a red build, the chances are almost none. I originally was going to create one, but lacked almost any red pieces, Metru or Mata. However, it is for good reason, as I have another build that I'll hopefully be posting soon which is my reason for a lack of red parts. Stay tuned to find out! Thanks for the great posts, everyone!

I like the whole thing. The way you used the Metru body as hands is just awesome.One thing bugs me is that they have no eyes. Do you know that the little teeth things (those ones on the head piece of Nocturn) fits perfectly on the Vahki head? You can use them as eyes :D

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I like the whole thing. The way you used the Metru body as hands is just awesome.One thing bugs me is that they have no eyes. Do you know that the little teeth things (those ones on the head piece of Nocturn) fits perfectly on the Vahki head? You can use them as eyes :biggrin:
After building these and posting them, I actually tried that out. Unfortunately they were not stable enough for me to leave them in as a permanent piece. Great idea, but only works sometimes! Thank you for your great comment!