Argaraffe's Super Smash Bros 4 Project

Argaraffe

This is just a little project I've been working on since I retired from comic making. My goal started out simply to make a fake roster for the next Smash Bros. game with all my favorite Nintendo characters who would probably never make the cut for the actual game, but since then it's evolved into an attempt at a fake character selection screen with each character having a moveset and a bunch of pallette swaps based on actual powerups / clones from the games. I'm also working on the story for a new story mode, Assist Trophies, Items, and Pokeball Pokemon.However, none of it is completed yet and the character roster has undergone multiple changes and is certainly not finalized. The story mode is still in its rough stages and I'll need some help with character movesets. Regardless, here's what I have so far.Updates:September 2 - Completed roster aside from 2 3rd party charactersAugust 28 - got font, Ice Climbers merged into 1 character, cut Knuckles, Eggman, and Shadow, added Lucas and Phoenix WrightAugust 26 - thread startedCharacter List v2:Mario series - Mario, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr.Yoshi series - YoshiWario series - WarioLuigi series - Luigi, King BooDonkey Kong series - Donkey Kong, King K. RoolWii Sports series - MiiLegend of Zelda series - Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Vaati (might be replaced by Skull Kid)Pokemon series - Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Zoroark, Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard), Team Rocket Grunts (Meowth, Wobbuffet, Weezing)Kirby series - Kirby, King Dedede, Meta KnightKid Icarus series - PitStar Fox series - Fox, Falco, Wolf, LeonR.O.B. series - R.O.B.Fire Emblem series - Marth, LyndiaPikmin series - Captain OlimarIce Climbers series - Ice ClimbersGame & Watch series - Mr. Game & WatchF-Zero series - Captain Falcon, Black ShadowEarthbound series - Ness, LucasGoldenSun series - IsaacBalloon Fighter series - Balloon FighterAnimal Crossing series - Tom NookMetal Gear Solid series - Solid SnakeSonic the Hedgehog series - SonicPacman series - PacmanPhoenix Wright series - Phoenix WrightCharacter Roster v3: Link(two 3rd party slots open)Character Movesets:(coming soon, finalizing Wario and Shadow, working on King Boo and Tom Nook)Pokeball Pokemon:(coming soon)Assist Trophies:(coming soon)Story Mode:(coming soon)So yeah, please tell me what you think.

Edited by Argaraffe

Ghirahim should be added, at least in my opinion. Plus, I'd like to see Capcom represented too - Ryu or Mega Man would work pretty well in SSB, I think.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I've considered Girahim, but he's only been in one game where he wasn't even the main villain (even if that game was beyond awesome). Then again, Lucas got added into SSBB somehow and he was only in one game which was released only in Japan so if a bunch of other people support it he can replace Vaati. I'll have to give those Capcom characters a bit of thought as well. Thanks for contributing!

>cuts Lucas>keeps Falco and WolfwhatAll I have to say is more Earthbound. Poo would probably be the best, but Jeff could probably add something new.As for new characters, who else? Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton. Add the Steel Samurai for good measure.

Edited by Kahinuva

IDK, I never really liked Lucas or felt he was a good choice since he was only in Mother 3. The only reason that Falco, Wolf and Leon are there really s because Star Fox is my favorite video game series of all time so I decided to include them in my list. I like Phoenix Wright, but I never felt he could be in the game or attack outside of throwing evidence, sneezing, or shooting "OBJECTION" bubbles at people. But if you can come up with a complete moveset for him then he would definitely earn a spot.

Phoenix Wright already has a complete moveset (albeit not SSB-oriented) - he's in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Edited by UltraHau

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I think at least Zael and Shulk from The Last Story and Xenoblade should be there, as they are both two of Nintendo's newest IPs, and they are fantastic.Otherwise, it looks great so far, but I've never agreed with anyone that Pacman should ever be in a Nintendo game, Mario Kart Arcade GP was too much, in my opinion.

Edited by III. Xaldin

Thought more about Lucas, and I decided to add him in by merging Ice Climbers into one character. In addition, I cut Knuckles, Shadow, and Eggman from the roster and added Phoenix Wright, leaving two spots open for 3rd party characters. Still thinking about a Kingdom Hearts character. I got an idea for Ratchet & Clank to be in SSB4 a while ago, would anyone support that? However, I accidentally messed up a bunch of pictures and then saved, so I need a new picture for: Bowser, Bowser Jr., Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Samus, Mii, Ganondorf, Link, King Boo, R.O.B., Lucas, Ice Climbers and Phoenix Wright. That'll be my focus in the upcoming days.@ Xaldin: Me neither, but with Namco Bandai codeveloping the next game its kinda guaranteed.

Finally finished the roster aside from two more 3rd party characters. Speak up now if you have any objections to the character list, otherwise, I'll work on the movesets.@ Driken: While Galacta Knight would be pretty cool, if there was to be another Kirby rep it would be Knuckle Joe or Bandana Dee.Almost finished with Wario and K. Rool's movesets, but if there is no interest then I won't continue this. Please post any ideas for both characters and stages if you'd like.