What year did you think had the best characters?

What year did you think had the best characters? And also why?I personally think 2004 had the best, purely for the Toa Metru. I just think they were the most in depth.I am sorry, but the other Toa Teams just didn't cut it for me. They seemed too much like perfect Heroes, while I felt the Toa Metru had some sort of personal growth at the end their journey. The six Matoran were quite annoying thoughPlease note, these are just my opinions, so don't flame me if you dont agree with them(Not that I would expect man on BZP to do this)

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

You can't really beat the uniqueness of the 2001 characters. All the Matoran, the Turaga, heck, even the Toa ... they acted more natural and real than in many other years. Plus, they were all so different, and the story folks found ways to keep them unique amidst a sea of sameishness.Also, poll'd.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

It really is hard to see any other year's characters as better than the classics. On the other hand, those originals spent a lot of time in the limelight in later years too. Nuva 2002, 2003, somewhat 2006, 2008, a bit 2010. The 2004 characters you refer to started in 2001 too. So did most of the Inika.So not really sure we can judge the other years on balance with the first, you know?I think you're more asking what year had the best characterization, though, maybe? I still like the 2001 core message of learning to work together and stand up against an entrenched, very impressive villain a lot. There was a lot that was good in the others too though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I actually felt the Toa Mata were the most developed of the Toa teams. We got such a feel for each of them and an in-depth 3-dimensional personality. I'd probably specify 2001, since it was the introduction of the Mata, and numerous other loveable characters. Taipu, the absent-minded adventurous miner, Tamaru, the Le-Matoran afraid of heights. Hafu, the arrogant but well-meaning carver. They were all great, and while later years built upon them, 2001 is when were first immersed in their ticks and quirks.

exo-toa_battle.jpg

Also, poll'd.
Well there we go. Let's continue there. ^_^ Closified.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)