Questionable ads

CyclonatorZ

I'm curious - how much control do the BZP admins have over the advertisements that appear between the site banner and the forums? The reason I'm asking this is that for the last couple of months, the quality has been pretty abysmal. For a while it was just one repeated ad for a lingerie company, and now its almost always one featuring ladies who "don't like young men." I've noticed the same problem and even the same ads on some of the other sites I visit, and I've verified that it has nothing to do with my personal cookies.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

If I recall correctly, the admins have some control over the advertisements, but they're put there by Google. Just PM a screenshot of the offending ad - and the URL that the ad links to - to any Forum Assistant, and we'll make sure it gets taken care of from there. :)

Edited by Charles J. Guiteau

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

If I recall correctly, the admins have some control over the advertisements, but they're put there by Google. Just PM a screenshot of the offending ad - and the URL that the ad links to - to any Forum Assistant, and we'll make sure it gets taken care of from there. :)
Right. Unfortunately, the administration cannot exactly control which ads get generated on a given page - there are quite a few factors involved, and not ones that can really be influenced, despite the claim that they are always related to the "audience's interests." What control they do have, however, is the ability to get any inappropriate advertisements removed from the rotation. Just follow the instructions Sumiki provided to get it to the attention of the administrators. It is especially important that you obtain the link from the ad. Their content may be iffy and an annoyance sometimes, but the ads do help keep BZPower online, so we do encourage you to report when necessary in order hopefully to make things, well, not-so-iffy.And with that, I do believe the question is answered. If you have any further ones, don't hesitate to contact a Forum Mentor Mentos or any other Q&A staff member.QA; TCtm Edited by Nikolai Medtner