Some more of my questions

boston100

Whatever they imagined a Toa would look like when they transformed into one. I've often wondered what the limits to this are, though. I mean, say a Matoran had grown up in the forest around Ash Bears and for some reason they became his idea of a "Toa"; if he were to become a Toa himself, would he look like an Ash Bear or would he still acquire a humanoid form but with Ash-Bear-like qualities?

coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

Whatever they imagined a Toa would look like when they transformed into one. I've often wondered what the limits to this are, though. I mean, say a Matoran had grown up in the forest around Ash Bears and for some reason they became his idea of a "Toa"; if he were to become a Toa himself, would he look like an Ash Bear or would he still acquire a humanoid form but with Ash-Bear-like qualities?
I think he would be able to tell the difference between an ash bear and a toa, but maybe he would think of them as having camouflaged armor or something jungle-y.However, I think the basic form for a toa is what Helryx looks like, since she was the first. But, yeah, XyzTheDay is totally right.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

When a matoran becomes a Toa by normal process, they take on an appearance which reflects their impression of what a Toa is.When the Toa Metru were created, the Toa they were most familiar with was Lhikan, so their build and armour matched the aesthetic of his.Note that they did retain their proper mask shapes, and the colours of their own elements.When Takanuva became a Toa, he resembled the Toa Nuva because they were his most prominent frame of reference.A matoran who hasn't seen a Toa before, will embody their impression of a Toa, within the limits of an actual Toa's physiology. (If for some reason, the matoran thought Toa had wings, tenticles and two heads, he wouldn't look like that when becoming one.)There are a few exceptions.The Toa Inika were created by a method that is not fully understood. They were weird all over, and their appearance does not necessarily reflect their impression of a Toa.Helryx, Orde and the Toa Mata were created as Toa. They were never Matoran and their designs come from the engineering of Mata Nui and Artakha. Greg has suggested that Helryx may look similar to the Toa Mata in design, given their similar origins.Personally, I prefer to imagine that variations of the Toa Metru design are the most widespread for most of relavent history. That way, the Toa Haga can be uniform as well as the Toa Mangai.some Toa, like Krakua, have origins which were not explained in detail. We dont know exactly by what means he became a Toa, or if he'd ever seen one before, so his design may have been inspired by Helryx, or someone who was not a Toa, but looked heroic to him, or by anybody, or just his own imagination.Consider that those such as Tanma who became Toa in alternate universes would have had points of reference specific to their timelines,Perhaps there are some who became Toa in a different timeline who look different from other universes even as Toa, because they had different experiences.

I think he would be able to tell the difference between an ash bear and a toa, but maybe he would think of them as having camouflaged armor or something jungle-y.
I kinda meant more like if that Matoran had lived in the forest his entire life, pretty much on his own, and had never seen a "true" Toa but instead spent time around some heroically-inclined Ash Bears. It's just a hypothetical situation, even though it'd be extremely unlikely in the actual story. I'm just wondering how far the "idea of what a Toa looks like" thing can be stretched. :PPersonally I'm leaning more toward the idea that all Matoran have some sort of "base code" in their minds that provides them with a general template of a humanoid Toa's appearance that they fill in with their own details, thus resulting on only-humanoid Toa. Edited by XyzTheDay!
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

I think he would be able to tell the difference between an ash bear and a toa, but maybe he would think of them as having camouflaged armor or something jungle-y.
I kinda meant more like if that Matoran had lived in the forest his entire life, pretty much on his own, and had never seen a "true" Toa but instead spent time around some heroically-inclined Ash Bears. It's just a hypothetical situation, even though it'd be extremely unlikely in the actual story. I'm just wondering how far the "idea of what a Toa looks like" thing can be stretched. :PPersonally I'm leaning more toward the idea that all Matoran have some sort of "base code" in their minds that provides them with a general template of a humanoid Toa's appearance that they fill in with their own details, thus resulting on only-humanoid Toa.
OOOOOOOOHHHHH! Ok, yeah, I feel stupid now. So if that happened, he probably wouldn't know what an actual toa was. He would probably turn into something like a claw-less (not clueless) ash bear on it's hind legs wearing a mask (no offence, but your matoran isn't very smart). I think you're right about the base code thing.

new_sig_legacy_2.png