Balgurus, the God Slayer

Magith

Hello, everyone!I figured that the best way to start posting on BZPower would be to post my Self MOC, so here 'ya go.http://i49.tinypic.com/1zez3m8.jpgI hope you like it! 80.gifHe does have an internet video, but it contains content that is not welcome on this forum, so I won't post it here. 43.gifEdit: Welcome to BZaps! In the future, please keep posted images in this forum to 640x640 pixels and 100 kilobytes. For now, I've linked the main picture.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
33krtxy.jpgwa63xu.jpg

Is that mask...painted. but the color scheme has red in it already? I don't see why the mask needed to be painted. I like the design, but the color needs some work, I think you should get rid of the dark gray on the blade, and switch it out for either black or more pearl gray/silver. The sword seems a little bit too wide and long, It'd probably look better if you got rid of all those axle connectors and shortened the whole thing. I do, however, like the way you did the cape, it looks more like a trenchcoat than a cape.

Is that mask...painted. but the color scheme has red in it already? I don't see why the mask needed to be painted. I like the design, but the color needs some work, I think you should get rid of the dark gray on the blade, and switch it out for either black or more pearl gray/silver. The sword seems a little bit too wide and long, It'd probably look better if you got rid of all those axle connectors and shortened the whole thing. I do, however, like the way you did the cape, it looks more like a trenchcoat than a cape.
The problem here is that most of the things you criticized were intentional.43.gifThe reason I painted the mask was #1, to change his colors up a bit. Most MOCs you see with a huna have their primary color as red, and secondary as black. A simple color swap can go a long way. #2 being that he once had a red huna, but it didn't look right, considering the large amount of black in his color scheme.116.gifThe reason the "blade" (it's a scythe/guitar) is gray instead of solid silver was to add a bit more color to make it look more like a guitar. Maybe I'll end up changing it to red, like my electric guitar. 46.gifThis may sound a bit silly, but the sword was meant to be ridiculously over-sized. I love ginormous great swords, so I gave him one.I get what you mean by the axles in the sword, but there's not much I can do about that. In earlier versions, his sword was much thinner, but it was very skeletal, and didn't look very good. 81.gifOh well, I was planning on changing out much of the blade for Onua Nuva chainsaws to make it even more over-the-top. 46.gifOh, and it's not a cape, it's a long shirt. Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks for the feedback! 82.gif
33krtxy.jpgwa63xu.jpg

I agree about the painted Huna, it would look just as good in red. I'm a parts purist. I like the arm, although the curved technic bit sticks out a bit too much. It looks like you could remove it pretty easily. The torso is nice, that's one of the best tattered cape uses I've seen. The lower legs could be shaped better, the techic elbow beam sticks out a bit too much. I did this once, I think it would look nice here- you're welcome to it. Awesome weapons, I do like oversized swords.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I agree about the painted Huna, it would look just as good in red. I'm a parts purist. I like the arm, although the curved technic bit sticks out a bit too much. It looks like you could remove it pretty easily. The torso is nice, that's one of the best tattered cape uses I've seen. The lower legs could be shaped better, the techic elbow beam sticks out a bit too much. I did this once, I think it would look nice here- you're welcome to it. Awesome weapons, I do like oversized swords.
Uhm....You see...Here's the thing....That's not the tattered cape. It's part of an old T-shirt I cut out with scissors. The tattered cape has too many holes and can't be used for a full shirt, so I made a custom one. 62.gifI actually tried changing the mask, and it looked BAAAAAAD. The mask is meant to be the primary color, and with it being the secondary color, it just doesn't look right. 20.gifAs for the arm, the technic thing isn't really holding anything into his arm, it was just on his original design, so I kept it to make sure he's still the guy I made back in 2009. 82.gifIf it hasn't occurred to you yet, I'm not much of a parts purist. If I see a color I don't like, or need something custom, I paint it, or make a new part. It's just kind of the way I work. 05.gifI kind of get what you mean about the lower legs, but I prefer to avoid taking other designs, and if I added any more bulk onto the leg, it would be unable to bend very far. It already has trouble getting an almost 180. 116.gifOh well, thanks for the feedback. I'll make sure to work on him a bit more. 20.gif
33krtxy.jpgwa63xu.jpg

If it hasn't occurred to you yet, I'm not much of a parts purist. If I see a color I don't like, or need something custom, I paint it, or make a new part. It's just kind of the way I work.
Looks like you and Fsnorglepuff would get along well. :lol:Anyways, the MOC looks neat. Pretty much anything I'd say has already been addressed; just the normal stuff, like the blocky lower legs. Nice work overall. :)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits