Theory about Midak

I had a theory while playing the fan created MNOG II. I passed by ol-Midak, you know, the Onu Matoran outside of Onu Wahi? Well, what if he was an Av-Matoran, in addition to Takua? This may seem a bit far fetched, but look at a couple things. Av-Matoran seem to usually be a bit out of place in the village they've been assigned. Look at takua, his color scheme is off, and instead of having the qualities of a Ta-matoran (following duty, staying in place) he would go off adventuring, Midak is the only Onu-matoran i'm aware of that doesn't mind light, and hates darkness. He just seems.... off. Also, Midak, Midak skyblaster. Now, I know some will tell me that Pohatu named the blaster off of the eccentric Onu-matoran, but it's... a bit of a coincidence. Does itg just so happen that Pohatu named the gun off of not even onw of his villagers, but a random Onu-Matoran? Midak in the matoran language could mean some sort of light. Also, Midak loves light, and hates darkness, compared to other Onu-Matoran, that's odd. Maybe it's not canon, but Greg might have had some sort of idea in the beginning with this. Thoughts?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Yes, this has been floated before, and it's possible. Or he might simply have a different personality, as it's canon that those vary within an elemental association.

And you may be exaggerating him, though this is just a nitpick. I don't know if it was stated that he hates darkness, for example.

Incidentally, not sure if I understood you right, but MNOG2 is not fan-created.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yes, this has been floated before, and it's possible. Or he might simply have a different personality, as it's canon that those vary within an elemental association.

And you may be exaggerating him, though this is just a nitpick. I don't know if it was stated that he hates darkness, for example.

Ah, sorry, I meant Nuparu77's continuation of MNOG. MNOG III I guess?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

He is referring to a game somewhat recently posted in the FCG forums, made as a continuation on MNOLG, yet before MNOLG II.

As for the theory, It makes sense, but I suppose the only way we could find out would for Midak to be closer to Karda Nui (If somehow the enlargement effect still works, though unlikely), or by another Erebus/Greg chat. But this does make sense, and If It's true, I can see lots of fan-fiction of Midak becoming... Midakanuva? :P

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but...

13. Are there any more disguised Av-matoran in Metru Nui other than the canister builder?

13) No

9. And finaly is it possible that their are other Av-Matoran other than Takua in Metru Nui?

9) No. The Order did not seed more than one Av-Matoran in a location. The point was for them to be spread out.

The Order would have not needed to fill the area with disguised Av-Matoran because Takua could become the Toa of LIght if one was needed up there. I don't know who the "canister builder" is, but I don't think it's Midiak. Sorry. :(

Well, Midak could have been visiting/travelling to Metru Nui from other locations. We never got to know his Pre-cataclysm occupation, right?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Ah, thanks fishers. As that answers the question, topic will now be closed.

As for the other Av-Matoran, that would be a reference to the guy fans nicknamed Builder, who Jaller's group met in Karzahni and gave the first mysterious description of what we later learned was Karda Nui. He was evacced to Metru Nui along with the other Karzatoran when Gali flooded it. See here.

So, Midak is an Onu-Matoran. :) BTW, here's what the Midak page actually says about his personality:

Midak prefers light over the usual darkness favored by most of his kind, and enjoyed living above ground on the border of Onu-Wahi and Po-Wahi. He is said to talk in detail with anyone who will listen about the joys of pure light. While most Matoran think of him as friendly, if somewhat odd, other Onu-Matoran describe him with harsher words.

Like all Onu-Matoran, Midak can see in the dark, and is stronger than other Matoran. However, his night vision is weak enough that he can live aboveground.

So yes, that was a bit exaggerated, and he has the normal traits of an Onu-Matoran, just within the natural range of variability to have a bit less night vision, which would appear to be the cause of his preference for light. :)

Topic closed. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)