(Since posting in the original topic I started would be considered topic revival, I decided to start a new one.)

A new season of MythBusters started earlier this week. It was a 10th anniversary special where they retested the JATO rocket car myth, originally done in the very first episode. I won't describe the results because I don't know how to use spoiler tags, but I will say it was spectacular.

If you missed it, don't worry. It'll be on again right before next week's new episode on Wednesday.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I LOVE Mythbusters! Awesome show!

Best Regards Iggy                                                                                 Failure to not recognize this user's awesomeness is punishable by Pikachu

"Because some...men just like to watch the world burn"  

Spontaneous Combustions is back, but not in the way you expected.

https://chargeinfinity.wordpress.com/

Thanks, GBV. Now I can say this about the Rocket Car revisit.

First, they drove the car over a line of sandbags for the "bump in the road" in the myth. The car ran over it like it was nothing, but once the car veered slightly, it flipped and crashed. The second car was shot off an 11ft ramp. It flew only about 500ft before hitting the ground nose-first, bouncing once, then stopping as a flaming wreck.

Did anyone happen to watch this week's new episode, the Deadliest Catch special? I did, and it was interesting seeing the way those myths were tested.

If your foot gets caught in a coil of rope, it actually is possible to get pulled overboard and dragged all the way to the bottom. Also, for 30 hours of staying awake, taking 20-minute naps every 6 hours really does double your ability to do things compared to no sleep at all.

Next week's new episode will have myths about public bathrooms, and if it's safe to stand in a doorway during an earthquake.

Edited by Chronicler06

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I enjoyed "taking candy from a baby" a little too much.

• 4 weeks later...

i wasn't expecting a new episode to be on last night, but I was able to watch it. It was the Breaking Bad special, where they tested two scenes from that show. I can't remember the names of the substances used (long and complicated names), but the myths were interesting.

Can acid dissolve a body, eat through the bottom of a bathtub, and the floor below?

Busted. Even a much stronger (and far more dangerous to handle) acid couldn't do any damage to the bathtub.

Can a small amount of a certain unstable explosive blow up a room just by being thrown on the floor?

Busted. Throwing it did nothing, and even when they just made it explode, it wasn't enough to blow out the windows.

Definitely a cool episode.