Gate in Mangaia

Why did they need Takutanuva to open it? Couldn't the Toa Nuva have shared the power of their Pakari to everyone in close proximity and opened the gate easily?

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

They could have, or they could have just used their elemental powers to open it. In fact, they probably had to in order to escape after Makuta's defeat. But Takutanuva "volunteered", as it were, and the Toa Nuva probably felt it was prudent to save their energies for whatever was beyond the gate. After all, there could have been any number of threats back there.

This came up in a recent topic and as I said there, it's merely an assumption as far as I know that they needed him to open it. Really all we know is that he did open it, and since he could, why not? :P

I also said that most likely Makuta saw it as the most convenient way to fake a defeat, improvising after the unexpected fall into the EP and the fusion; he would have to basically just keep these thoughts very much in the merged being's subconscious, and let Takanuva take control and do what he already would want to do; to explore basically. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like a lot of it was just for effect. Takutanuva opens the door, revives Jaller, the door crashes down, Mask of Light comes out, Takanuva is (somehow) revived, and Makuta is temporarily vanquished. None of that could have happened if it was Onua doing it, right? :P

Yeah, basically that's most of it. Speaking of which, was Takanuva really revived that way, or did he just de-fuse in a great big glowing ball of Protodermic energy when Takutanuva was smushed?

toatanusignature.png

I feel like a lot of it was just for effect. Takutanuva opens the door, revives Jaller, the door crashes down, Mask of Light comes out, Takanuva is (somehow) revived, and Makuta is temporarily vanquished. None of that could have happened if it was Onua doing it, right? :P

Yeah, basically that's most of it. Speaking of which, was Takanuva really revived that way, or did he just de-fuse in a great big glowing ball of Protodermic energy when Takutanuva was smushed?

Yes, Takanuva was revived by a device in the floor of the other side of the cavern. This came up in several topics in the past, because the book version has him just escaping the door and climbing out of rubble alive, but Greg confirmed the movie version is correct; he did die.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)