It's Time To Say Goodbye
Thanks to everyone for such a great time. =]
Or not. =P
But I do still have to say goodbye, just not to you guys. Today my brother entered the Norbertines [a religious order of Catholic priests -- in other words, he joined the Seminary]. Which basically means that he'll only be able to visit us like once a year and we can only see him about once a month [we have to drive down to the Abbey].
Cool trivia: He's entering with Grant Desme, aka the Oakland A's MVP.
I'm definitely going to miss him [my brother]. Though, I have to say, I'm glad to finally have my own room. =P I mean, even through college all his stuff was still there but now it isn't.
So we dropped him off at St. Michael's Abbey today, and on the way back we stopped at Book Off again [I tell you, I'm like addicted to that used bookstore now =P]. What I got:
- And Then There Were None -- Agatha Christie. Probably my favorite book that I've read, and definitely my favorite of hers.
- The White Mountains -- John Christopher. 55555 has been bugging me to get this for a long time [as well as the rest of the Tripods Trilogy, but I couldn't find those] so I finally did.
- Batman Begins -- Novelization by Dennis O'Neil. Hey, the movie was awesome, it'd be cool in book form, too, I think.
- The Corps -- W.E.B. Griffin. Just sounded awesome. I love the Marines [and am kind of thinking of joining, but I really have no idea].
- Trophy Hunt -- C. J. Box. This was recommended by Hugh Hewitt [a conservative talk show host I listen to], so I thought I'd check it out for only a dollar.
- Storm Front -- Jim Butcher. Nuju Metru has been bugging me to get this for a long time as well, so I finally did [it's the first of the Dresden Files].
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes -- Arthur Conan Doyle. I actually already have a version of this book, but this one is nicer, hardback, and was only one buck.
- The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. This was interesting. It's not written by Doyle, but rather a lot of people [including Steven King, and I've been wanting to read something by him for a while], so I thought it was cool.
- Act of Treason -- Vince Flynn. Just another Vince Flynn book because it sounded interesting. And was cheap. And I want more books on my shelves. =P
[Oh, and if you guys didn't get it, I'm not leaving BZPower, and I still do like BIONICLE/BZP. =P]